Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mediabridge Armband for iPhone SE / iPhone 5S / iPhone 5 (Black) - Model AB1 (Part# AB1-I5-BLK )
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Sting Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 1,124 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on September 16, 2014
I've been using this for a little over two months and it does it's job perfectly. I use this while rowing and weight lifting and the band stays in place and secure. I also use it while biking in the Florida heat (think 107 degrees and muggy) and no amount of arm sweat has moved it. I thought that I would prefer to have a plastic screen over the front (my last arm band did), but I actually like Mediabridge's lack of a screen cover. My old one got gunky whereas the Mediabridge arm band stays clean and seems less germy. It's also extremely easy to pop the phone into the armband case. One of the top selling points for me is the size of this armband. Some other bands look like you have strapped an iPad mini to your arm, they just have far too much surface area. The Mediabridge armband is thoughtfully designed and conforms to your phone without a bunch of excess materials hanging over. I am very happy with this purchase. Thanks, Mediabridge!
on March 17, 2014
I'm a petite so this is perfect for my small arms (Finally!!!). Love it! I can also fit 2 keys in there too (+ my iPhone 5 of course). Woohoo.
on May 28, 2014
This product works great, I run everyday and it stays nice and secure on my arm.. I was nervous at first because you have to take it out of your phones protective case in order for it to fit into the armband but there is nothing to worry about.
on April 9, 2014
I really have no complaints here and as far as I'm concerned, that's worthy of five stars. It was cheap, the band itself is entirely unobtrusive, and there's nothing faulty about it. Keeps my iPhone safe and on my arm while I go running. Get one.
on July 31, 2014
I thought it was going to slip out of the sleeve because it doesn't seem too safe since it's just silicone and a strap. However I was pleasantly surprised when after vigorous activity the phone remained in place. This is much better than holding the phone while running or even having it bounce around in a pocket. It's a good buy and for the price it is worth it.
on July 27, 2015
This is a great armband/case for running. The silicone case molded perfectly to the phone. I do have to take my out of it's everyday case to get it in but I like it that way, less bulk when running. You could just use the case without the armband and it's a pretty good case, but then you have to thread the band through a couple of slits in the back when you want to run, so either way it still takes some effort.

I like that the case, while running, doesn't bounce around and the armband doesn't have to be extremely tight to stay in one place. It is very easy to adjust and even for long runs it remains comfortable. I haven't had any issues with sweating and the armband. The case isn't going to help in rain because it isn't enclosed. The screen protector is a nice bonus and easy enough to put on but nothing to write home about and not why I bought this. I will buying another one just like this when I upgrade my phone.
on April 3, 2014
I recently upgraded from iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5S and wanted an armband to replace a Marware SportShell Convertible that worked without issue for over 2 years. Marware does not make an armband that fits the iPhone 5S so I purchased the the Mediabridge Armband for iPhone 5 / iPhone 5S based on past reviews, its light weight and flexible velcro stap which was comfortable. It was a costly mistake.

I used the Mediabridge armband for a total of 4 runs, all on dry weather days. The temperature was generally cool for the first 3 runs, between 40ºF/4ºC and 56ºF/13ºC. The temperature on the 4th run was 66ºF/19ºC and as a member of the human race I perspired more during the 4 mile/6 km run than on the previous 3 runs of similar distances.

When the iPhone was removed from the armband after the 4th run the lower half-inch of the front and the the bottom third of the rear of the phone was wet with perspiration. The phone was immediately dried off with a towel and placed on a table while I cooled down and cleaned up. I picked up the phone 20 minutes later and a liquid-like discoloration appeared in the lower right of the iPhone screen as well as a dark, opaque blotch. This damage rendered my phone unusable and had to be replaced at considerable cost.

This armband and case are NOT WATERPROOF and NOT SWEATPROOF. It only took one moderate distance run in mild, dry weather for enough sweat to pool up inside the case and destroy an iPhone. I do not recommend this product for anyone who uses it while exercising and subsequently sweating which is pretty much everybody. I do suggest spending more on an armband and case design that fully isolates the phone from the armband and body perspiration. Any additional bulk is a small tradeoff as such a design worked well for me previously for many, many runs.
on September 21, 2014
bought for working out at the gym. Have had several other brand arm bands but for my new 5C I tried this one. Love the soft neoprene case design. I just pop off my iphone case and slip into the flexible armband case. Don't worry--it will not pop out of the case. It is flexible but securely holds your phone. Armband is easily adjustable and will fit any size arm. One note: there is no clear plastic cover overthe iphone face. I have a screen protector and thats all that is needed. I had other band designed with clear plastic faces. They made the touch screen hard to use and somethimes they got cloudy. This is a great value!
on January 4, 2016
If you're going to stick to your iPhone 5/5S/5c for a long time, then this is a good armband for you. Snug fit if you're not using any case for your iPhone, but will have to remove the case first if you do have to be able to use it without any problem.
on September 5, 2016
I have small girly arms that look like hot dogs when tan, so the fact that this stays up on my forearm is awesome. The Velcro can stick ANYWHERE on the band which is totally different that other ones I've had. I also love that the screen doesn't have a covering over it so changing songs is a breez! I've worn it to the gym and running outside with the dogs. Since the screen isn't covered I do make sure to avoid sprinklers outside now lol. But it is solid design and slim. I don't have my phone in a case when I'm this however. No place to hide a house or locker key on it though.
review image review image review image review image