Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on June 11, 2017
Love it
on August 19, 2016
Rachel Griffiths is fantastic - we've looked at this DVD numerous times, and it never gets old.
on March 18, 2013
I was very dissapointed to find this item region coded for the USA.
As I brought it on Amazon Australia,
and had it sent to Australia,
I was under the impression there would be no region code,
as one was never mentioned in the item description.
on February 2, 2016
A fun silly movie to pass the time. Not Oscar material but if you're bored, it's cute.
on September 19, 2005
If you discovered Rachel Griffiths on "Six Feet Under", or anywhere else for that matter, you know that she is a phenomenal actress with the ability to draw viewers in with her remarkable intensity. Few actresses can pull off a film like this one. Griffiths is in almost every single scene and yet we never get tired of seeing her. In fact, Griffiths is the kind of actress that intrigues you so much, that you cannot seem to stop watching her. Her beauty is strange. It's the kind that makes you wonder how she can be so plain one minute, yet so gorgeous the next. It's also the kind that exudes self-confidence while at the same time displaying incredible vulnerability.

The first time I saw this film it was aired on HBO after an episode of "Six Feet Under". At first, I thought the premise of the film might be a little too familiar. It almost seemed to echo IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE and the Gwenyth Paltrow sleeper SLIDING DOORS, but after it was over, I discovered that this movie had a warm feeling that was definitely unique. I won't go into details as there are plenty of recaps available, but I will say that the film is about what it would be like to see two different versions or yourself, making two completely different sets of choices for each one.

ME MYSELF I gives viewers the feeling that life can turn out fine no matter which road we take. That is a comforting thought in today's society. Too often we question our choices, assigning a definitive wrong or right to whatever it is that we're choosing. Maybe, if we learn the lesson this film teaches, we won't be so skeptical the next time we're at a crossroad. We might just take a chance...and that chance just might be as good as the one we passed up.
on June 21, 2016
Great movie from the 90's.
on February 24, 2013
l love this movie! would recommend to anyone who wants a great feelgood movie.
Great story great characters, good what if? story
on January 29, 2013
Very self identifying, wish I really could do the switching places routine. Wonder what other movies are like this. :)
on January 15, 2007
I caught this flick on cable a few years back and it always stayed with me. So, when I found it on Amazon for only five bucks I jumped at it.

The movie still holds up after all those years. Rachael Griffiths is great, and the story is timeless. It reminds me of another one of my favorites, "The Family Man" with Nicolas Cage.

If you're in the mood for a chick flick and have run through your collection, you won't be sorry if you add this one to the bunch.
on November 13, 2005
One of the best movies I've seen in a long time... addresses the question "what if" we had made other choices in our lives - How would our lives be different? What would stay the same?. I especially liked it because, unlike movies like "Family Man", it doesn't romanticize one path or another but rather shows the (realistic) highs and lows of being married vs. being single and how you can be happy with either life style.