Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Length: 6 Feet|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,743 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,820 reviews
on March 12, 2016
Perfect! Well made, great end on this thick cable. DON'T LET ANYONE SELL YOU A MORE EXPENSIVE CABLE! Remember it's transmitting a DIGITAL SIGNAL! Think of Sirius radio, it's digital, either you hear music or you don't. Same hear, if it's transmitting the signal it will be the SAME with this cable or a $1200. This is an unregulated industry. It's not illegal to lie about what these cables can do. Bottom line. If you buy a more expensive cable only expect a better build quality. It WILL NOT IMPROVE PICTURE QUALITY OR AUDIO QUALITY. after returning a few, this on fits the bill for me. Good sturdy quality. Reasonable price.
on April 2, 2014
Cable will not plug into a Panasonic Viera TV model TC-P55VT60 purchased Aug 2013. Won't fit. Mediabridge rep said not all optical cables fit all uses. So either there is no plug and receptacle digital optical cable product standard, hard to believe, or someone is not following it. Rep suggested I call Panasonic to see what brands work with their TVs. The cable fit my 2 yr old Pioneer 7.1 receiver. Probably not fair to give the cable a "1" but I can't use it.
on May 18, 2017
High quality cable! I have ordered several different optical cables to run between an Oppo BluRay BDP-83 unit and Klipsch sound bar, and all provide the same sound quality (as to be expected), but this cable had more flexibility and was packaged much better. Don't get me wrong, it's "beefy" - probably more than it needs to be (just look at the stock cable that comes with any TV or disc player....less than spaghetti, but it's only transmitting light, and that is all that's needed). However, when you start strapping a good five to ten cables together with zip ties behind your components (including power cables, which is questionable), it's nice to know a bit more shielding is involved. Also seems to work great for in-wall runs between the TV and components. Would gladly order again. Don;t forget the rotating 90 degree adapters depending on your setup!
on October 15, 2015
I was extermely impressed with this Optical Audio Cord because I am new to this type of audio cord I never used it before but I love the quality of audio I get out of it but here was my dilema I had a Optical Cord already but everytime a song got played that had a high frequency range the audio will cut out, now I assumed it was the Optical part had some dust or something so I disconnect it and blow and blow and clean but that wasnt the case cause when I played a song (rap bass) with a low frequency notes it played flawlessly but soon as I changed back to a more high note type of music the audio would cut out. That is why I purchased this Optical Cord, 1 for the money, 2 for the length and I was impressed!

The quality of this Optical cord blows my old one away, and off the top I replaced my old one with this one and the audio no longer cut out on those high frequency songs anymore problem solved. This cord is literally 6x thicker then my previous one and is as the same thickness as my studio monitoring headphones audio jack cord that cost (over $300) so this cord is of high quality. It comes in a box not a plastic bag like most audio cords do that come from the same price range, all in all I will buy again if I ever need another Optical Audio Cord again.
on April 6, 2017
Abysmal quality. After a few weeks the plastic housing broke in both my TV and receiver when I tried removing the cable for a move. I needed to use a fine tip screwdriver and pliers--unfortunately it damaged both devices in the process. I strongly do NOT recommend buying anything from this manufacturer and certainly not this cable!
I purchased this optical digital audio cable by Mediabridge, after purchasing other Mediabridge items and appreciating their quality and durability. This cable is on par with their other products - excellent!

I like how much thicker the cable housing is on this optical cable is versus the one my HDTV shipped with, and the length of 6' is perfect for my needs. I also like how the connector snapped into place on both my HDTV and amplifier ports. No wiggle.

I can't think of anything I dislike about this product. It ships in a properly sized cardboard box, reducing potential for damage to the fine glass wires within the cable, and works as it should. What more could you want?

If you're looking for an inexpensive, quality-built optical audio cable, get this one.
on May 11, 2014
Mediabridge is currently in the headlines of the popular press because Amazon has reportedly banned Mediabridge for threatening to sue a reviewer of one it is router products.

I have only purchased various types of Mediabridge cables (never a more intricate product such as a router). I have been happy with the performance of the Mediabridge products I have purchased. The company sends follow-up communications inviting comments and product support questions. I have never had the need for any support follow-up.

I do not know the substance of the negative review, Mediabridge's threatened legal actions, or Amazon's investigation and exile the company. Two things I do know: (1) I have been happy with the company and its products. (2) I have read reviews for other products where the reviewer appeared to have little understanding of the product, its features, and proper use.

If someone were to write a review that contains demonstrably false information (AND I DO NOT KNOW IF THAT IS THE CASE FOR THE MEDIABRIDGE STORY) I believe that the company has every right to seek a correction. The reviewer may be unhappy for any reason and give the company 1 star. But if the reviewer writes things that are false, Mediabridge should seek a correction and Amazon should support its vendor. Accuracy in the reviews (both positive and negative) is important to the reviews being helpful in making purchase decisions.
on December 25, 2013
I'm using the 15 foot version of the cable to connect the optical audio out of my PC to a Denon audio receiver. It's a cable...and it's optical...so it basically works or it doesn't. Well, this works! I have been using it for just under two weeks now for at least eight hours on a daily basis. I have had no problems.

The cable seems well made, with expected flexibility and insertion tension. The plastic does not emit an annoying odor (I'm sensitive to odors, such as from offgassing plastics.) It came packaged simply coiled in a cardboard box; there was no annoying plastic shell to cut off.

This seems to be a great value for the $10 I paid.
on March 19, 2016
The transmission quality on this 25' optical is great sound ends up being crystal clear.
Cable construction is great as well it is very heavy duty and not prone to kinking.
The only minor negative I only bring up as a nitpicker is the caps are not attached so if you are going to need them in the future keep them safe.
So totally recommend this cable it's a good buy.
on March 17, 2011
This is the first optical cable I have purchased from Mediabridge but have used 3 of their HDMI cables in various lengths and have had no problems with them.
I have had a few different makes of Toslink cables, but always settled for the lower end versions because of the high cost of name-brand cable. Like almost everything- you get what you pay for- very thin sheathing over the fiber optic and just felt like they would snap at any minute. I had a couple of failures due to moving a component and the cat pulled on one and the fiber snapped inside.
This cable's sheathing is easily 3 times thicker than the low-cost cables and compared to my most expensive cable it is noticeably thicker and also the Toslink connectors seem to be of a higher quality.
I use this between my old DVD player which doesn't have HDMI to connect to my receiver to listen to CDs. I know- why would anyone use that when they have a Blu ray player, XM radio, and their home PC all connected to their home theater system? I'm not sure..cause it still works and I hate to throw it away, maybe.
If you need a digital optical solution to connect your xbox360, your TV if the HDMI doesn't support audio return, or an older CD/DVD/SAT component to your receiver this is what you need.Mediabridge - Toslink Cable - Optical Digital Audio Cable - 6ft