Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mediabridge ULTRA Series Subwoofer Cable (8 Feet) - Dual Shielded with Gold Plated RCA to RCA Connectors - Black
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on July 16, 2011
"A cable is a cable," you say? Well not this one. It surpasses your ordinary RCA cable by far. While most RCA cables plug in and remain relatively loose and... friction free, this cable grips the terminal very nicely. Thanks to the tighter connection with the terminal, there is a lot more friction which means that the cable is making contact and connecting much better than your standard RCA cable. Gold ends and double shielding to boot make this cable a great choice for a subwoofer cable for your new, or existing, home theater system.
on December 21, 2010
This cable is made of shielded RG6 coax cable with gold RCA ends. The ends fit snug and won't rattle out of your sub or reciever. The sound quality is perfect. It is not the most flexible of cables but that shouldn't really matter. You can't beat them for the price. I'm happy. Don't waist a ton of money on "premium cables" that will not sound any better.
on December 1, 2014
The subwoofer cable that came with the subwoofer is puny. I mean, when I opened the box and took this bad boy out, I looked at that puny little cable and told it to take some vitamins or something. Then I stuck it away. Far away.

The sheer power and sound from this cable make it worthwhile: there's nothing like the rumble of the space ships and explosions during the opening battle sequence of Star Wars Episode III to thrill a person. And this is thrilling.

I know it's just a cable, right? Well, humor me and let me talk it up a bit!

If you have a decent home theater with a powered subwoofer, you owe it to yourself to use a non-puny sub cable. And this is the one to use.
on June 1, 2014
Okay...I've been an (intermediate) audiophile for a while, and despite what one COULD pay for a subwoofer cable, one must think twice about spending an unnecessary amount of money before you pass on this one.

I mean really, you don't have too look any further. Almost all of my home stereo equipment has Mediabridge cabling! Why? Because it works perfectly! Each cable is well-designed and looks sharp. End-plugs hold on to receiving ends with a tight grip (no worry about vibrating loose). Gold-plating for perfect contact, and cables are flawlessly built. Absolutely have NEVER had a single dud in all the ones that I've ordered.

A big plus, is that Mediabridge goes out of their way to make sure you're happy with the purchase. On every cable purchase, I've always received an email to make sure that I'm satisfied, and if there's anything they can help with.

Don't just take my word for it, try it for yourself! These cables are great, and should cost about 10 times what they're asking! It's the best cable deal on Amazon!! TRUST ME!
on May 15, 2014
I got this to help with the remote subwoofer location on my 7.2 receiver. I have a sub up front and ran a long cable through the wall to a rear location where I plan to put another. I got this to go from the wall plate to the sub when I get it. Just for kicks I replaced the small cable that came with my little home theater in a box system I bought 12 years ago. After all, lots of reviewers said it improved their sound. I was skeptical! How can a cable make a difference? It does. I was shocked. You can hear a very clear difference in the quality of sound coming from this little sub. Better bass and the sound is more clear. The lows can't get me too excited because this is a small 6" sub, but, it has better sound production that it did with the stock cable. I will be getting another one, because this one is not leaving the spot it now has. Now I'm wondering what this will do for a really good sub that I get for the rear?? Bet it will be good.
on April 20, 2015
Awesome cables. I have several Mediabridge (toslink and subwoofer) cables, and they're ALL very high quality. I've compared them to my reference/audiophile (VERY expensive) cables and in blind tests, you cannot tell any difference whatsoever. I have fairly high-end audio components and these cables sound superb. I'll never buy another (so-called) audiophile cable again. For the money, the Mediabridge cables are (by far) THE best bang for your buck. HIGHLY recommended.
on June 20, 2015
I bought two of these, one 25' and one 8', to use with my dual SVS subwoofer system, which is part of a 6.1 audio/home theater system. There are more expensive options out there, for which I feel the cost is unjustified. There are also cheaper options, which I believe fall into the category of "you get what you pay for." These are extremely well made, with high-quality connections. I recommend them highly.
on February 8, 2011
agree with other reviewers... just the matter of inserting it first time, all set. But its not too big (only 8 ft) and not so flexible (its thick), so mobility is not great. But if you are 1 like me who will keep subwoofer in close proximity (as my home allows), it is for you... can't beat the price. Sound quality is as good as 1 from best buy (dynex) which I returned as it costs double...
on October 23, 2013
I needed a relatively short length of subwoofer cable to link my new Polk Audio Subwoofer to my new Xtrememac Tango Bar desktop sound bar. This Mediabridge dual-shielded, gold plated cable is state of the art. Sometimes existing electrical cable running along the floor will interfere with a lessor speaker cable's efficiency, but the dual shield ensures true, crisp response from my subwoofer. I like that! Sure, I could have opted for the big name monster type of cable, but Mediabridge has made a product worthy of consideration. It's "monster" enough for me, and I'm happy with my choice... or at least I was until I tried to connect it with my Xtrememac. It could not fit the sub-out plug of the Xtrememac. It was too large. The other end of the cable fit my subwoofer just fine, but Xtrememac's "shell" opening is smaller. I've never encountered this kind of problem. I'm sure the cable would be fine with any other connection, but it will not work with Xtrememac.
on February 6, 2014
I needed a new RCA for my home theater sub and found this one on Amazon. Price was a concern as I didn't want to be one of those people that overspend on cables for a name brand that the blue brick and mortar store sells. Let me tell you I bought this for under 10 bucks for 8 feet length and the quality rocks!! I was most impressed with the quality of the tip of the connector, it snuggly fits around the RCA connections of my receiver and sub. I have no fear that this cable will snag or start falling apart anytime soon and if something were to happen to it (dog chews on it, daughter cuts it) it was extremely affordable and easy to replace. I haven't had any issues with it at all but I will tell you, Mediabridge contacted me immediately after purchasing it, as well as a week or so after receiving it just to make sure to answer any questions I might have and to make sure I was satisfied with their product. Don't worry they wont flood your inbox with emails (just 2), it's nice to see a company stand behind their product and make sure the customer is happy!