Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 18,272 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19,149 reviews
on November 24, 2012
I was disappointed with a 25ft HDMI cable that was recommended with my recent home theater component purchase. It was NOT a Mediabridge cable, but a cheap cable that worked for many other people that bought it. It didn't work for my application. Therefore I was reluctant to buy anything that was priced reasonably and without breaking the bank. I searched for several days reading over 100 reviews. I was being very critical and patient, even with the positive reviews. I needed something that I didn't have to adjust settings for. I wanted it to work 'right out of the box' so to speak. I picked this Mediabridge 50ft HDMI cable even though some reviews said not to. I was hoping NOT to lose a connection and have it reset every 5 minutes like the other cable. This Mediabridge cable works FANTASTIC and exceeds my expectations! The cable is layed next to 11 other media cables that share the main receiver connections and computer cables without any interference. The first 25 feet of cable stretch straight from TV to BD player, then I wound the last 25 feet and secured it with wire ties to prevent accidental movement or shifting. The connections are as snug as many of the reviews indicate. If someone says that they are loose, it may be the first production cables they released. The one I received are perfect. Every BD video works fantastic, including 3D which was something new to me. It also sends audio perfectly and without a setting adjustment or electrical interference from either unit.

I am completely satisfied with this purchase and hope that it helps to 'weed' out any doubts to look further for a cable of this length to work in your application. I have had the cable connected since receiving it and has not flawed on me. I want to also add that I am an experienced 'tech geek' with home audio, video and PC experience for more than 25 years. I have helped many and hope to have helped you with this review.
33 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2009
OK, not much you can say about a cable, unless you get one that is bad or "flakey" from a problem with the shield, as we read from a previous posting.

I recently upgraded my HDTV system and now have a HDTV, Blue-ray, and Receiver that supports the HDMI 1.3 spec. This spec enables new high bandwidth features previously not supported in older HDMI cables and equipment. Both the Blue-ray and the HDTV, and my Roku-Netflix box are firmware upgradeable, so this cable should support their enhancements for at least a couple of years.

Being the quintessential anal-retentive Electrical Engineer, I tend to over analyze everything (even if not required). When buying cables (typically, the weak link in most systems), you have to determine if the product is manufactured from a reputable vendor, or built by a couple of guys in their garage, with no quality control. Mediabridge Products is a subsidiary of Broadband Products, Inc. Broadband Products has HDMI certification (see hdmi.org for why this is important).

There are two types of HDMI cable, Standard (Category 1) and High Speed (Category 2), and they have different performance metrics. A Standard cable can transmit a 1080i signal for 15 meters (49 feet) or more, while a High Speed HDMI cable can transmit a 1080p signal for at least 7.5 meters (25 feet). For the most part, running cables less than 5 meters, either will work, but I want to make sure and this cable is Category 2.

Why did I buy this specific cable from this vendor: The vendor has an almost perfect feedback record, the product is low cost for the specs, fulfilled by Amazon, and importantly free shipping, and a return policy that pays the shipping for returns/exchanges of defects.

ADK
1111 comments| 698 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2017
After upgrading our TV, AVR and bluray player to 4K we had issues with UHD content, specifically HDR content. Background on the hardware, TV is LG B6 OLED 2016, AVR is Marantz SR7010, transport is Samsung K8500. First set of cables were Twisted Views upon the recommendation of a friend who installs AV. He has yet to deal with anything 4K/HDR so I don't blame him for the recommendation. Most everything worked fine, Roku 4 with 4K (it's not able to handle HDR), TiVo, HTPC, etc. Issues came immediately with the K8500 connected to the AVR only. Video dropouts, audio issues, it was not usable. I found an article that said to use two cables, HDMI port 1 connected directly to the TV for video only and HDMI port 2 to the AVR for audio only. This worked. Advance to adding an Nvidia Shield to the mix. HDR content caused Ultra HD Deep Color to be enabled on the HDMI port 2 on the TV. This is also the ARC port on the TV. This caused many frustrating issues. While HDR content played ok, non-HDR content and using the WebOS apps were causing numerous issues. I tried many things to correct this and nothing worked. I searched around and found a recommendation for these cables on one of the AV forums and decided that for about $9 a pop, it's worth a try. I began by replacing the cable from the Shield to the AVR and the AVR to the TV. This appeared to resolve issues with HDR and non-HDR content and the WebOS. Next step was to try the K8500 with a single cable. This worked as well.

Long story short, buy these cables for 4K UHD HDR devices such as the 2017 series Roku which handle HDR, Nvidia Shield, UHD bluray players, etc.
on August 2, 2016
Some people will tell you that all HDMI cables are the same. They would be incorrect. While I'd agree there's no reason to run out and spend 60 dollars or more on the ultra-premium cables, there is a difference in quality and performance you'll find in the reasonable, modestly priced zone. I think when I bought it, this was more expensive than the amazon cables by about a dollar, and I'd say I got a dollar's worth more performance out of it. There's a misconception that if you can pump a digital signal through a cable at all, your signal integrity is preserved and therefor there's no quality difference in transmission. This is wrong. With the amazon cables, I've had great experiences but I've also had some rare and quirky behavior in which I've needed to plug something in twice, or I can't get 60hz video to display just right. When I switched to these, those problems went away. I likely have a severe EMI leak in my house, maybe my neighbor's microwave is on death's door, but there is something to be said for adequate cable shielding. This cable performed better where others couldn't...and for an extra buck, I'll take this one.
on September 14, 2016
This is the second Mediabridge cable that I purchased (the other was a Y-connector for connecting Amp to Sub-woofer), and again I'm just delighted with the quality.

This is the primary HDMI that connects my Sony AV amplifier to my LG OLED television. I would call my home theater system a mid to high-end homeowner's system. Sure, there's better stuff out there, but isn't that always the case? Anyway...in my application, all media systems are HDMI connected to a Sony DN1060 amplifier which does all the audio/video switching, and the Sony delivers the appropriate media to speakers and TV via this Mediabridge Ultra Series HDMI Cable. So if this cable isn't up to the job, nothing else will work.

Well, this cable certainly does what it's intended to do. It's a very high quality cable that is handling native 4k Ultra High-Def video content from a true 4K Samsung BluRay player to an OLED 4K TV with no issues whatsoever. In my application, I am using the ARC (audio return channel) HDMI jack on my TV so that I can use either the TV's built in speakers, or my surround sound speakers connected to the Amp. (This is a good idea if you have some members of the family who aren't all that tech-savvy, and just want to "turn on the TV and watch." Obviously the sound sucks coming from even high-end LED/OLED television on-board speakers due to their thin design, but it gets the job done for non audiophiles.)

The cable itself is quite robust, with very nice but not oversize end pieces that feel secure and maintain the gold-plated HDMI connectors in place. The cable is not thin and cheap, like some other brands, but not quite as supple as some of the super high-end cables I've had either. Since I'm not looking to have a cable that folds up tightly in a travel bag, that's a non-issue for me. If you're a professional AV guy/gal who carries your stuff all over the place, maybe that's an issue for you? Even still, particularly as you compare prices, I would give this cable a try.

I would highly recommend the Mediabridge Ultra Series HDMI Cable for anyone who needs to a 4K A/V cable for their home theater
on August 25, 2013
Purchased a 35 ft HDMI cord so that cable would not go across the floor from projector I have to the Blue-Ray and Direct TV hook-up I had at the entertainment center. I had to run cord through one wall, up into the attic, drop it behind another wall and have it come out through a hole like a well-coordinated socket. Would not have been so difficult had my house not already been BUILT !
But this cord took a licking through sawdust, sheetrock dust, insulation, down through rafters, etc. Came out after 35 feet and the signal is as good (picture as clear, sound not delayed, no static, etc) as a 6 ft cord I had been using to connect Direct TV to the projector. The whole set-up is AWESOME !!

I ordered this late at night on Amazon and had it in my mailbox in less than 40 hours. That's right ... not the next day, but the next ! In the interim, MediaBridge sent me an e-mail telling me it was on its way. Box included contact information and media support. They sent a follow-up e-mail inviting questions and providing support hours, etc.

I have never ordered anything from these people before but they impressed me. I chose them because out of 10,000 reviews they had 5 Stars (on Amazon). I wish they sold cars.
on December 7, 2014
Using it (15ft) with Vizio P702ui-B3 and GTX 970 and I can get 4k resolution 60Hz on HDMI 5 port
review image
on July 2, 2015
You might have come across articles on the internet claiming that all HDMI cables are the same. THAT'S NOT THE CASE FOR LONG CABLES!

I tried 3 different 35ft cables from other made-in-china companies, which are all much more expensive than this cable (I'm not from the US), and they either didn't work or had constant signal loss. I gave up searching and nearly lost hope in flawless signal over long HDMI cables.
Then I came here and read the reviews, and decided to give this cable a chance. And I'm so glad I did.

The cable is very well made and sustains the extreme Arabian summer heat, but most importantly it transmits signal flawlessly. I've been using it 24/7 for 2 months now and I haven't had a single problem. I've used it to connect my PC to my home theatre in another room on 1080p resolution @ 60fps 3D and carrying 5.1 audio. I've also used it test 120fps on my monitor for the purpose of this review, and it passed the test and delivered a smooth gaming experience

I'll edit this post once I have a problem with the cable. Meaning if you come across this post unedited, it means the cable still works perfectly for me.

Save yourself the frustration and don't try anything else.
VINE VOICEon April 18, 2015
The bottom line here is it works. I've played in the HT universe for a long time - 20 years. When I started, 5.1 was the top of the line and component cables were the state of the art. One of the things I've found, and it is particularly true in home theater, is that you get 99% of the performance in most decent consumer products. This cable is a decent consumer product.

There are some variables in the use of long cables however. Most of those lie not in the cable but in the devices attached to it. I needed this to go from a Marantz SR6009 to a inexpensive projector. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it works flawlessly. Interestingly enough, not only does it work when the receiver is providing juice but also when the receiver is off and just performing 'pass-through' operations from my DVR. I discovered that on accident. Pretty darn good.

People really involved in their hobbies spend huge multiples to gain ever smaller percentages of improvements. Usually, for improvements that can only be proved on lab instruments. Oxygen-free 4 gauge speaker cables. Monster Cable interconnects of every stripe. And on and on. Some things do improve with more spend - receivers and amps and displays. Sure. Some things...don't.

Unless your goal is to go on forums and ask "Did you see an improvement when you bought..." and name-drop your new addition or to endlessly argue the pros and cons of items that make the most insignificant differences, buying good quality stuff is really all most folks need. And as much as most folks can determine any differences with.

If your goal is instead to have a great looking and sounding system - you've found the right cable, right here. As I rebuild my HT room (last one destroyed by a storm, a 120 foot tree and a negligent neighbor), I will buy other Mediabridge products. To me, that's what a recommendation is.
on November 13, 2014
Mediabridge ULTRA Series HDMI Cable (25 Feet) is awesome ******* (7 stars) , Amazon prime delivery is very fast, i got it in 40 hours, this cable looks very solid , i want to use my TV as 2nd monitor for my laptop, so i ordered 25 feet cable, it allows me to see anything on TV from laptop sitting comfortably from my table, this is certified cable , you can close your eyes and purchase it, i also have Mediabridge coaxial cable , they are very reliable, i love their brand, quality ...as you can see in picture its well packed product
I 100% recommend it to friends