Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Size: Large|Color: White|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,246 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,354 reviews
on May 28, 2013
Since I'm an XS/S in everything I went ahead and ordered the Small size in this bra. It's definitely too small.
I'm currently a 36B while nursing and while it holds everything in it's riding up my back like crazy, it feels like the shoulder lengths were designed for tweens.
Other than that little hiccup this bra is amazing. It's definitely the most comfortable thing I own, even in the too small size. It literally feels like you don't have it on, yet everything feels nice and in place.
I've already ordered more in my correct Medium size.
If I remember, I will update thist to add the package sizing info when the next one arrives so that others can hopefully avoid this issue. Until then, I recommend buying this but sizing up.
**sizing from package**
Small - 32/34 A-C
Medium - 32D, 34 D/DD, 36 B/C, 38B
Large - 36 D/DD, 38 C/D, 40 B/C
XLarge - 38 DD, 40 D/DD, 42 B/C
44 comments| 464 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2014
Bought this for my pregnant wife. She loves it--it gives just that little bit of support that is needed with the breast swelling and soreness from pregnancy. The material is very soft and comfortable for her. She was also one of the women that immediately removes her bra when getting home from work, and now she switches to this instead. The material is definitely thin, which makes it comfortable but meant for at-home use. (It's called a sleep bra, not sure why people are complaining that they wouldn't wear this outside the house!)

She's a 36D, and we bought a size large based on the sizing chart from other reviewers. It fits perfectly. I'll repost the chart here for convenience:
Small - 32/34 A-C
Medium - 32D, 34 D/DD, 36 B/C, 38B
Large - 36 D/DD, 38 C/D, 40 B/C
XLarge - 38 DD, 40 D/DD, 42 B/C

I'll also post the size chart from the package, but note that it is in centimeters (and the rest is all in Swedish or something it seems).
review image
on March 23, 2011
I just wanted to offer the opinion of someone with a large chest- I am normally a 36DD and am probably a cup size at least larger than that right now while nursing- but otherwise fairly slender- I wear a size 4 or 6 in clothes- so I was worried about ordering a large because I thought the band around the bottom might be too loose. However- the large size fit well. This is the first nursing sleep bra that I am not spilling out of completely. I also purchased one made by motherhood maternity and would not recommend that one for women with larger busts because the front hardly has any elastic at all, and so my breasts fall out any time I bend a little bit. However, just one thing about this Medela bra I don't like- the material is a little thin...I have been wearing it very frequently (3x per week about) and think it might be worn out within a couple of months. Overall, I would definitely recommend it or buy one again if/when this one wears out.
11 comment| 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2013
Being a first time mother I had no idea that breast leakage was such a problem. After my milk was at full production I had to wear a bra 24/7 to prevent leakages. The 'house' bra that I bought from motherhood is sitting in my dresser...mostly unused. It was supposed to be their most popular model for comfort around the house. Whatever, was very restrictive and uncomfortable for me.

I'm the type of person who used to get home and take off their bra immediately. Now I get home and change into my medela sleep bra. I love it so much I've purchased 2 and will probably have to purchase more to put into my rotation. They both get washed frequently and are holding up well after 5 months. I wear the bras with the lansinoh breast pads. My baby nurses every 3 hours. I tried many different bra and breast pad combinations and this was the one that was most comfortable.

Size: buy 1 size up from what you usually wear, bras are a touch small. I usually wear small/medium tops (bra size 34 C-D). I purchased a medium bra the first time, it was comfortable but rides up the back. The large fitted much better.

Bonus:
* most comfortable nursing bra I have! The others are too thick and when my baby was smaller she had trouble latching with all that padding around.
* makes a great pump bra!!! I have a pump bra. Unlatch bra, put pumps in, zip bra then attach to machine. With this bra I put the whole pump together attached to the machine and then slide the suction cups into the bra lining. It holds them up very well! I was being lazy one day when I discovered this and have never used the pump bra since.
on April 2, 2013
I can only blame myself for not looking through the negative reviews on this bra. Everything that people said is true.
The bra is cheap looking from thin cotton fabric. Really not intended for sizes bigger than C cup. Also might be uncomfortably tight for sizes over 36. I ordered XL (I'm 38D -38DD) and this is definitely way too small. It's also uncomfortable tight around my chest so no way I can wear it at night.
For the poor quality it's clearly overpriced as well. I feel fooled by trusting Medela brand to have some understanding of a breastfeeding woman's anatomy.
The return policy is not mentioned anywhere and I made another mistake trusting that it would be something similar to amazon's - i.e, free return on clothing that is in unused condition. Well, silly of me. There is a 20% re-stocking fee, plus you have to pay shipping costs. Together this will come for me to about 7-8$ at least, half of the bra's price. Not to mention that I'll have to find time to go to the post office to send it (not something you are looking forward to when you just had a baby). Otherwise why would you shop online if you can go to the store to find bra that fits?
While I understand the reasons behind the return policy on things bought from a third party through Amazon, I wish I was better informed about it before I spent money on this bra.
on March 10, 2017
I've exclusively breastfed 5 babies, most of them for over 2 years. So I have some experience! This has been my go to sleep bra forever. I actually would wear it all the time if it had more support. But it doesn't hold the girls up to where they should be.
I found that other bras crossed too high up or dramatically to allow easy access. Also they allow your breast to go together rather then being in individual cups. That bothers me. Or other bras have cheap elastic sewn inside the fabric which is uncomfortable.
These bras do run small and they do ride up on your back but I do not find them uncomfortable at all. Compared with the many alternatives I've tried over the years there really is no comparison. The material is nice the quality is good. They last forever before stretching out or the elastic shredding. I wash and dry mine after every wear. They will go all 2 years+ of nursing without falling apart. So it's a good deal.
on February 23, 2016
This bra isn't my favorite, but it does the trick. I ordered this bra, and two Kindred Bravely bras at the same time. I wanted something full coverage for night time nursing that would contain breast pads and wouldn't have my boobs falling out while I sleep on my side. This bra will work just fine for that. I am a 34/36 DD currently at 38 weeks pregnant, and know I'll go up 1-2 cup sizes when my milk comes in. I ordered a size large so that it would fit postpartum. Of the three I ordered, this one is my least favorite. (The Kindred Bravely French Terry Sleep Bra is amazing!!) It is slightly large, which I expected, but it fits much weirder than the other bras. The material is thin, and the bra isn't supportive... Although I didn't expect much support from a sleep bra anyway. It is comfortable enough though, and my boobs don't fall out of it. I'm hoping the more awkward fit changes when my milk comes in. The one thing it has over the other two bras I ordered is that it dried flat much faster, because of the super thin fabric.

I would recommend skipping this bra and getting yourself a kindred bravely bra instead. This one isn't bad, by any means, but it doesn't hold a candle to the KB French Terry Bra.
on October 2, 2013
I bought several nursing bras after my baby girl was born, and had a very hard time with breastfeeding in the beginning. In addition to the pain (bruised, cracked, torn and bleeding nipples), I had mastitis, and it was difficult keeping my breasts cool when I had to wear a supportive bra, nursing pads and regular clothes over that. This bra is made of super thin material so it's like wearing next to nothing and provides just the right amount of support, awake or asleep. I purchased a Lamaze sleep bra, but it is very thick knit material and the seams of the 'V' shape around the neckline spread apart, cutting across my nipples (ouch!). It's also one of those confusing jobbies to fold out of the laundry. The Medela bra, on the other hand, keeps its shape, is easy to put on and take off and keeps my girls in place, too. I was wearing the same one every day (washing daily of course) and finally bought two more. Another great thing about this bra is it doesn't cost much!
on August 25, 2013
I discovered this bra when I was pregnant and started wearing it at night for just a little extra support. It was easy and comfortable for breastfeeding. I love that it's the cross-over style so it doesn't create "mono-boob" which is both unflattering and uncomfortable. I still wear them and my "baby" is now 6. (No, he is not still breastfeeding. I just love these for around the house and a sleep bra!) I am large-chested and although this bra is very light, it still offers nice support. I am talking just for around the house. Smaller-chested ladies may be able to get away with it in public.I bought XL and it fits fine. It seems like the white ones are thinner and more stretchy than the beige ones and also run a bit bigger. I like the way the white ones feel better. Or, it could just be the ones I happened to get were like that.
on October 22, 2015
I have now tried similar sleep bras from Medela, Target brand, and one other brand. Of the three, I found the Medela brand to be the most comfortable for sleeping and nighttime nursing, as the elastic is stretchy enough not to put pressure on my shoulders when I pull the cup down to nurse. They seem to be the most elastic of all of the ones I have tried - in the bands, shoulders, and the cup fabric, which I personally prefer. These bras are definitely not meant to be supportive, as the fabric is super thin (think of them as a very stretchy / loose sports bra), but they do the job of holding in nursing pads so I don't leak milk all over while sleeping, while at the same time being quick to pull down for nursing. That said, while these are not supportive by themselves, I did wear these as a second "bra" layer under my nursing tank tops that had built-in bras while I was waiting for my breasts to settle into their new size during the first month postpartum. (I had read that this is recommended before investing in nicer daytime nursing bras, since you can keep changing size for a while). I was a 32DD / 34D before my child was born and now seem to be more in the 34DD - 34DDD range, so after reading other reviews while pregnant, I bought a large. The fit feels right for relaxed nighttime wear, so I am happy with my size choice. I would give these a much higher rating except for the fact that after the first wear, the elastic band already started having strings sticking out that were unraveling it, and I did not put it in the dryer or anything. It seems like you may need to buy new ones every few months!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.