Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on March 6, 2014
Purchased this as a refresher book for a couple of classes I am taking. The book assigned to us was not user friendly.

This book is nicely laid out, informative, useful, and does a great job addressing the subject matter. I am a big fan of the "For Dummies" books. While I would not make the mistake of using this as the only source for a med term class or a job, it is worth buying as a supplement or for clarification. It will make a nice reference/refresher book in my little library. I found Chapter Two to be very interesting. I say all this as someone who has taken quite a few medical terminology classes over the years.
2 people found this helpful
on April 10, 2013
While I'm receiving top notch vocational training accepted by the ADHI From CareerStep, I have gotten to be what has been the most challenging course so far. I also know who vital it is in my research to this field to be able understand medical terminology. The faster you understand a word, the least likely you are to have to look it up and stop dictation and the entire workflow of Medical Transcription Editing. So this is as vital as being handy with a keyboard. I was understanding the online training fine. But I felt it would be helpful to get a back up. I looked at many books. Most were frankly intimidating. So I settled for this one. I am a novice stepping into a new world. So I ordered the edition of Medical Terminology For Dummies for my Kindle Fire HD and to be recalled on Kindle PC if I ever needed too Medical Terminology For Dummies . While purchasing this item I saw one other item that caught my eye as a possible good item to have for study. Especially for the last test of certification! This item to anyone buying this book for perhaps a class on introductory medical terminology was this:

Medical Terminology:The Basics (Quick Study Academic)
on May 3, 2011
In my past life I had been a Certified Athletic Trainer, and had taken medical terminology very early in my career. But I have been a science teacher for 10 years and now find myself lacking work. Thus thoughts of a allied health career again prompted me to purchase this book. I bought the kindle version. This after many years of not working with these terms on a daily basis was the perfect solution to start up again. This book is nice and simple to refresh oneself in (or learn new) medical terminology, worth getting to warm up again. Get the more intense books etc after this one to move forward in one's level of medical terminology.
Great buy.
9 people found this helpful
on November 16, 2012
I bought this book to get a basic understanding of Medical Terminology. I work in the Medical Field - but I don't directly with patients or in situations in which alot of medical terminology is used. Because I work in a medical setting (analysis work and help desk support) some medical terminology is needed for my job. I bought this and got me ready to take the basic medical terminology test for my place of employment.

It is alot of pages on a Kindle but worth it because it is written in easy to understand language for people who may just want to learn some medical terminology for their own personal use without having to feel as though they are at a disadvantage because they have no medical background or training.
on September 21, 2012
I have to give credit where credit is due. If it were not for this book I very much doubt I would have passed my first I am currently a Pharmacy Technician student where a Medical Terminology (MT) course is mandatory. This book has become a constant companion to the assigned MT text book. Having it on my Amazon Kindle Fire makes it readily available to study where and when ever I happen to have a free moment it. Medical Terminology is a big bite to swallow - list upon lists of words and definitions to memorize. MT for Dummies breaks it all down into more digestible bites. I would highly recommend this book to for any student in a medical field where MT is required, or even if it is just something you want to gain a bit more knowledge of.
on September 24, 2014
My boyfriend actually took this to help study (he's in med school) and he has found it very helpful, I would strongly suggest getting this if going into a medical field, it's impressive to teachers, doctors and future schools when you can use the correct terminology and it is very helpful when learning in class.
on March 22, 2014
This book has been a great tool for me. I have learned in a very easy way many words, or how to understand new words that I find in my work as an interpreter and translator. I do not give it five stars because I think it misses good pictures. The few that it has are very schematic and with no color. Other than that, it is great.
on April 11, 2014
Awesome resource! I have learned a ton with this book alone and have found it so easy to read and understand. Iam beginning a medical coding class soon and wanted to freshen up on my terminology. I am SO glad that I did, because there were so many words that I needed to learn and this book prepared me excellently! Thank you!!!
on January 9, 2015
Love the book. Just what I wanted to help me with my medical coding class. Price was right too. đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
on March 9, 2017
I loved this book, really got into it. thanks.