Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 303 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 315 reviews
on July 24, 2017
For some weird reason my new Samsung television had a marked decrease in volume when connected to the cable box. I purchased a sound bar in this Optical cable and now things are awesome! I like that this was affordable and work well connected easily. But I do feel in the future I will stick with television sets that have your standard RCA hookups simply because it's easier to find speakers and Sound Bars compatible with that versus Optical connections. But this is a great product totally worth it!
on December 13, 2012
The Mediabridge Toslink cable seems to be well made and works well once installed, but it was tight fit. An Amazon Basics Toslink cable snaps in and out of the same sockets easily, while I had to press very firmly to get the Mediabridge cable to snap in. It seems size is a problem with Toslink cables as some people complain of a too-loose fit and others of a too-tight fit for the same make and model cable.
I noticed the little transverse ridges on the top and bottom surfaces of the Mediabridge plug seemed slightly taller than on my Amazon Basics cable, so I filed them down with a fingernail file, and -- perfect fit! The Mediabridge cable now snaps in and out easily and securely. If you try this, be careful to only file off a small amount of the ridges, as they are what holds the plug in the socket (makes the snap).
on May 27, 2014
I recently purchased a Sonos sound bar, assuming I had a fiber connection on the Samsung TV. Well the TV did not even though it is one of the latest models. Anyway, before taking back the Sonos I found a posting from someone who used TOSLINK as a solution (from the folks at J&R Galaxies). He had great things to say about it so I too purchased the 3X1 switcher. PERFECT solution! Don't forget to purchase additional fiber cables (I purchased from Mediabridge Products - Toslink Cable) I have one fiber connection from the TOSLINK to my Comcast box the other to my Sony DVD player (that has Netflix etc.) and the common goes to the Sonos player. This leaves one additional Fiber connection available on the TOSLINK. The TV connects to the Comcast box via HDMI (there are no TV connections to the SONOS or the TOSLINK). Using the TOSLINK remote (that comes with the switcher) I select (1) for when I want the audio to come from Comcast to the Sonos bar or (2) if I want sound to come from my Sony DVD player. Audio and video appear to synch perfectly. I've read additional postings regarding this solution and folks who do have a fiber connection on their TV suggest the TOSLINK solution regardless as it seems to resolve some audio conversion issues (that I can't speak to.)
on March 3, 2017
This is the first time using a Toslink cable. When I discovered that I needed one, Mediabridge was the first place that I looked. I like their products because they are good quality at a reasonable price. The quality of this Toslink cable is on par with their HDMI, audio, and video cables.
on May 3, 2017
This cable is nice it has plenty of shielding and is very sturdy. Plugging it in was a little more firm than my other on but it definitely isn't going anywhere. Once it clicked in it is very secured. If I ever need another I will grab this one again.
on May 17, 2017
Works perfect. I have several Mediabridge cables. They are well made and work! So far, I have never had a problem with their products. Very good prices too. I always check to see if they make the cable I need and buy theirs.
on May 31, 2017
Great cable for the most part. The only minor quibble I have is the connector grip is on the large side and I had to switch it to another device because it would not fit on the one I had intended to use it.
on June 16, 2015
So far, no problems. The cables work just as advertised. The quality is excellent, and I have had no difficulty with the connections to my devices. They fit perfectly. Also, the sound quality has improved tremendously. The housing for the cables is sturdy, and the shielding is appropriate. I'm using one of these for a connection from my Sony DVD player to my Pioneer receiver, and one from my Logitech Revue (yes, that old thing - still works great, so why chuck it) to my Receiver. The real difference seems to be this last connection. The Logitech Revue is capable of amazing sound. When I have Netflix on, wow, thunderstorms and other effects in the movie are now amazingly real - tricks me into thinking a real storm is happening. This was a great update to a few older devices. Obviously, the Logitech is amazing because of the HD capability, but the DVD player sounds good too.
on December 30, 2012
I had a circuit hum on my Onkyo TX-SR876, but only from the input for the cable TV signal [which was coming directly from a TiVo Premier box]. I switched inputs, switched RCA cables, tried shielded cables, tried configuring the connection in set up and couldn't fix it. So after looking under the hood again, confirmed that the TiVo box had an optical audio out port. After reading [a lot] about the virtues of various manufacturers, including the "it either works or it doesn't", I ordered this cable and a 6 foot version because they were 1) the same price [cheap] and 2) on sale. I "had" to buy some other stuff to qualify for the Super Saving shipping rate and the order arrived on the date predicted and the next day I began what I hoped would be an easy install.

Both components are nearby, so the 3 foot span was plenty long and the cable is very flexible, so even if it were a longer reach, I wasn't concerned about a crimp damaging performance. I removed the plastic tips [a step that many others missed; Mediabridge included a reminder card for this] and was able to see the guide ridges on the connector housing that helped align it into the Onkyo and was rewarded with the "snap" described in the discussion blogs. I didn't get the same "snap" from the source box and after 5 minutes of pushing hard and worrying about damaging the connector, I decided to fire up the system and see if there was any chance it was "close enough" [a note in the box also addressed the fact that not all optical audio ports are the same, so I was in Variable Component Configuration Land].

Hum gone! I was so geeked about having a clean signal that I began to look at my other components to see of I could use the nother Mediabridge cable for improved sound. Nope; too old for most of the other components or they were using HDMI, but that hasn't diminished my joy at getting this problem off my Audio ToDo list [it had been there far too long].
on February 5, 2015
This Mediabridge TOSlink Cable is the quality I expected, it fits perfectly in both the Amazon Fire TV box output and the C2G / Cables to Go 40019 Optical to Coaxial Digital Audio Converter that then outputs with a digital coax cable to my Vizio sound bar. (The Fire TV box would not play through the TV even though the TV is connected via TOSlink to Vizio.) The cable box and Blu-ray player played fine through the TV Sharp Aquos (2006 model). I understand that not all devices will play through the TV. I have used Mediabridge products before and have always been happy with them, both in the quality and the fit. I also ordered another yesterday to replace the very thin wire and not very secure Vizio-supplied Digital Optical cable.