- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1 edition (December 26, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118343077
- ISBN-13: 978-1118343074
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 27 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #532,298 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Medical Transcription For Dummies 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
- Navigate medical transcription training
- Explore opportunities in this exciting field
- Use your healthcare experience to make extra money as a medical transcriptionist
The fast track to starting a career in medical transcription
With guidance on getting through training and certification and exploring opportunities within this rapidly growing field, Medical Transcription For Dummies gives you everything you need to get started in medical transcription. Whether used as a classroom supplement or a desk reference, students and professionals alike can benefit from Medical Transcription For Dummies.
- Medical transcription 101 take an in-depth look at what MTs do on a daily basis, what it takes to break into the field, and the crucial (and correct) training you need
- If you build it discover and build the technical skills at the heart of a successful medical transcription career, from mastering medical terminology to formatting medical reports following industry standards
- Put on your reporter's hat get a detailed tour of the "Big Four" family of reports (each with its own chapter) and how to transcribe them
- Get to work find tips and advice to help you choose and land your first medical transcription job and the one after that
- Arm yourself with allies turn to the glossary, examples, and sample reports for a unique cross-section of references that are every MT's trusted friend
Open the book and find:
- Tips for navigating the certification course
- Tricks for coping with mumbly mouthed dictators
- Common myths about medical transcription
- The technical details of outfitting a home office
- Important financial considerations
- Job prospects and employment options
- How to manage on-the-job issues
- What to expect whether working fro m home or in an office
About the Author
Anne Martinez is an experienced medical transcriptionist who has written more than 100 articles for such publications as Contract Professional, USA Today Magazine, Career Woman, and Parenting.