Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,778 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,858 reviews
on April 2, 2014
Cable will not plug into a Panasonic Viera TV model TC-P55VT60 purchased Aug 2013. Won't fit. Mediabridge rep said not all optical cables fit all uses. So either there is no plug and receptacle digital optical cable product standard, hard to believe, or someone is not following it. Rep suggested I call Panasonic to see what brands work with their TVs. The cable fit my 2 yr old Pioneer 7.1 receiver. Probably not fair to give the cable a "1" but I can't use it.
on October 15, 2015
I was extermely impressed with this Optical Audio Cord because I am new to this type of audio cord I never used it before but I love the quality of audio I get out of it but here was my dilema I had a Optical Cord already but everytime a song got played that had a high frequency range the audio will cut out, now I assumed it was the Optical part had some dust or something so I disconnect it and blow and blow and clean but that wasnt the case cause when I played a song (rap bass) with a low frequency notes it played flawlessly but soon as I changed back to a more high note type of music the audio would cut out. That is why I purchased this Optical Cord, 1 for the money, 2 for the length and I was impressed!

The quality of this Optical cord blows my old one away, and off the top I replaced my old one with this one and the audio no longer cut out on those high frequency songs anymore problem solved. This cord is literally 6x thicker then my previous one and is as the same thickness as my studio monitoring headphones audio jack cord that cost (over $300) so this cord is of high quality. It comes in a box not a plastic bag like most audio cords do that come from the same price range, all in all I will buy again if I ever need another Optical Audio Cord again.
on May 11, 2014
Mediabridge is currently in the headlines of the popular press because Amazon has reportedly banned Mediabridge for threatening to sue a reviewer of one it is router products.

I have only purchased various types of Mediabridge cables (never a more intricate product such as a router). I have been happy with the performance of the Mediabridge products I have purchased. The company sends follow-up communications inviting comments and product support questions. I have never had the need for any support follow-up.

I do not know the substance of the negative review, Mediabridge's threatened legal actions, or Amazon's investigation and exile the company. Two things I do know: (1) I have been happy with the company and its products. (2) I have read reviews for other products where the reviewer appeared to have little understanding of the product, its features, and proper use.

If someone were to write a review that contains demonstrably false information (AND I DO NOT KNOW IF THAT IS THE CASE FOR THE MEDIABRIDGE STORY) I believe that the company has every right to seek a correction. The reviewer may be unhappy for any reason and give the company 1 star. But if the reviewer writes things that are false, Mediabridge should seek a correction and Amazon should support its vendor. Accuracy in the reviews (both positive and negative) is important to the reviews being helpful in making purchase decisions.
I purchased this optical digital audio cable by Mediabridge, after purchasing other Mediabridge items and appreciating their quality and durability. This cable is on par with their other products - excellent!

I like how much thicker the cable housing is on this optical cable is versus the one my HDTV shipped with, and the length of 6' is perfect for my needs. I also like how the connector snapped into place on both my HDTV and amplifier ports. No wiggle.

I can't think of anything I dislike about this product. It ships in a properly sized cardboard box, reducing potential for damage to the fine glass wires within the cable, and works as it should. What more could you want?

If you're looking for an inexpensive, quality-built optical audio cable, get this one.
on June 13, 2016
Bought this in March of 2013 and it worked great but I just upgraded to a new Samsung 4k TV and when I tried to disconnect the cable from the old TV, the part that plugs in, completely shattered. I figured I needed to disconnect from the receiver as well and that end also shattered. Faulty product. It's only been plugged in once and has remained plugged in for 3 years. If it remained plugged in, I'm sure it would continue working but it's definitely cheap manufacturing and I would not recommend buying this. Part of the connector broke off inside my one connect box that came with my TV and is now rattling inside. Hope it doesn't cause any issues. Don't buy..
review image review image review image
on December 26, 2012
I feel this product really helped me get the full value out of my sound system. I'm sure this depends on the quality of your sound system (a good cable can't make a cheap system amazing), but for my Vizio it works great. When changing the sound system setting from analog to optical you really can hear the difference. Not only is it easy to use like a HDMI cable as it is only one thing to plug in (to the TV and sound bar for example), but I actually think the value added here is greater than with HDMI - just for a point of comparison. Once you remove the protective red caps covering the ends of this cable it goes firmly into place and is not easy to remove. For my entertainment center set up this cable was plenty long to connect my sound bar/TV. I recommend the upgrade!
on December 25, 2013
I'm using the 15 foot version of the cable to connect the optical audio out of my PC to a Denon audio receiver. It's a cable...and it's optical...so it basically works or it doesn't. Well, this works! I have been using it for just under two weeks now for at least eight hours on a daily basis. I have had no problems.

The cable seems well made, with expected flexibility and insertion tension. The plastic does not emit an annoying odor (I'm sensitive to odors, such as from offgassing plastics.) It came packaged simply coiled in a cardboard box; there was no annoying plastic shell to cut off.

This seems to be a great value for the $10 I paid.
on March 17, 2011
This is the first optical cable I have purchased from Mediabridge but have used 3 of their HDMI cables in various lengths and have had no problems with them.
I have had a few different makes of Toslink cables, but always settled for the lower end versions because of the high cost of name-brand cable. Like almost everything- you get what you pay for- very thin sheathing over the fiber optic and just felt like they would snap at any minute. I had a couple of failures due to moving a component and the cat pulled on one and the fiber snapped inside.
This cable's sheathing is easily 3 times thicker than the low-cost cables and compared to my most expensive cable it is noticeably thicker and also the Toslink connectors seem to be of a higher quality.
I use this between my old DVD player which doesn't have HDMI to connect to my receiver to listen to CDs. I know- why would anyone use that when they have a Blu ray player, XM radio, and their home PC all connected to their home theater system? I'm not sure..cause it still works and I hate to throw it away, maybe.
If you need a digital optical solution to connect your xbox360, your TV if the HDMI doesn't support audio return, or an older CD/DVD/SAT component to your receiver this is what you need.Mediabridge - Toslink Cable - Optical Digital Audio Cable - 6ft
on March 19, 2016
The transmission quality on this 25' optical is great sound ends up being crystal clear.
Cable construction is great as well it is very heavy duty and not prone to kinking.
The only minor negative I only bring up as a nitpicker is the caps are not attached so if you are going to need them in the future keep them safe.
So totally recommend this cable it's a good buy.
on January 2, 2012
The cable's thickness is comparable to (perhaps even thicker than) brand name cables being sold at stores such as Best Buy or Fry's at much higher price. The connectors plugged in to the back of the PS3 and the receiver easily and securely. Build quality seems excellent.

Prior to the addition of this cable, the PS3 was connected directly to the TV via an HDMI cable, and, thus, the sound reproduction was through the TV's built-in speakers. With the addition of this cable, the audio output from the PS3 is now fed to an outdated receiver ( > ten years; no HDMI ports), and the sound reproduction is now through the 5.1 surround sound speakers.

Will definitely buy another Toslink cable from Mediabridge when the need arises. Recommended.