Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 3, 2012
It's a little weird thing to be reviewing Madonna's album. I am beyond average fan and anyone like that will just be grateful that Madonna puts record out. Madonna's albums were always some kind of staple or measure-stick in pop music where all other current top 40 hits were spinning around. For years Madonna has been changing her sound very successfully as an artist. She kept delivering great albums for her fans, one after another. In this world of new, innovated, over-produced MUSIC, Madonna still manages to deliver an out-standing album. She is still Queen of PoP and no other artist comes anywhere close to her. Public life of this super-famous megastar has its ups and downs but the MUSIC is still undeniable.

By now album has been out for a 9-10 months and I keep going back and forth from it. I liked it from the very first listen but it was a lot to take in. Madonna's ALL albums have their own flow and they all seem to have some kind of concept. In that respect, MDNA is no different. I listened to album a lot and I don't find any weak spots. "Gang Bang", "Some Girls" and "Love Spent" are HIGH points of this album. These three songs are so different from each other, lyrically and sound-wise. I'd say that "Gang Bang" is the ultimate highlight. It's un-like anything else Madonna has done in the past. It has too many people credited for it. But it comes down to Madonna in the end and somehow it's all her. "Some Girls" to me is the greatest sounding song here - lyrics are really dark, but if you blast this one really loud, it will be very up-lifting. I love that contrast. "Love Spent" is just a great pop creation. "I'm Addicted" and "Falling Free" are also great songs - I love both. Singles "Give Me All Your Luvin' ", "Girl Gone Wild" and "Turn Up The Radio" are radio friendly and are SOLID singles. Classic Madonna moment is "Masterpiece". I wish that sometime in the future Madonna would make whole album of songs like that. It seems effortless and Madonna shows her softer side. To me this is ultimate stand-out but I look at it like W. E. soundtrack, rather than part of MDNA. It works but in my mind is attached to the film. "Superstar", "I Don't Give A" and "I'm A Sinner" are also solid songs.

Over-all MDNA is another great album by Madonna. Normally I wouldn't bother giving Madonna extra compliments, but this time I was really irritated by severe criticism. I really can't see why. Also, some people that posted positive reviews were just saying that in-spite of negative reviews. MDNA is very dark. I think that`s what separates MDNA from all other Madonna`s albums and makes people un-comfortable. Most songs are about heartbreak and some kind of picking yourself up from the "bottom". It really shows some dark emotions and anger. But it still gives some kind of solution to it all. Maybe next Madonna album will be sunny-happy album, but for now MDNA does its job as expression of human dark side. It's still authentic and "envelope pushing" as Madonna likes to say ...
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on March 18, 2014
There are many dance songs on this cd, following the trend that Madonna has been doing for a while now. I was really glad to see that she has included some ballads this time around. Her ballads on this album reached inside and grabbed my heart. Great work, Madonna!
on June 30, 2015
I'm going to get the deluxe version of this release soon, not as into this 'clean' version! So, I'm not going to flesh out this review much! I like this cd, yet I'm no pg type of listener...wort the cost, especially used!! /Alexavier
on December 16, 2012
In true Madonna fashion, this CD is different than anything else she has ever done, yet still as amazing as her early work.
on July 4, 2016
there are some song that I like I guess I would like to here the dirty version now
on November 24, 2014
Missed op here. Great album title but really does not contain anything standout. Beautiful Killer should have been on the album and Girl Gone Wild could have been a better single than GMAYL.
on September 26, 2014
One of Madonna's best albums!
3 helpful votes
on October 16, 2016
Another Great CD, from MADONNA
on September 6, 2014
This was her new album really good
dance tracks
the so.songs are different
but worth getting
on August 7, 2016
TIMELESS. LOVE THIS WOMAN PERIOD.