CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Meccano-Erector - Meccanoid 2.0
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Build your personal robot about 2ft tall, with 6 motors for realistic movement.
- Meccanoid has 3 innovative ways to program and knows 3000+ pre-programmed phrases.
- Your new robot friend features voice recognition and smart device communication.
- Meccanoid 2.0 is for ages 10+ and requires 4 D batteries (not included).
- Includes 497 Parts, 1 Meccabrain, 1 LED Module, 3 Hand Tools, 4 Servos, 2 Rear Wheel Assembly, 2 Motor Gear Box Assembly, 1 USB Cable
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
What’s In The Box/Battery Requirements
The Meccano Meccanoid 2.0 is intended for ages 10+ and requires 4 D batteries (not included). Each Meccano Meccanoid 2.0 box contains:
- 497 Parts
- 4 Servos
- 2 Rear Wheel Assembly
- 2 Motor Gear Box Assembly
- 1 Meccabrain
- 1 LED Module
- 3 Hand Tools
- 1 USB Cable
Meccano - Meccanoid 2.0
Build a Robotic Best Friend with Meccano Meccanoid 2.0!
Did you ever dream of having your own personal robot? Make those dreams a reality with Meccano Meccanoid 2.0, and get busy building a brand-new robo-buddy today!
Meccano - Meccanoid 2.0
Motorized Movement Brings it to Life!
Meccano makes building your very own robot a blast! Using high quality, durable pieces along with the real tools included in your set, build your Meccano Meccanoid to be the very best. It stands 2 feet tall, and features 8 different motors for amazing Meccano movement, awesome articulating arms and head, plus motorized feet!
3 Unique Ways to Program Meccanoid 2.0!
Your Meccano Meccanoid 2.0 comes equipped with 3 exciting and innovative methods to program, including: Learned Intelligent Movement, Ragdoll Mode, and Drag and Drop programming on a smart device (device not included). Meccanoid also knows over 3000 pre-programmed phrases, loves to tell stories, and knows trivia!
Radical Voice Recognition!
Enhance your fun and excitement with a variety of cool Meccano features! In addition to voice recognition, your Meccano Meccanoid is also equipped with LED eyes, and seriously awesome smart device communication! The possibilities are practically infinite with Meccano Meccanoid 2.0!
Meet your personal interactive robot Meccanoid 2.0! Build Meccanoid, which stands 2ft tall, with the included real tools and durable plastic & metal pieces. This personal robot features 6 motors for realistic arm, hand and head movement, motorized feet so it can move forward and backward, LED eyes programmable to over 500 colors, and even voice recognition. Meccanoid 2.0 has 3 innovative ways to program: Learned Intelligent Movement (L.I.M.), Ragdoll mode, and Drag and Drop programming through the Meccanoid app downloaded to a smart device (device not included). Plus, Meccanoid knows over 3000 pre-programmed phrases, tells stories, and knows robot trivia. Meccanoid 2.0 is your new robot best friend.
504 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-4 of 504 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- This is a VERY cool toy for all ages! Meccanoid does so many neat things that everyone adores. He dances, he exercises, he tells jokes, he walks hand in hand with you. All around very neat little dude.
- The robot was an excellent project for my son and I to complete together. I highly recommend doing this with your child.
- Time consuming to build with many, MANY pieces.
- The instruction guide is lacking. The pictures are pretty good to follow along with, but the pieces are not labeled. It was hard to know which screws were 12mm and which were 14mm. In the end, we did find we were wrong on a few occasions.
- The robot seems to have some features that we aren't aware how they operate? There is a "drone" mode, but we aren't sure why.
The project took about 8-9 hours for us to complete. I also made the mistake of not reading the fine print, so when the grand finale time came, I did not have any C batteries. However, after the dash to the store, we were able to complete our Meccanoid. I will gladly attest to it being well worth the effort we put into it. The smile on my sons face after realizing he just built a real robot = priceless!
This toy is an expensive statue. The "brain" appears defective, as if in a permanent boot process. Support and response from the manufacturer are awful. The online community site has been out of service for scheduled maintenance. Why would a toy company schedule website maintenance the week after Christmas, anyway?!?
Apparently, this toy works well for some people and not others. Seems like a quality control issue. If you're considering buying it, then you're gambling that it works out of the box. If it doesn't:
- you won't know until your child (and/or you) invested many hours assembling it
- you'll have a very disappointed child
- you'll invest hours trying to help your child troubleshoot it
- you'll be frustrated by lack of support
- you'll need to decide when to tap out, and begin the hassle of disassembling and returning it (my current decision point)
- even if you're the type of person who never writes product reviews, you'll be compelled to (me, now)
Do yourself a favor, and buy a different toy instead. The battery complaint from other reviewers is true, too. I've gotten the low battery warning, and only had it on long enough to work on troubleshooting. I intended for my boy to learn a bit about mechanical assembly and programming. Instead, he got a lesson in 6-sigma and sunk costs. I'll be glad to update this post if the manufacturer responds.
On the plus side, humanity is safe if Skynet uses the same QC procedures. Hasta la vista,
I recognize that it may be that we have done something wrong during the assembly process or programming stage that is causing our issues. However, I would have expected most people could assemble and play with this robot. My husband is an electrical engineer and very handy and both he and my daughter have lost interest in playing with it or continuing to try to figure out what is wrong with him.
I gave this a low rating because for the price of this toy, I would have expected more... more information, more technical support at least online, and more playtime.