Med Spec ASO Ankle Stabilizer
|Closure Type||Hook and Loop|
About this item
- Stabilizing Straps form complete figure-eight to protect and support ankle
- Ballistic nylon boot provides superior durability and strength
- Elastic cuff closure enhances support and keeps laces and stabilizing straps secure
- Bilateral design so each size will fit left or right foot; Low profile to fit in any type of shoe
- Each ankle brace is sold separately; US manufacturing with higher quality control standards
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Med Spec ASO Ankle Stabilizer
One of the most popular braces for the protection against and treatment of ankle sprains.
Features & Benefits:
- Stabilizing straps: form figure-eight to protect and support ankle
- Elastic cuff closure: enhances support from stabilizing straps and secures laces
- Low profile: will fit in any type of shoe
- Bilateral design: each size fits left or right foot
- Ballistic nylon boot: provides tremendous strength and durability
- US manufacturing: higher quality control standards
Each ankle brace is sold separately.
The ASO Ankle Stabilizer is the ankle brace of choice for numerous professional and collegiate athletes. The ASO is also one of the most recommended ankle supports by athletic trainers, orthopedic surgeons and physical therapists. The ASO is one of the leading ankle braces on the market due to its unique combination of comfort, support and durability. The contoured tongue provides exceptional fit and is constructed of light-weight yet durable CoolFlex material. This material also lines the inside back of the boot, providing increased comfort to the Achilles area. The boot has an invisible seam to provide superior comfort. The shoe lace is attached to the tongue to ensure that the lace is always centered. Finger loops at the end of the stabilizing straps assist in securing straps for optimum support. The ASO is manufactured to high quality standards in the United States of America by Medical Specialties, Inc.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 8.2 x 5.2 x 2.3 inches; 5.6 Ounces
- Item model number : 264017
- Date First Available : October 14, 2010
- Manufacturer : MedicalSpecialties, Inc.
- ASIN : B00TZTO0UI
Best Sellers Rank:
#1,239 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- #2 in Ankle Braces
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Consider yourself warned. If you're ordering this to try it out thinking you can return it like most items, think again. Just go to Dick's or Academy Sports and try them on there.
The ASO Ankle Stabilizer ties like a boot as you slip it on over your foot. Then it comes with two straps that go under your foot and come back up on either side. A large Velcro strap locks it all together across the front of your shin. The fabric is a thin nylon but it is completely non-stretch and locks your ankle in.
You can position your foot (bend your foot up or down) to fine tune where you foot is held. My physical therapist had me put on the brace and while I had my foot on the floor lean forward then tighten the straps. This gave my foot a more natural position for walking.
A couple things to note: While putting the side straps around the bottom of your foot, make sure they are positioned well back over our heel. When I first used this brace the I put the straps over the arch of my foot. This lead to circulation issues and my foot began to hurt. Place the straps closer to your heel and you will be fine.
Secondly, when lacing up the brace I tended to over tighten the laces. This was unnecessary because the support comes from the straps. Don't tighten the laces too much.
Top reviews from other countries
Use for walking and prolonged activity on my feet after cast came off from R ankle fibula break. If you wear too long like any brace range of motion is stiff and slow at first after removing. Great product. I have large and wide female feet and was able to get the medium on. Could use more laces that's all. The velcro has super powers as it holds extremely well.