Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.49 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Mediasonic ProBox HF2-SU3S2 4 Bay 3.5" SATA HDD Enclosure - USB 3.0 & eSATA Support SATA 3 6.0Gbps HDD transfer speed
|Price:||$99.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Support all brand of 3.5" SATA I / II / III hard disk drive up to 8TB per drive, and up to 4 x 8TB
- Support SATA 3 6.0Gbps hard drive transfer rate
- Transfer rate up to 5.0Gbps via USB 3.0, Transfer rate up to 6.0Gbps via eSATA
- Comptaible with Mac USB 3, Smart Fan Function
- Thermal Sensor built-in, Auto and Manual Mode and One Button Interface selection to switch USB 3.0 or eSATA Interface
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
1 Year Warranty from Mediasonic Store
Top Customer Reviews
* Easy hardware setup -- attach the brackets to the front of the drives, plug them into their slots, close the case
* Attractive, sleek case with blue indicator lights (one each per drive, fan speed, interface, etc.)
* Power cable has 90° bend for security (it's on the side, which may seem like a con, but really, it keeps it from being tugged out unexpectedly)
* Offers (but see cons)... offers two interface types (eSATA 6GB and USB 3.0)
* Supports read speeds as fast as my hard drives attain when inside the computer (134.99 MB/sec). 2014 Nov update: a WD 4.0TB Purple-series drive installed in this device has attained 150MB/sec sustained write with an SSD as its source.
* Ships with all necessary cables and power adapters
* No setup disk required; just plug in and go (this works best for my system with the orange sync mode enabled)
* Very easy to remove from the system in case of an emergency -- let insurance replace the rest, and keep your data drives safe
* Hardware assembly instructions are quite useful and accurate, and will quickly and easily get you to a ready state (but see cons)
* The device offers a sync mode that has a nice 15-second delay then powers off, when the computer is turned off or put into S3 sleep. This avoids unnecessary drive power-cycling cold reboots or brief, mistaken sleep cycles
* The power supply provides adequate power for four drives, even with all in an active state (e.g.Read more ›
I'm using the Mediasonic HF2-SU3S2 on a PC running Vista, which is connected to a Rosewill RC-219 PCI Express eSata SATA II Controller Card ([...]
Only cons I have, though nothing major is:
1. Power connection is on the side, not the back
2. Takes a few seconds for each drive to power up and be recognized.
I'm planning to buy another enclosure for another PC.
Note: According to the documentation, USB 3.0 connections is backware compatible with USB 1.1 & USB 2.0.
Pros: Put 4 x 2TB harddrives in case and they were instantly accessible on Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7 Ultimate, Ubuntu 10.10, and Snow Leopard.
Cons: None so far. (This is the second one I am buying)
This is one of the few enclosures I could find that does not come with some kind of crappy (as in low-end) built-in RAID controller. When using in WHS, it is preferable to *not* use RAID and to let WHS do its folder duplication, so this is perfect and cheap for that purpose. Make sure your eSATA ports can handle a port multiplier or you will only see one drive or none.
None so far. Documentation was a little weak, but not hard to figure out.
I did think it was broken at one point because its default setting is to power down if it does not detect a connection to your PC. When I switched from USB3 to eSATA, I had to tell it to change interfaces (button on front) or it thinks its not connected and powers down. You can also turn off this auto-sync power setting as well. Once I got that figured out, its been perfect!
In shopping around with all these considerations in mind, I am now looking for the versatility of potentially plugging the device into perhaps the USB connector of an Ethernet hub. Wireless might suffice for some implementations; but I want, if performance isn't really satisfactory when operating as an NAS device, to be able to connect directly to the machine. Thus this enclosure fits all these requisites, even at a phenomenally better price as compared to Promise or Data Robotic alternatives.
Just to be sure, I confirmed the following with Mediasonic online support forums:
1. Yes, because the unit *is not* a RAID enclosure, *you can* operate the unit with just one drive (or however many drives). This is a substantial advantage for my use, which largely depends on manual backup and mirroring (in just a few clicks), and otherwise may or may not depend on other, proprietary backup or mirroring technologies, which depend on no more than JBOD.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fairly solid construction. The bay door is not attached solidly (comes completely off when you open it), but honestly this isn't an issue. The four drive bays are nice. Read morePublished 14 hours ago by CB1269
Really want to return but the down time isn't worth it. It's a solid box. My problem is that the description and product photos show it is USB 3 compatible and automatically powers... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Jon Davis
The drive connectors do not line up with the connectors on the motherboard. I found this out too late to return it. This unit is worthless. Do not buy. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Paul_Krue
mediasonic works great. i have 4 bay and 8 bay and love them both for my jbod storage poolsPublished 3 days ago by RTMxp
works great! Easy to install drives and no issues since my install!Published 3 days ago by Chad Torkkola
This unit does not necessarily work well with Apple computers. Since I first installed it the drives would randomly dismount and then mount again some minutes later. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
Using on my sagetvy. HTPC 24/7 for over a year. No problems
Have four HD in unit no heat problems
Just installed the second one of these straight-forward and reasonably priced boxes. First one has 2 HGST 6TB and 2 HGST 4TB drives configured using MS Storage Space as 2-way... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Douglas S. Dickerson