MedCline Acid Reflux and GERD Relief Bed Wedge and Body Pillow System, Size Small, Medical Grade and Clinically Proven Results, Removable Cover
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||40 x 27 x 10 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- PURCHASE WITH FSA FUNDS. MedCline products are an approved medical expense under health savings plans. Simply use your card to check out on Amazon
- CLINICALLY PROVEN: MedCline Reflux Relief System has been validated in 7 independent clinical trials. This system is proven to be the most effective treatment for heartburn, regurgitation, coughing, choking, nausea, and many other symptoms of acid reflux & gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). System includes Advanced Positioning Bed Wedge, full length memory foam body pillow, and smaller insert pillow; all with removable covers
- PROTECTION FROM HARMFUL ACID: Clinical trials by top gastrointestinal researchers nationwide show the MedCline wedge and pillow system work together to reduce exposure to harmful stomach acid 87% more than a standard sleeping wedge. Purchase from AMENITY HEALTH to ensure that you are getting an authentic, clinically-proven MedCline Reflux Relief System
- IDEAL SLEEP POSITION. Patented tri-component system includes arm pocket to relieve pressure from your downside arm/shoulder and prevents sliding down to ensure a comfortable and restful night's sleep in the ideal position for natural reflux relief. System includes Advanced Positioning Bed Wedge, full length memory foam body pillow, and smaller insert pillow; all with removable covers. Size SMALL system fits individuals 4’8” – 5’4” in height. Full system measures 27” W x 40” L x 10” H
- READY FOR INSTANT RELIEF: Components are compressed for shipping. Once decompressed, fluff the body pillow and insert pillow vigorously to help regain shape. MedCline is safe to sleep on immediately but can take 72+ hours for any residual “new memory foam” odors to dissipate
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Doctor-recommended Position for Relief
MedCline creates the ideal inclined + side sleeping position for 100% natural relief from heartburn, regurgitation, and the other painful symptoms of nighttime acid reflux. Clinically proven to be significantly more effective than bed wedges or elevating the head of your bed, MedCline allows you to sleep comfortably on your side and keeps you from sliding down.
Studies Show Significant Improvement for:
· Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) // Acid Reflux
· Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR) // Silent Reflux
· Gestational Reflux
Proper Sizing is Important
The Reflux Relief System is available in three sizes. For the Reflux Relief System to be effective, it is really important that it fit your torso properly. Please select the appropriate size for your height -- Small (4’8-5’4), Medium (5’5-5’11), Large (6’0+). If you are between sizes, we recommend selecting the smaller size.
HOW MEDCLINE WORKS
STEP 1: SETUP
MedCline is placed on top of your mattress and takes up just ½ the width of a queen-sized bed. By providing individualized relief, your sleep mate isn’t disturbed and you don’t have to modify your bed or bed frame.
STEP 2: GET IN
MedCline creates the ideal inclined, side sleeping position for you. To use, simply place your downside arm into the upper arm pocket, which takes pressure off your arm and shoulder, as well as keeps you from sliding down.
STEP 3: FIND YOUR COMFORT
Some customers find instant comfort with MedCline, while others take a little bit more time to adjust to the new sleep position.
STEP 4: DISCOVER RELIEF
Not only will you be able to sleep reflux-free, you will also rest assured knowing that MedCline is helping protect you from harmful damage to your esophagus and beyond.
|Reflux Relief System||Shoulder Relief System|
|Nighttime Relief From||Acid Reflux / GERD||Shoulder Pain|
|Degree of Incline||15-20 Degree Angle||10 Degree Angle|
|General Side Sleeping||✓||✓|
|Available Sizes||3 Sizes||One size fits all|
MedCline is not recommended for lower back or hip injuries such as: herniated disks, compounded disks, bulging disks, fused vertebrae, scoliosis, or lumbar damage, arthritic hips, bursitis in the hips, or other hip injuries
Gerd, Acid Reflux, Heartburn
Use nightly for at least the first 3-4 hours of sleep.
Compare with similar items
MedCline Shoulder Relief Wedge and Body Pillow System, One Size, Right or Left Side Sleeping Comfort, Medical Grade, Removable Cover
MedCline Bed Wedge Pillow Case, One Size, Designed to Fit Our Shoulder Relief Bed Wedge (30" x 34" x 6")
HOMCA Memory Foam Pillow for Couples - Adjustable Cuddle Pillow Anti Pressure Arm Pillow for Back Side Sleepers
|Sold By||Amenity Health||Amenity Health||Amenity Health||HOMCA|
|Material||Memory foam||Memory foam||Cotton||Memory foam|
|Size||Small||One Size Shoulder Relief System||One Size Shoulder Wedge Case||—|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought vacuum plastic packaging (in order to return it, you have to suck all the air out of the pieces, otherwise they will not fit in the box they came in, as they were vacuum packed when shipped). Like Insaid, ready to return it.
Then I thought about the design. What is wrong. Well, the hole is within two inches of the top of the wedge, so if you put this at the head of your bed, there is no natural head-shoulder alignment when sleeping on your side. So I took out the filler bean shaped pillow, put it above the left area of the wedge. Then took the body pillow and wrapped it across the area above the wedge then down the right side, outside of the wedge. Now the hole area is about 12" down from the top of the bed. I used a pillow which I placed on top of the body pillow on the right side, so that it was above the level of the wedge, for hugging. I used another pillow for between my knees. I had a small pillow...half the size of the bean center hole stuffer pillow, and put that in the right side of the hole. Across the top edge of the hole, and lying over the top of the body pillow, is my regular (king sized) pillow for my head.
Now when I get into bed, my butt is at the bottom third of the wedge, my shoulder has plenty of room to fall into the hole, and allow my arm to go out under the wedge, and my head is on my pillow, which I pull down to cover a few inches of the hole. There is no stress on my armpit, no cutting off my blood circulation. The wedge is very comfortable and is of good firm material.
I would recommend a complete redesign of the product with the opening for the shoulder a good ten to twelve inches down from the top edge, and the wedge should flatten out after the hole (otherwise your head is pushed upwards uncomfortably).
The body noodle requires a pillow cover for me....the fuzzy velour type covering is just too hot. It actually requires two standard size body pillow covers because it is very long.
As for Amenity Health (company behind Medcline) - it appears they gave gained popularity and don't really listen to their base customers anymore, a drastic change from before when the CTO used to personally respond to reviews. Guess that's the way the cookie crumbles in the markets. :-(
4 YEAR EDIT: Disappointed that Amenity Health doesn't care enough to respond after so long. Every company and product has its run, and it appears as if this company's is close to that breaking point.
After giving the current iteration of product a 6 month ago, I can't take it any longer... the design issues for the 3rd and 4th (the one sold on Amazon now) are so glaring and intrusive, you will notice them. They had it right with the 2nd generation, but for the sake of cutting costs (but charging the same amount or more) Medcline has turned away from its original designs and ultimate intent - listening to its customers. From someone who can call himself a "Medcline expert", I recommend just buying the Torso support (EDIT: direct from their site) from Medcline and using two pillows instead (one for head, one for knees). The torso support is still the best of its kind IMO and well worth it. The body pillow is an absolute travesty. Amenity Health should be ashamed to even put their name on it.
I am posting this under my wife's Amazon account. A little background on myself as I don't want you to think I work for this company as this review is so glowing, it's nearly radioactive.
I am an night shift nurse who has very severe GERD for the past decade. I am so fanatical about getting this condition under control, that I've read the Yamada's Textbook of Gastroenterology, 2 Volume Set, 6th edition.
I've followed every direction with limited success. I am also on Prilosec, but have tried Nexium, Dexilant, AcipHex, Protonix, and all of the H1/H2 variants.
I've owned MedCline version 1, version 2, version 3 and now version 4. EDIT: Please 3rd/4th gen update below. The following paragraph only applies to 2nd gen. I can tell you without hesitation or doubt that this is the finest pillow (GERD or not) I have ever used. The product really represents the pinnacle of innovation, the finest materials, and design. The fact that there are multiple revisions of the product just proves that the company listens to customer feedback.
To illustrate my experience, I have owned 13 GERD pillows (ordered via Amazon) and although this one is the most expensive of the group, it is unquestionably the best by a gargantuan margin. The rest of them were trashed or donated to GoodWill. I hesitate to call it pillow. They call it "system" for a reason. It hugs every inch, every nook, every contour of your body to make you feel like you're sleeping on clouds. I could not stand any of the other GERD solutions, much less sleep on them.
There's that popular saying that most of you know... "you get what you pay for" and while the MedCline may seem expensive, it is worth every penny! Please support this company and try out their product. The only vested interest I have to make sure this company grows and continues is research/product revisions for people like us who suffer from horrific GERD.
Some side notes:
1. The pillow also gives you a cognitive benefit in that it makes you WANT to go to bed and fall asleep on this pillow.
2. From a non-GERD perspective, It's so comfortable that my wife is actually using my 'older' version (even though she doesn't suffer from GERD)!
Bottom line - if you want the best, then go ahead and order it.
3 YEAR UPDATE: So I have finally come to a determination that the 2nd generation is the best version of the group and have permanently reverted to it. I still think this is the best GERD pillow, but there are some glaring design problems that prevent me from giving 5 stars.
1. Both the 3rd and 4th generations (newest) are much, much shorter than the 2nd generation. I am 5'8 and the different makes or breaks my sleeping position. I have to bend my knees all the way to get them to barely lay on top of the pillow vs the older one I was able to contour my body however I liked.
2. Both the 3rd & 4th gen (newest) are significantly harder and hotter than the 2nd generation. Obviously, memory foam is going to be than the material they put in the 2nd generation, but it really has a negative impact on the sleep.
3. (4th gen only) I am not sure why, but the 4th gen zipper is ridiculously short. I cannot foresee how I am going to remove the memory foam to wash the cover. I have tried but not been successful in removing it without damaging the material.
4. (4th gen only) The 4th gen's pillow cover wrinkles up at the head. A couple of months after nightly usage, it is nearly impossible to straighten it and my face is buried in wrinkled sheets every time I use it.
Even though these are some pretty big deficiencies, I still recommend this product as it's the best of its kind. I wish they would bring back the 2nd generation and revise it so it lasts longer than a year. Also please make the leg support longer, for the love of my calves and feet! :)
Unless you live in a polar climate and/or love very hot/very firm pillows, I don't recommend the getting the 3rd or 4th generation model. I wish they would bring back the 2nd generation model.
There are a few things to be aware of. First, it is wide, taking up at least half the width of our queen bed. Second, once you're in it, you'll find it a bit awkward to rearrange yourself. That said, it's really comfortable and readjustment is not needed as much as it may have been before. Finally, I'm still trying to figure out how to make the bed with this thing. :). But all things considered, it still rates 5 stars!