CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Meccano-Erector M.A.X Robotic Interactive Toy with Artificial Intelligence
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The future is here and it’s ready to play! Meet M.A.X, the 12” tall advanced robot featuring both artificial intelligence and customizable programming.
- M.A.X comes with built-in infrared sensors, to help it sense obstacles and navigate surfaces as it rolls around on sturdy smart wheels.
- Challenge young minds with this S.T.E.M robotics toy. Perfect for budding engineers, builders and visionaries, M.A.X requires kids to engage in critical thinking.
- M.A.X is a robotics toy recommended for kids aged 10+. Intermediate complexity level. Build time of 1-3 hours.
- Includes: 332 Parts, 1 AC/DC Wall Mount Charger (10.4W), 1 Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery 1800 mAh, 2 Hand Tools, 1 Sticker Sheet, 1 Instruction Sheet for 1 Model, 1 M.A.X Brain Module, 1 IR Sensor Module, 2 Smart Motor Modules, 1 LED Module, 1x 3 kgs Servo, 1x 1.9 kgs Micro Servo, 1 USB Cable
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
What's in the Box:
- 332 parts
- AC/DC wall mount charger (10.4W)
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery 1800 mAh
- 2 hand tools
- Sticker sheet
- M.A.X. brain module
- IR sensor module
- 2 smart motor modules
- LED module
- 3 kgs Servo
- 1.9 kgs micro Servo
- USB cable
- Instruction sheet
Meccano M.A.X. Robotic Interactive Toy with Artificial Intelligence
The Future is Here and It’s Ready to Play
Meet M.A.X., a 12-inch tall advanced robot packed with a multitude of fun, educational features. Designed for budding engineers and tinkerers aged 10 years and older, this robot-building kit offers a challenging yet rewarding build consisting of 332 parts. Once he’s assembled, M.A.X. functions as a friendly robot companion and personal assistant. He engages kids in conversation, learns from every interaction, remembers important dates, and more. He even features a built-in gaming platform. Customizable programming allows kids to personalize M.A.X. to meet their own specifications so that every assembled M.A.X. robot is truly one of a kind. And like all Meccano kits, M.A.X. can be reassembled into a huge variety of other robotics toys.
At a Glance:
- Robotics kit offers a challenging, educational build
- Intelligent robot learns from interactions and observes the world around him
- Customizable programming allows kids to personalize the robot
- Engages kids in conversation, tells jokes, and asks trivia questions
- Built-in gaming platform provides additional fun
A Robot with an Inquisitive Personality
Once built, M.A.X. can converse with kids and respond to commands with funny quips, expressive facial graphics, and animations. Equipped with AI learning, the robot actively discovers new things about his human friends and the world around him, becoming more intelligent with every interaction. Advanced AI enables M.A.X. to plot and plan instead of just mimic. He can learn to tell jokes, sing songs, and greet friends. Customizable programming opens up even more options: kids can program M.A.X. to remind them of important events, guard their room, and much more as they learn the fundamentals of programming.
Robotics Kit Provides a Fun, Challenging Build
This Meccano robot-building kit brings children and parents together for a challenging yet stimulating build that yields an enormous sense of accomplishment upon completion. The kit has an intermediate difficulty level and comes with 332 pieces, including specialized parts such as the M.A.X. brain module. Kids will learn as they identify the function of each component. The experience of building and programming M.A.X. can help cultivate a lifelong interest in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
A Wealth of Interactive Features
M.A.X. delivers near-endless opportunities for interactive fun. He will ask kids trivia questions, challenging their knowledge of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). A built-in gaming platform provides another way to engage with this Meccano robot. The more kids play with M.A.X., the more games they can unlock.
A Versatile, High-Tech Construction Set
The M.A.X. robotics kit comes with several high-tech components, including built-in infrared sensors that allow M.A.X. to sense obstacles and navigate surfaces as he rolls around on his sturdy wheels. The pieces included in this kit can also be used to construct a smart rover, a tele-presence robot, or whatever else kids can imagine.
For over a century, Meccano has been a leading producer of imaginative construction sets for children. The company arose from humble origins in 1898, when English inventor Frank Hornby conceived of the first Meccano construction kit for his sons. In 1913, an American company called Erector began manufacturing a similar toy, the Erector Set. Today, the two companies have united under a single, internationally renowned name Meccano and remain committed to empowering the next generation of makers. From basic mechanics to high-tech robotics and programming, Meccano products can inspire the imagination and help foster a lifelong enthusiasm for STEM learning.
From the internationally renowned maker of robotics building sets arises a new model of impressive proportions. Unlike anything else Meccano has created, M.A.X. combines Artificial Intelligence (AI) with customizable programming. The result is a one-of-a-kind robot of your own creation! Budding engineers, innovators and creators can expand their knowledge of programming as they personalize this robot to their specifications. Once built, M.A.X measures 12” in tall. Control it using voice commands, buttons on the MeccaBrain, or the free app! You’ll know exactly what its thinking based on its expressive facial graphics. As a S.T.E.M robotics platform, M.A.X is designed to engage kids in intellectually stimulating play, drawing on their knowledge of science, technology, engineering and math. Not just a learning tool, this robot loves fun! Try playing on M.A.X’s built-in gaming platform; test your knowledge in a trivia game or listen to some funny jokes! With a multitude of features, kids will want to bring their new friend everywhere! This robot comes with built-in infrared sensors, enabling it to move with agility and avoid obstacles in its path. If you know a young mind in need of a challenge, introduce them to their new friend, M.A.X!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The things this robot does are just amazing. It can move around, it can pick things up, you can play games with it, and even have it tell you a joke-which are pretty corny, but they all laughed. There's apparently an app and a download you'll need to get the full use of this robot, but like every other part of this project, she handled that all on her own too! (She's 11yrs old and well versed in building meccanos and downloading what it needed).
This would be, I would guess, a difficult project for a younger child, but with appropriate guidance from an adult, I'm sure even 8-10yr olds could get something meaningful out of this project. A child between 11 and 14 could easily do this by themselves if they have a mind for building these sort of things.
The robot comes with all the parts divided out into little plastic baggies and the instructions include a picture of the part for ease of understanding which part goes where. The whole thing from start to finish was a complete joy for my daughter and I know we will be buying more Meccano products for her building pleasure in the future! Great product!
* Once assembled, the robot is an amazing value for the current cost of the kit (~$125 at the time of this review)
* The assembled robot can:
a) respond to specific verbal commands (a list of commands is provided in the manual)
b) play games involving the color back-lit buttons on the robot (ex. a quiz game that is educational, a “pong”-like game involving the “display” on the robot’s head)
c) dance to music
d) tell jokes
e) share “fun facts”
f) ask questions about objects your child “shows” to the robot (by holding the object in front of the robot’s sensors)
g) grip small objects with one of its two hands (only one hand is motorized - the robots arms need to be manipulated/positioned manually by your child)
h) if you have a iOS or Android tablet, you can turn the robot in to a remote controlled device that your child can navigate around your home
i) if you have an iOS or Android tablet, you can program the robot to follow a set of instructions
j) tell your child’s “fortune” (we have not tried this, but it is listed as a command the robot will follow)
* the software on the robot’s mini computer can be updated via PC/Windows or Mac/OS X software available at the Meccano website (you connect the mini computer via a supplied usb cable) - in theory, this could provide new capabilities to the device
* Good quality build materials
* Assembly tools provided
* Instructions are unclear at times. The build instructions consist almost entirely of pictures, some of which are inaccurate (ex. the color of parts on pictures sometimes do not match the color of the actual parts -two parts in one picture are black in color, yet the actual parts are not)
* there are a variety of screws of varying lengths and it was a challenge at times determining the screw length/type required (would be nice if the screws were color coded). Suggestion: When first opening the kit, take an inventory of the screws and organize them by size in separate piles/label them if needed - there is a parts list at the beginning of the manual to help with this inventory (the manual lists the quantity of each screw size and you will need to pay attention to screw lengths during the build process)
* there are two black wire connectors (one in the robot’s hand and one in one of the robot’s motorized tires) that are NOT connected to any other wires. It is unclear why these connectors were included. These need to be “tucked” inside the hand and tire motor compartments during assembly (this is not clear from the instructions).
The capabilities of this robot are amazing for the cost. While children under age 10 may enjoy the robot, this primarily is a robot for children ages 10 or older (one of the games your child can play with the robot is a trivia game with questions geared toward an older child). If you have the patience to get through a build that can require several hours, it’s a rewarding project that can captivate your child’s imagination.
NOTE: There are videos on YouTube from dedicated builders that can show you how to assemble the robot.
Final suggestion: As you begin the build, plug the rechargible battery in as it requires ~ 6 hours for the initial charge (or charge it fully the night before your build). This will allow you to test the robot immediately upon build completion.