Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 11, 2014
Mediabridge is currently in the headlines of the popular press because Amazon has reportedly banned Mediabridge for threatening to sue a reviewer of one it is router products.

I have only purchased various types of Mediabridge cables (never a more intricate product such as a router). I have been happy with the performance of the Mediabridge products I have purchased. The company sends follow-up communications inviting comments and product support questions. I have never had the need for any support follow-up.

I do not know the substance of the negative review, Mediabridge's threatened legal actions, or Amazon's investigation and exile the company. Two things I do know: (1) I have been happy with the company and its products. (2) I have read reviews for other products where the reviewer appeared to have little understanding of the product, its features, and proper use.

If someone were to write a review that contains demonstrably false information (AND I DO NOT KNOW IF THAT IS THE CASE FOR THE MEDIABRIDGE STORY) I believe that the company has every right to seek a correction. The reviewer may be unhappy for any reason and give the company 1 star. But if the reviewer writes things that are false, Mediabridge should seek a correction and Amazon should support its vendor. Accuracy in the reviews (both positive and negative) is important to the reviews being helpful in making purchase decisions.
on December 26, 2012
I feel this product really helped me get the full value out of my sound system. I'm sure this depends on the quality of your sound system (a good cable can't make a cheap system amazing), but for my Vizio it works great. When changing the sound system setting from analog to optical you really can hear the difference. Not only is it easy to use like a HDMI cable as it is only one thing to plug in (to the TV and sound bar for example), but I actually think the value added here is greater than with HDMI - just for a point of comparison. Once you remove the protective red caps covering the ends of this cable it goes firmly into place and is not easy to remove. For my entertainment center set up this cable was plenty long to connect my sound bar/TV. I recommend the upgrade!
on December 25, 2013
I'm using the 15 foot version of the cable to connect the optical audio out of my PC to a Denon audio receiver. It's a cable...and it's optical...so it basically works or it doesn't. Well, this works! I have been using it for just under two weeks now for at least eight hours on a daily basis. I have had no problems.

The cable seems well made, with expected flexibility and insertion tension. The plastic does not emit an annoying odor (I'm sensitive to odors, such as from offgassing plastics.) It came packaged simply coiled in a cardboard box; there was no annoying plastic shell to cut off.

This seems to be a great value for the $10 I paid.
on March 17, 2011
This is the first optical cable I have purchased from Mediabridge but have used 3 of their HDMI cables in various lengths and have had no problems with them.
I have had a few different makes of Toslink cables, but always settled for the lower end versions because of the high cost of name-brand cable. Like almost everything- you get what you pay for- very thin sheathing over the fiber optic and just felt like they would snap at any minute. I had a couple of failures due to moving a component and the cat pulled on one and the fiber snapped inside.
This cable's sheathing is easily 3 times thicker than the low-cost cables and compared to my most expensive cable it is noticeably thicker and also the Toslink connectors seem to be of a higher quality.
I use this between my old DVD player which doesn't have HDMI to connect to my receiver to listen to CDs. I know- why would anyone use that when they have a Blu ray player, XM radio, and their home PC all connected to their home theater system? I'm not sure..cause it still works and I hate to throw it away, maybe.
If you need a digital optical solution to connect your xbox360, your TV if the HDMI doesn't support audio return, or an older CD/DVD/SAT component to your receiver this is what you need.Mediabridge - Toslink Cable - Optical Digital Audio Cable - 6ft
0Comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The transmission quality on this 25' optical is great sound ends up being crystal clear.
Cable construction is great as well it is very heavy duty and not prone to kinking.
The only minor negative I only bring up as a nitpicker is the caps are not attached so if you are going to need them in the future keep them safe.
So totally recommend this cable it's a good buy.
on January 2, 2012
The cable's thickness is comparable to (perhaps even thicker than) brand name cables being sold at stores such as Best Buy or Fry's at much higher price. The connectors plugged in to the back of the PS3 and the receiver easily and securely. Build quality seems excellent.

Prior to the addition of this cable, the PS3 was connected directly to the TV via an HDMI cable, and, thus, the sound reproduction was through the TV's built-in speakers. With the addition of this cable, the audio output from the PS3 is now fed to an outdated receiver ( > ten years; no HDMI ports), and the sound reproduction is now through the 5.1 surround sound speakers.

Will definitely buy another Toslink cable from Mediabridge when the need arises. Recommended.
on September 27, 2013
I've read many reviews on Toslink cables and alot of them seem to have the problem of not being snug in the port. These DO NOT have that problem. I'd say you can't go wrong buying these, I bought mine for $7.99 (10 feet) and it's well worth the money. If you're a bit new to using optical cables you may be worried about breaking the port or cable when connecting or disconnecting the cable. Just give a firm pull to disconnect, and a firm push to connect. Don't worry about breaking anything, they will click when they are securely connected.

As far as sound, I have no problems with the cable itself (as far as I know). I use it on my ASUS P8Z77-V LE Plus motherboard going into my Yamaha RX-V463BL. I have seen the Realtek audio panel freak out about a cable being plugged in and unplugged, but this tends to be a common issue with realtek drivers according to some reading online. This is probably just the drivers or the front panel because when I disabled the front panel HD audio it stopped spamming me with that message. It has AC97 and HD audio, so when disabling the one that is actually plugged in you will not be notified due to the other not being connected.

It came in a plastic bag, new condition.
on June 11, 2017
No more hum noises after this to replace my overpriced monster cable. Monster has gone down in quality but prices aren't moving. Tried this new brand and is impressed with the sound and fitment. Highly recommended for someone whom wants quality and value! Thanks Mediabridge!
on September 21, 2016
Way better than the standard cable that came with my surround sound. I don't recognize any sound improvements but this is definitely more durable. I got it because I needed a longer cord. Just beware this thing is thick so you loose some flexibility of thinner cords.
on July 7, 2017
Excellent quality. This cable is long and well made. Solid connectors at each end. Nicely packaged in a box with end cap protection. Used this for digital audio PC sound card to home receiver. Simply awesome.