Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 19, 2016
High quality cable. The easy-screw ends are particularly a nice feature. Took me a moment to realize that you need to remove the plastic caps from the pins - a nice idea to protect the pins and your fingers when you first handle the cable. I bought it to improve my over-the-air antenna reception, on a recommendation of some reviewers, however it did not make any difference in reception. I guess the antenna already gets the max channels it can get and no cable will improve upon this, not the cable's fault. Regardless, I am using the Mediabridge cable instead of the original one, as it's more sturdy and also easy to screw/unscrew when I want to move the antenna from room to room. The shipping was fast and I received an email from the company with details for support, and I appreciated the good customer service.
Purchased based upon previous positive experiences with other Mediabridge products, and the other stellar Amazon reviews for this product, I wasn't disappointed at all in the quality or performance of this cable.

The 25' cable I ordered arrived neatly coiled in a sturdy box, with Mediabridge info and points of contact should their be an issue with their product. They also followed up the sale with an inquiry email, also offering assistance. I like that kind of customer support!

The product itself is as expected. Thick, triple shielded coaxial digital audio/video cable that I promptly used to replace a cable that shipped with my Mohu Leaf 50 Indoor HDTV Antenna (formerly Leaf Ultimate).

Recent signal fluctuation and thus channel loss of over-air channels, prompted me to purchase this item. (*The cable that shipped with the Mohu Leaf Ultimate is very thin.) As expected, this cable vastly improved the signal's strength and stability, allowing me to enjoy free HD over-air broadcasts without choppy transmissions or dropped channels. I would not hesitate to buy more or recommend them to others.

On a side note, I also like that Mediabridge has a EZ Grip end cover built into their cables, which is easily removed if desired. This makes it easy to grasp and twist the end of the connector and seat it properly when connecting to the cable attachment. It also neatens up the look by covering the connection.

UPDATE: 4/23/14

I use this coaxial cable with my over-the-air antenna and recommend it in my book: Simple Guide to Over-the-Air Free TV. It really is the best cable I've used and works very well for eliminating signal loss.
22 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The Mediabridge 8ft triple shielded coax with F-connectors is an excellent product for cable TV and broadband patching. I used this cable to carry my video signal from the splitter behind my TV into the cabinet where my Tivo is going to live.

First, I have to say that Mediabridge takes packaging their cabling to a higher level. The cable came packaged in an individual box wrapped in plastic film that comes off easily. There was a sheet describing how to remove/replace the "Easy Grip" connector covers. This does not change the cable quality but helps make sure it's delivered intact. Well done.

The Easy Grip connector caps seemed like a silly thing but they really make it easier to get the cable connected and turn the locking nut to finger tight. I was pleased and surprised by this little convenience. If you don't like them, they can be pulled off.

The F-Connectors are well made and installed compression connectors. I expect them to last the life of the cable. The screw onto my equipment smoothy provide a confident connection.

The cable is triple shielded - foil, braid and foil shields to enhance noise immunity and minimize losses. This also means this isn't the most supple cable one might find, but I found it was just fine for my purposes.which didn't require radical bends which should be avoided with RF applications. If you do need a very flexible or soft cable this may NOT be a great choice.

The my setup this is a perfect patch cable. 8ft might be a bit longer than absolutely needed but maybe it's good to have a little slack to play with...

Because this F-Connector Coax cable turned out to be just about perfect for my application, and the "Easy Grip" covers were surprisingly useful I'm giving the Mediabridge 8ft triple shielded coax cable 5 stars.

Hope this helps someone.
on August 12, 2013
This is a triple shield RG6 cable. It's shielding and frequency range make it suitable for modern digital and high definition cable and satellite installations. I bought this 100' cable to bury (in conduit) and run to a detached garage workshop. For that purpose, it's worked great over the last year. All stations tune and a crisp and clear. There's no noise and the colors (on the analog portion) are great. (Everything digital has to be tuned through a box when using cable or satellite.) The connectors at either end are first rate and I have no complaints. All in all... Great cable!
on August 20, 2011
I ordered one of these 100' cables from Mediabridge for the great price and free shipping with "Amazon Prime". UPS delivered it to wrong address but before resolving this issue I had to order another one as I needed it right away. A 100' cable at the "big box" stores cost twice as much anyway. I got the second cable without a problem, then after running the entire length from basement to attic in our 1975 four bedroom condo and hooking to an HD cable receiver I called the cable company to activate the new box. I was a little worried about signal strength as I have two splitters in the line. First a 2-Way splitter, with one "out" going to a cable modem and the other into another 4-Way splitter. Among the 4 "outs" there was this 100' cable to the new HD cable box? Well, During the activation process with the Cable company we did have an issue at first but it turned out to be a bad HDMI cable. The tech with the cable company said it wasn't my cable connection because he could see that I had a "very strong" (his words) signal through the cable. Swapped out the HDMI cord and the HD signal was beautiful. In summary I learned if you stick with quality "spitters" and high-end cables like this one from Mediabridge with Compression connectors the length of the cable runs will be less of a factor. Oh yeah, and the other cable from my first order showed up. I was going to send it back but decided to put it to use as well. Now I have two 100'runs from the 4-way splitter and they both have great signal strength.
22 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 5, 2014
This is a completely fine coaxial cable. I used this cable to connect my television to an antenna and have found it to be very reliable. This cable has been used indoors in a climate controlled environment. I cannot speak to it's quality for outdoor use or for a cable internet connection. The easy grip plastic covers do make screwing the coax into place while reaching behind a TV a bit less of a hassle, but not terribly necessary. If you need to constantly reattach your coax to different devices it may a worth while. That said, I would strongly recommend this for use in a household for television purposes.
on July 28, 2017
I used this product to connect an outdoor antenna to the connection that ran into each room of the house. The cable connectors had blue plastic 'covers' over the metal which made it quite easy to tighten them up by hand. The cable seemed to be more stiff than some I had seen at a local store and it was slightly larger in diameter than cable already installed in the house. Before installing it I let it sit in the sun and 'warm up' which made it more pliable and easier to route.

At this point everything is working quite well, and I plan on ordering more cable to replace/re-run some of the current cable locations.
on February 23, 2013
Review for "Mediabridge Coaxial Digital Audio Video Cable - (4 Feet) - Triple Shielded, F-Pin to F-Pin with Easy Grip Connector Caps"

BUILD QUALITY:
---------------

For all three cables I bought, the build quality appears excellent:

(1) The pins were straight-on and centered.

(2) The connectors with and without the "Easy Grip Connector Caps" screwed onto the equipment solidly and easily.

(3) It is tri-shielded even though it is just short patch cable, very nice.

(4) I saw no negative A/V issues introduced upon installation.

(5) The cable is flexible but not suspiciously super flexible, feels about right for a quality tri-shielded cable.

THOSE "EASY GRIP" CONNECTOR CAPS:
-------------------------------------

The first thing I did was take the caps off and connect the cable without them. So indeed the CAPS COME OFF.

I then tried for the fun of it to connect a cable end using one of the easy grip caps. It's connection felt SOLID and EASY to connect, there was none of that feel where you wonder if you screwed it on tight enough. So thumbs up for the end caps.

WHAT AM I GETTING?:
---------------------

The layers of this cable are:
- Copper Clad Steel (CCS)
- Then a dialectic (non-conductive layer)
- Then Aluminum Foil shielding
- Then 60% braid aluminum shielding
- Then another layer Aluminum Foil shielding
- and finally a PVC outer jacket

They do not UL rate this cable (i.e. CM/CMR/CMP) so don't run this in between floors or in a plenum, get cable designed to meet code and fire safety goals for that kind of install.

These are not sweep tested, so do your install ASAP so you have plenty of time to return them for free if you get a bad cable. These don't have RoHS certification (sales says there is no harmful chemicals used). They do not give out a minimum bend radius figure, just play it safe and bend it as little as you can during installation. This may require a little more length for some installations.

SUGGESTIONS AND NOTES
REGARDING COAX IN GENERAL:
-----------------------------

(1) AVOID BENDING COAX CABLE sharply. Coax cable has a "Minimum Bend Radius" specification. Go past this and you will lose qualitative aspects of the cable.

(2) SHIELDING. I read that tri-shielding roughly doubles protection from interference than what dual shielding offers, and quad-shielding adds roughly another 90% protection on top of that. However, this is brand and design dependent. For example, the tri-shield cable by one top brand has better interference protection than its equivalent quad-shield due to another aspect of the design.

Some debate if more than dual shielding is needed for most homes not near an airport, military base, etc., but many also feel in modern times the relatively small additional cost for better shielding is a no-brainer.

SUGGESTIONS FOR CHOOSING
CABLE FOR BIG RUNS:
----------------------------

Many cable companies like mine won't install any cable but their own at your house. Sometimes this means using a contractor or attempting to do it yourself if you want extra shielding, lower toxicity in a fire, less smoke in a fire, slower burn rate, its inability to reignite in a fire, etc.

If this is part of a full Cable TV install for you, the QUALITY VALUE SWEET SPOT for cable TV is probably RG6 Belden 7915A Tri-shield and its equivalent build in other quality brands. So for inexpensive, quality, simple install if CM type cable is code legal for your application, here are two cables to consider (or their equivalent in other quality brands):

7915A (Belden)
RG6 18AWG BC Duobond® Plus Tri-shield (125dB shield effective)
Solid .040" bare copper conductor, gas-injected foam polyethylene insulation,
Duobond® + alum braid shield (77% coverage), PVC jacket. 2.75" min. bend radius.

7916A (Belden) / 920414 (Coleman)
RG6 18AWG BC Aluminum Quad-shield (110dB shield effective)
Solid .040" bare copper conductor, gas-injected foam polyethylene insulation,
Duobond® + alum braid shields (60%&40% coverage), PVC jacket. 3" min. bend radius.

HOWEVER, for LOWER TOXICITY, MORE FIRE/SMOKE SAFETY (but more $), and possibly even construction code requirements if the cable runs BETWEEN FLOORS or in a plenum, you should also look at using PLENUM cables like these below (or their equivalent in other quality brands). Note that plenum cable is often less flexible. I'm skipping CMR cable options like 1694A and 1695A as this is just a starters overview and I skipped right to plenum coax cable.

7916AP (Belden)
RG6 18AWG BC AL Quad shield CATV/DBS - (110dB shield effective)
Solid bare copper conductor, foam FEP insulation, Duobond® IV Quad shield
(60% and 40% braid coverage), Flamarrest® jacket. 2.5" min. bend radius.
A common choice for SATELLITE plenum coax cable due to bare copper conductor. Does cable TV well, too. So good choice if possibly going to satellite some day. Some feel bare copper-covered steel conductor is a little more durable than bare copper, so its a little durability vs. better for satellite. Suitable for plenum applications.

1189AP (Belden)
RG6 18AWG CCS AL Quad shield
Solid .040" bare copper-covered steel conductor, foam FEP insulation,
Duobond IV quad shield (60%&40% coverage), Flamarrest jacket. 2.5" min. bend radius. Suitable for plenum applications.

1152A (Belden)
RG6 18AWG CCS TC Quad shield
Solid .040" bare copper-covered steel conductor, foam FEP insulation, Duofoil (100% coverage) + Tinned Copper (TC) braid shield (60% and 40% coverage), FEP jacket. 2.75" min. bend radius. Suitable for indoor plenum as well as OUTDOOR and UNDERGROUND applications.

9116P (Belden)
RG6 18AWG CCS foil + 60% ALB (Dual shield)
Solid .040" bare copper-covered steel conductor, plenum, foam FEP insulation,
Duobond II + alum braid shield (60% coverage), Flamarrest jacket. 2.25" min. bend radius. Suitable for plenum applications. Personally I'd go with at least Tri-Shield, this is only Dual-Shield.

Note#1: PLENUM cable means the cable is rated to be allowed in a plenum by construction code due to its slower burn, self-extinguishing, inability to reignite, and lower fume toxicity, however, it doesn't need to be in a plenum, of course.

Note#2: Bare copper conduit HELPS WITH VOLTAGE DROP when starting up a SATELLITE DISH, I've read (not verified).

Note#3: Premium cable brands sometimes have better braid coverage accuracy, smaller minimum bend radius, crack less over very long periods, etc. Here are some quality names in coax cable for the longer, custom lengths than patch cords (like this cable) I've read (not verified):

Manufacturers:
- Belden
- Coleman Cable (Signal Brand)
- Commscope
- Tributaries
- Signature Wire
- Windy City Wire
- Ethereal
22 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 9, 2017
Just one word, "Professional".
I bought two different cables from Mediabridge and was very impressed with:
1. very nice packaging.
2. Nicely bundled and wrapped.
3. "Dust caps" that keeps the center conductor secure and clean. I've never had these from other sellers.
4. Cable clips to secure the cables down (not a whole lot, but way better than none). I've never had these from other sellers.
5. Notification from the seller that: It's coming, contact information for any issues, and the usual "satisfaction inquiry". I've never had these from other sellers.
I wished that they sold all the different lengths that I needed.
on November 9, 2017
Just one word, "Professional".
I bought two different cables from Mediabridge and was very impressed with:
1. very nice packaging.
2. Nicely bundled and wrapped.
I wished that they sold all the different lengths that I needed.