- Save 20% on Mediasonic HP1-U34F 4 Ports External USB 3.0 PCI Express Card when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Mediasonic Store. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 20% on Mediasonic USB 3.0 PCI Express Card HP1-SU3 when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Mediasonic Store. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 20% on Mediasonic ProRaid USB 3.0 2 Bay 3.5 inch SATA Hard Drive Enclosure when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Mediasonic Store. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 20% on Mediasonic ProRaid USB-C 2 Bay 2.5" SATA SSD / HDD Hard Drive Enclosure when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Mediasonic Store. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 30% on Mediasonic ProBox 2 Port External SATA 3 / III 6.0 Gbps PCI Express Card when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Mediasonic Store. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Mediasonic HFR2-SU3S2 PRORAID 4 Bay 3.5" SATA Hard..." and save 45% off the $250.80 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $10.18 shipping
Mediasonic HFR2-SU3S2 PRORAID 4 Bay 3.5" SATA Hard Drive Enclosure - USB 3.0 & eSATA
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Support 3.5" SATA I / II / III hard disk drive up to 10TB per drive, Support Hard Drive Transfer Rate up to SATA III Speed. Hardware Raid controller built-in on board with one-button control.
- One Button Raid Control support Single Drive Mode, Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD, Raid 0 (Stripping), Raid 1 (Mirroring), Raid 3 (Stripped set with dedicated parity), Raid 5 (Stripped set with distributed parity), Raid 10 (Mirroring + Striping)
- Transfer rate up to 5.0Gbps via USB 3.0, up to 3.0Gbps via eSATA.
- Smart Fan with built-in thermal-sensor, Auto & Manual modes, and 3 speed levels
- Compatible with Mac OSX 10.8 or later and Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Support 3.5" SATA I / II / III hard disk drive up to 10TB per drive, and up to 4 x 10TB.
Hardware Raid controller built-in on board.
Support hard drive transfer rate up to SATA III 6.0 Gbps (on USB 3.0).
Transfer rate up to 5.0Gbps via USB 3.0 and up to 3.0Gbps via eSATA (SATA II speed).
Raid Mode Support
Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD.
Raid 0 (Stripping).
Raid 1 (Mirroring).
Raid Mode Support
Raid 3 (Stripped set with dedicated parity).
Raid 5 (Stripped set with distributed parity).
Raid 10 (Mirroring + Striping).
1: HFR2-SU3S2 Enclosure.
2: eSATA Cable.
3: USB 3.0 Cable.
4: Power Adapter (Universal).
5: Power Cord (US Type).
6: User Manual.
7: Screw Driver.
8: HDD Handle x 4.
1: Raid Mode is not preset to any mode. Please set up your desired Raid Mode, or the enclosure will turn off after few seconds after it turned on.
2: If this unit is connected to eSATA port, please make sure your computer eSATA port support Port-Multiplier.
3: Mediasonic strongly recommend user to install same capacity / model / brand of hard drive when you are setting Raid Mode. (Except Single Mode).
4: User can download user manual and QIG from official website.
Compare to similar items
This item Mediasonic HFR2-SU3S2 PRORAID 4 Bay 3.5" SATA Hard Drive Enclosure - USB 3.0 & eSATA
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Mediasonic Store||Mediasonic Store||TECHEbeeZ||Mediasonic Store||Mediasonic Store||Mediasonic Store|
|Item Dimensions||6.5 x 5 x 8.5 in||5 x 8.5 x 6.5 in||6.77 x 8.88 x 4.9 in||6.77 x 8.88 x 5.03 in||6.73 x 3.14 x 5.7 in||6.3 x 3.65 x 8.19 in|
Mediasonic HFR2-SU3S2 ProRaid is a 4 Bay Enclosure. The main feature of ProRaid Box is its Hardware Embedded Raid function. It supports RAID 0/1/3/5/10. Support 3.5" SATA I/II/III hard disk drive up to 10TB per drive, Hardware Raid controller built-in on board, Transfer rate up to 5.0Gbps via USB 3.0, Transfer rate up to 6.0Gbps via eSATA
Seller Warranty Description18 Month Warranty from Mediasonic Store.
Top customer reviews
Still works perfectly. have it running 24/7 since i got it. Powers down safely when the UPS is about to lose power when electricity is out.
i needed to add more storage to my Synology DS 410 NAS unit. So i did some internet search and i had the following options:
1-Get another synology unit (a DS 411j costs 359.99) and connect it to my gigabit router
Pros: i get benefits of SHR raid so i can use different disk sizes and brands so I'll save on hard disk costs
cons: will use another port on my router. Also i don't really want to have another synology device to manage on my network and configure on XBMC.
2-Get a synology expansion unit (a dx510 costs 499.99) which would connect through Esata to my ds410
Pros: i get 5 hard disk bays and the benefit of SHR, so again lower initial hard disk cost
cons: expensive , can't have one volume span both ds410 and dx510 so i will have to manage two raid volumes
3-Get a third party cheap raid enclosure (like this mediasonic for 199.99 from amazon) and connect it through Esata to my ds410
Pros: least expensive, offers raid 5 which is the same as SHR if you use one disk brand and size for all bays
cons: was not sure if synology will identify it, high initial HD cost, as you can't add HDs later so i must fill all 4 bays upfront
needless to say i went for option 3 and i'm happy i did.
i bought 3 seagate 7200 3TB hds and reused one that i already had.
i initialized all HDs in GPT in windows, configured them in raid 5 (very straight forward and very quick) then initialized the raid volume (about 8.5 TB) in windows via USB in GPT also.
After doing the above, Synology recognized the device as raid5. i let synology format it as EXT4 and now i have a "SATASHARE" shared volume showing besides my other Synology created shared folders.
The copying speed to Mediasonic is very close to the speeds i get when copying directly to Synology volume, maybe 5 MB/s less but not more.
i suggest this solution to anyone that needs to increase the size of their synology storage for a lot less than buying another synology or official expansion unit.
I recently bought this 4 bay RAID DAS and the competing 5 bay Mobius RAID, which is more something you'd see on JJ Abrams' Star Trek set. Both are surprisingly well-made for such price points. I don't think you can go wrong with either depending on your needs (for 4 or 5 bays).
Edit (April 5, 2017): I downgraded to 4 stars because the front opening drawer is too flimsy, and the internal drive locking mechanism is unreliable. It's all in all flimsy compared to the competing Mobius 5 bay Raid Box that is $80 more expensive. The device works fine, but I think the $80 premium for the Mobius 5 bay RAID is worth it.