Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Taoist Meditation and Longevity Techniques (Michigan Monographs in Chinese Studies) Paperback – January 1, 1989
|New from||Used from|
Best Books of the Year So Far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
A careful reading of the book yields information on alchemy, the Chinese understanding of mind-body relations, human anthropology, cosmology, esoteric and exoteric textual analysis, ethics and self-cultivation. Several essays include diagrams and translations of important texts, and though the reader will find Chinese characters throughout the book, paranthetical translations or inclusive explanations aid the general reader in deciphering technical information and unfamiliar concepts. Though academic in its character and style, the reader does not need to be an expert in the field to gain insights from this book. I used much of the information from the essays to open additional venues for research. A good index and reference sections for further reading accompany each essay.
I include here the table of contents:
1. Yoshinobu Sakade: "Longevity Techniques in Japan: Ancient Sources and Contemporary Studies"
2. Hidemi Ishida: "Body and Mind: The Chinese Perspective"
3. Akira Akahori: "Drug Taking and Immortality"
4. Toshiaki Yamada: "Longevity Techniques and the Compilation of the 'Lingbao wufuxu'"
5. Livia Kohn: "Gaurding the One: Concentrative Meditation in Taoism"
6.Read more ›