Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,280 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,311 reviews
on June 14, 2010
As someone who does quite a bit of home theater installations, I have to say that I was very impressed by these cables the first time I purchased them. They are now my "go-to" component video/audio cable for both personal use and my freelance A/V work. In my opinion, they represent an exceptional value for this price point.

Within the nondescript cardboard box they come in, lurks a very well-made cable. They have:

1) an enclosed, 5-in-1 design for the length of the cable, meaning the 5 individual cables are sealed together up to about 3" before termination. This makes it very easy to run through walls, cable ports, or organizers compared to a bundle of separate cables. It also helps cut back on overall cable clutter, and helps save space behind your components. Cable identification also benefits from this design.

2) a braided cloth jacket. Not only is it elegant, but the smooth cloth will help prevent snagging on other cables and components.

3) solidly made, gold-plated connectors. The collar around the center pin is segmented; this is an expected feature on any good quality cable, and it means you can easily crimp the collar if you need a tighter grip on the component's I/O jack.

4) good shielding. Although I have not cut open the cable to investigate its shielding, they evidently are above average as determined by my informal "interference inductance" test. This is a test I do whereby I pass a strong magnet near the cables while they are conducting a signal, and look for signs of interference or signal degradation. While this is not a "lab-quality" scientific test, it does help simulate EMI that might be encountered by the cable from electronic components or power cords and transformers, and if a cable can stand up to this test it will generally perform well against lower-power EMF, and probably exhibit no 'crosstalk'. These Mediabridge cables passed, and this is one of the reasons I am now using these cables so extensively in HT installations, where there a lot of other cables and various electronic gear.

In general, I can see no flaws in the design. Because you have 5 cables bundled into 1 they are somewhat stiff, but not significantly inflexible. Keep in mind that usually the point of weakness and failure of most any cable is at the junction between cable and connector. I don't know if these cables have any stress-relief inside the terminator body (none is visible), but unless you do much repeated hooking and unhooking of your components I would not expect any problems with these cables. Just make sure that when you unhook these (or any cable) from a component, you grasp the end connector's metal body and pull-- never yank on the end of the cable itself (sometimes a slight clockwise twisting motion of the connector while pulling will assist with very tight connections). However, if I notice any unusual or premature failure of these cables I will post back and amend my review.

It is amazing to consider that the major-chain electronics stores regularly sell "premium" (and not so premium) A/V cables for $50 or more. While there is nothing necessarily wrong with those cables, they are almost always dramatically overpriced. It is simply unnecessary to spend that much if you know what to look for. Although it may be possible to get a slightly better cable for more money, I have not come across a better value on a component video + stereo audio set with this kind of build quality. In conclusion, I would confidently recommend these cables to any discerning buyer, and will buy them again myself when the need arises.
88 comments| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2016
Defective, colors not displaying right at all. They look all yellowish and grayed down. Tried another set of cables and picture looked great. No way to return item, would not buy again and recommend staying away from Mediabridge.
on December 12, 2014
Started out fine but a few months later the audio cables were causing a loud humming noise (feedback)..had to stop using. I didn't contact the seller because the item was inexpensive and not worth the trouble. I have nothing against the seller..just the product
on May 2, 2013
Two years ago I switched to HDMI for my comcast cable/dvd/computer connection to our TV. The DVD player and the computer have worked flawlessly (with mediabridge cables) but the the comcast box (despite 2 swaps) constantly cuts out on the audio. A lot of searching on the web has informed me that this is likely due to the brand and age of my TV (Panasonic Plasma) and that there is NO good HDMI solution. I have resisted the obvious answer of going back to component tooth and nail. I have used component video cables for well over 15 years for computer monitors and other hi-definition displays including my current TV. The cables were always clunky, inflexible, expensive, and ugly. That has all changed. I cannot say enough good things about this cable set. It is flexible, sleek, wrapped in braid that looks clean and professional, gold plated, and the answer I need. Mediabridge makes a very high quality product and I'm sure that these cable will perform for years similar to the other products I have purchased through them. I recommend this to anyone having trouble with HDMI who can use a component video solution.
on January 22, 2017
I was seeking video/audio cables to connect an older DVD player (no HDMI output) to a new TV. I don't have much experience with cable brands. I decided to purchase this particular Mediabridge product because the three component video and two audio cables are bundled together (versus separate component video and audio cables). Very convenient. The individual cables appear to be durable, and are wrapped with a protective sleeve. Hookup was easy. The connectors are color-coded to ensure each cable is plugged into the correct port on the DVD player and TV. Product quality is excellent. I highly recommend this product for anyone who is seeking the same type of video/audio cables.
on December 23, 2016
These cables are made very well. Very clear picture and audio. I still prefer HDMI, but the next best thing if you can't use HDMI for whatever reason.
on July 21, 2016
I have a Hauppauge PVR box which I had been using for a long time without any issues, however just a few weeks ago the red starting fading away, I tried switching out the Component cables that came with the original box but every other set of cables I found at home was not only bulky and hard but didnt work, I read alot of good reviews on these cables and took a chance, im glad I did, these are the best and most flexible cables I have ever used! Not only were they so easy to plug into the back of my Cable box and PVR box but they work with great colors and no issues at all whatsoever! I recommend these to anyone who is not only looking for reliable cables but easy to use and run through or around things.
on April 1, 2015
Awful connection. Color all messed up and floating bars up and down the picture. Other component cables work fine, so these are definitely the problem.
on May 22, 2016
This review is for the Mediabridge Component Video cables, including audio.

These are some very nice, well constructed cables. I have them installed on an Xfinity cable box running HD and audio signals to a Vizio smart t.v.

According to Xfinity an HDMI cable would give better results, but after having both setups installed I couldn't tell the difference, so I used the HDMI to connect my Roku and the Mediabridge cables to connect the Vizio.

I'm quite pleased with the results I'm getting from the Mediabridge cables and think that they are a good value for the money.

HTH

Regards,

Jim
on January 8, 2017
great cables, they will handle 720p video and look crisp, which is what i needed them to do.
there is the added convience of the cables condensing down to one cable in between the jacks
highly reccomended