- Audio CD (February 27, 2006)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: Enhanced, Extra tracks, Import
- Label: EMI Import
- ASIN: B000EGDA98
- Average Customer Review: 3.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,706,092 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
In Medias Res Enhanced, Extra tracks, Import
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Born December 30, 1976 (1976-12-30) (age 32)
Instrument(s) Vocals, piano, violin
Years active 2003 - present
Bands:Krypteria, Become One
Animus Liber is my favorite track on In Medias Res. Very good album. Interesting Latin lyrics. Krypteria continue to produce superior music.
of course, Ji-In Cho delivers powerful vocals, as she always does.
This is a five star product.
1. VICTORIAM SPERAMUS: The first single starts in a good tune, followed by the soft singing and impressive backing vocals. The chorus is not in English but it doesn't matter as long as you can feel the epic atmosphere. A well-arranged piece... 4/5
2. WILL YOU BE THERE FOR ME: starts with some beautiful piano then speeds up in the middle with the blend of drumsbeat and guitar. The chorus is boring. 3.5/5
3. WHY: My most unfavourable track of the album, so plain and boring. The only thing that saves it is the good starting tune that was once used in another song of the band- Liberatio.Read more ›
The stand-out track on this album is "You and I", which is a brilliant post-love duet guaranteed to make the listener smile. It features a rather whimsical mix of soaring vocals and stinging simile-laden retorts that requires more than a single listen.
And if you like this album, you *must* get their follow-up album, entitled "Bloodangel's Cry". It features even stronger music and vocals, and it shows that Krypteria is a band with tremendous potential for the future.
This album is decidedly not metal. Yea there are some rocked up songs but they are most certainly more pop than metal.
I read the band bio that they started with a more symphonic pop studio act with multiple guest singers. This would be one of those albums where they are still in that pop/easy listening sort of mood, but they settled on Jo-In Cho as the vocalist.
If you like Liberatio you'll probably like this album. I've noticed that Krypteria seems to do one album that is pretty cheesy that experiments a lot with new music styles and textures, and the following album refines things. Liberatio was pretty much the almost all cheese version of this album. This album has some good tunes mixed in.
I saw someone else likened them to Within Temptation. Not even close.
If you are looking to continue exploring Krypteria's more gothic metal trend check out "My Fatal Kiss".
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was buying this CD for a friend and the order was cancelled, with no e-mail explaining why, just a letter from Amazon basically saying "F-you. Read morePublished on April 8, 2011 by Joe
This band attempts to be similar to Within Temptation, Elis, and others but doesn't succeed very well in doing so. Read morePublished on May 6, 2008 by Katie