Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 59 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 61 reviews
on August 25, 2017
Great modern textbook. I really enjoyed this book, it has TONs of information packed inside. My biggest and really only complaint is the long examples it is common throughout ever page to see wordy examples such as "TV can show many colors such as blue, green, yellow, white, red, orange, and teal" sometimes it feels like Bubby from Forest Gump wrote this book.
on April 12, 2016
Had to buy this book for my media class and its pretty insightful. My media class fully revolved arund this book. Therefore, it was an absolute must read. However, I keep it on my book shelf and have gone back to it even after having aced my class because its really informative.
on February 3, 2016
This text book is one of the best I've come across in my field (mass communication) over the years. It is very well organized, has clear sections, and is visually pleasing with lots of pictures and charts. The textbook is modern and up to date, using easy to understand language and modern terminology to reach its audience. Overall a great book, and if you need it for class you're in luck!
on March 18, 2017
Great price since it's a used rental but the condition of the textbook is pretty darn awful I must say
on February 9, 2015
Let me be frank, I bought this for a class, but have found it to be a rehash of communications history, without any unique insight. I'll probably keep it to fill space on my "Look what I know" shelf (be honest with yourselves, everyone has one of these in their office) but I doubt if it becomes a reference guide of any sort.

It fulfills the requirement as textbook, but don't feel it'll improve your career prospects.
on September 24, 2015
This was a great book but we went thru it so quickly I felt as though I didn't get as much out of the book as I could have. The teacher also felt the class length for night school was too short. She usually does this class in 14 weeks. But otherwise, it was a well written and organized book.
on November 23, 2016
A good textbook, up to date and informative, it was a great resource for my intro to journalism class.
on November 12, 2015
Need it for college class. Renting is so much cheaper than buying
on May 19, 2016
Very good read
on February 17, 2016
Book has extremely bad water damage, but it is still readable. I only need it for the terms in the back. The price is way better than the bookstore.