Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "MeFOTO Classic Aluminum Roadtrip Travel Tripod/Mon..." and save 25% off the $199.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
MeFOTO Classic Aluminum Roadtrip Travel Tripod/Monopod Kit - Blue (A1350Q1B)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Only products shipped from and sold by authorized resellers such as Amazon.com can ensure that you will be receiving product that has a valid 5 year US warranty upon registration.
- 360-degree Panning: Accurate panoramas can be easily orchestrated using the graduated panning scale for accurate image alignment. Two Leg Angle Positions: For an extra measure of flexibility, tripod legs can be independently locked into place at two different angles to enable shooting in cramped quarters, on irregular surface areas, or at ground level.
- Recessed Center-Column Hook: A spring loaded recessed hook, located in the bottom of the center-column, allows you to hang additional weight from the tripod's center of gravity for increased stability. Separate Head and Pan Lock: Individual head tension and lock knob as well as pan lock help make the right adjustment.
- Precision Matched Q Series Ballhead: Dual action heavy duty ballhead with Arca-Swiss style compatible quick release plate. Integral Bubble Level: Allows adjustment to prevent uneven pans and head movements. CompactThe tripod legs can be inverted and folded back 180 degrees making it small enough to carry just about anywhere.
- Five Leg Sections: Get the height you need and ultimate versatility. Twist Lock Legs with Anti-Rotation System: MeFOTO's innovative rubberized locking grips combined with anti-rotation legs enable fast and fumble-free set up plus weather and dust-resistance.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
|Included Components||Double Action Ball Head, PU-50 Slide-In Quick Rele|
|Item Dimensions||3 x 3 x 15.4 inches|
|Item Weight||3.6 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||4.1 pounds|
The MeFOTO RoadTrip is a compact travel tripod that folds up inversely and also turns into a full size monopod without the use of any tools. It's available in eight different colors and can be used for many different style cameras such as: point and shoot, mirrorless and DSLR with a zoom lens. The RoadTrip comes with a dual action Q series ballhead with Arca-Swiss style quick release plate. Carry case with shoulder strap included.
From the Manufacturer
Great for point & shoot, mirrorless, micro 4/3 and DSLR cameras, plus converts to a monopod in seconds. Only 15.4" when folded yet 61.6" when extended, it weighs 3.6 lbs and can support up to 17.6 lbs.
|The RoadTrip tripod converts into a full size, 64" monopod by screwing together the removeable center column and tripod leg.||The tripod legs can be inverted and folded back 180° giving it a compact size of 15.4".||Five extendable leg sections give you a height range of 15.4"-61.6".||The RoadTrip only weighs |
3.6 lbs. but can support up to
17.6 lbs. making it perfect for your mirrorless or DSLR cameras.
|Two leg angle posititions provide flexibility and enable shooting in cramped quarters or on irregular surface areas.||Twist lock legs with anti-rotation system, paired with rubberized locking grips enable fast and fumble-free set-up plus weather and dust resistance.||Comes with a precision matched Q series ballhead, Arca-Swiss style compatibility quick release plate and integral bubble level to prevent uneven pans and head movements.||Separate head and pan lock secure your camera at any desired angle and obtain accurate panoramas with 360-degree panning.|
|Choose from 8 colors: black, blue, gold, green, orange, purple, red or titanium.||Comes with a carry case for transport and protection.|| |
Backed by MeFOTO's 5 year warranty: 2 years at purchase + 3 years after registration.
|Maximum Load||17.6 lbs (8 kg)|
|Max Height (24° Leg Angle) w/ Column Extended||61.6 in (1565 mm)|
|Minimum Height||15.4 in (390 mm)|
|Folded Length||15.4 in (390 mm)|
|Max Height Converted to Monopod||64 in (1625 mm)|
|Number of Leg Sections||5|
|Leg Lock Type||Twist lock|
|Center Column||Yes. Attaches to leg section to convert to full size monopod.|
|Tilt Range||-45° / +90°|
|Separate Panning Lock||Yes|
|Quick Release (QR) Plate||Arca-Swiss Style (PU50)|
|Head Mount Thread Size||1/4”-20|
|Weight||3.6 lbs (1.6 kg)|
Top customer reviews
My concern was finding a tripod that was A) lightweight and good for traveling and carrying around without much fanfare. B) can hold a full-frame DSLR comfortably with a decent size lens without fear of bending or toppling over and can support up to 20 lbs. (Nikon D700 with grip + bigger lenses) C) can support any ballhead and/or comes with a decent one that truly can support some weight. The MeFoto happlily meets all my criteria!
The ballhead the tripod comes with is removable and you can easily screw on any head you want. I tried one of my "ballheads" (more like a ballhead with pistol grip) which I love, and it just didn't make sense on this tripod. I found the ballhead on the MeFoto to be more than adequate to hold my D700 with Grip + Tamron 70-300 lens without a slight budge. This small ballhead is incredible. It is smooth, easy to operate, and I am in love. I wish I could find the exact replacement ball head for my other tripods and monopod. I'd buy a few. If anyone knows of a replacement only available for purchase, please hit me up here!
The Road Trip comes with 5 extendable legs. I was leary about "twist" legs, coming from the lever type, and I find i really do love these legs! The legs are easy expand or collapse and hold in place firmly. I can easily get these legs out and setup before my old slick tripod with the "lever" type of legs. I find I prefer to setup by expanding 4 of the 5 legs, and leave the last segment collapsed. It seems to keep the tripod a little more steady when using a heavy setup. Not that I wouldn't setup all five legs and trust them. Just for my purposes of testing and use, this works for me so far. If I extend the column I can see fine through the viewfinder without much discomfort and may have to bend a little. I am 5' 10" and have no problems with it.
A nice nylon zipped carrying case comes with this package. Inside the case is a little pocket for storage. This pocket also contains a set of spiked leg caps for rough landscape terrain like water, sand, snow, dirt, ice and mud. There is an allen wrench for making adjustments as needed.
There is a hook at the bottom of the column that you can hang a bag on for stability. I have used this and hung my 20 lb. camera bag on it without any problem. This allowed for great anchoring of the tripod and limited movement in windy situations. The monopod idea is also an awesome idea. I have tried to assemble the tripod by unscrewing the padded leg and column and putting it together, which took 30 seconds tops. I haven't tried using it for any real world projects yet, but I see no issues with it.
The Slik stays in my truck and can go on small excursions or landmarks close by. I want a tripod I can attach to a backpack or throw into some luggage without taking up a lot of room and creating a lot of weight. I want a tripod that is sturdy and doesn't cause me any worry. I want a tripod that will prove to be durable and easy to use. The MeFoto Road Trip is that tripod. You'd be hard-pressed to find a tripod within this class and price-point featuring this fit, finish, usability, and features. I'd highly recommend the MeFoto Road Trip series for most DSLR's out there!
For pictures of the MeFoto set up and size, please see the comments section of this post.
After a solid week of shooting in Costa Rica plus a number of small time uses here are my thoughts:
- Super compact and relatively light. I only brought one large photo backpack bag to Costa Rica and this easily attached to the outside without notice, something other tripods can't do.
- Relatively easy set-up. Not the biggest fan of the screw legs (my only design complaint), however you can open them all and close them all at once when they are in the collapsed position.
- Held a Nikon D200 + 70-300 vr with absolutely no problems. Big bodies with anything larger then 70-200 may struggle at full extension, however without the very last leg section expanded it is significantly beefier.
- Monopod is super convenient and an awesome feature I use all the time now that I never knew I wanted/needed.
- Easy to take apart the legs and clean sand out of every crevice
- Ball-head is decent, obviously no RRS BH-40 but not bad for being included and held everything just fine.
Overall I would say this is nearly competes with tripods that are significantly more expensive but the size and portability makes me just want to use it from now on.
When I first tried this tripod out I was immediately impressed by how much of an improvement a ball head makes. Positioning me camera is easy now and it locks firmly in place without any sag. I like that the ball head is removable which means that if I later feel the need to upgrade (which as a hobbyist seems unlikely) I can do so in stages either by replacing just the ball head or just the tripod legs.
The legs extend quickly and lock firmly but were a bit stiff when adjusting the angle but this was quickly fixed with the included allen wrench.
The tripod also includes metal spikes which can replace the default rubber pads when necessary. Simply unscrew the rubber feet and screw in the spikes. I did miss them when I first pulled the tripod out of the box because they are in an inner pocket of the carrying case which is somewhat easy to miss if you don't know its there
With all sections of the legs extended the tripod can flex a bit and loses a little of its stability but I found that hanging my camera bag from the hook on the center post helped quite a bit.
Finally, converting to a monopod is reasonably quick, requiring that the leg with the foam pad be unscrewed, the hook assembly unscrewed, and the center post is then screwed onto the leg.
In summary I am very pleased with this tripod and it fulfills my travel need nicely