Other Sellers on Amazon
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
The Mediterranean Diet Cookbook for Two: 100 Perfectly Portioned Recipes for Healthy Eating Paperback – April 14, 2020
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
From the Publisher
Savor 100 Mediterranean diet dishes perfectly portioned for two
The Mediterranean diet is delicious, and studies show it can help with heart disease and weight management. Enjoy the health benefits and fresh flavors of the Mediterranean diet with recipes designed to simplify prep, minimize leftovers, and help you spend more time enjoying your meals together.
Make every meal Mediterranean, with dishes including:
Breakfast: Strawberry Basil Honey Ricotta Toast
Ricotta cheese isn’t just for lasagna! It’s a great source of protein and full of calcium with a flavor that pairs with both sweet and savory.
Lunch: Pan-Roasted Wild Cod with Tomatoes, Olives, and Artichokes
Even though cod is very lean and low in fat, it still adds a healthy serving of omega-3 fatty acids to your diet.
Dinner: Dinner: Shrimp with Arugula Pesto and Zucchini Noodles
This low-carb, veggie-packed meal preps in only 20 minutes and cooks in just 5, for a quick, weeknight-friendly meal.
And don’t forget dessert:
Spiced Baked Pears with Mascarpone
Pears are such a treat when they’re in season, but sometimes they take a while to ripen, and it’s hard to know when they’re perfectly ripe. As a result, they tend to get squeezed and bruised too often. The trick is to give them a gentle squeeze on their neck. When the neck yields to gentle pressure, it’s ready.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and set the rack to the middle position. Grease a small baking dish. 2. Cut the pears in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the core from each piece. Place the pears with the cut side up in the baking dish. 3. Combine 1 tablespoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, ginger, and coriander in a small bowl. Pour this mixture evenly over the pear halves.
4. Sprinkle walnuts over the pear halves.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pears are golden and you’re able to pierce them easily with a knife.
6. While the pears are baking, mix the mascarpone cheese with the remaining 2 teaspoons honey, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Stir well to combine.
7. Divide the mascarpone among the warm pear halves and serve.
- 2 ripe pears, peeled
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup minced walnuts
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- Pinch salt
About the Author
Anne Danahy, MS, RDN, is a registered dietitian who specializes in integrative nutrition, disease prevention, and healthy aging. With more than 25 years of experience, Anne works with individuals and groups, as well as brands and the media, to inspire her audience to eat better and live vibrantly. Find Anne at CravingSomethingHealthy.com.
- Publisher : Rockridge Press (April 14, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 212 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1646115953
- ISBN-13 : 978-1646115952
- Item Weight : 1.11 pounds
- Dimensions : 7.5 x 0.58 x 9.25 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #3,369 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Mediterranean breakfast pizza
Savory parmesan oatmeal
Strawberry caprese skewers
Fig and arugula salad
Grilled egpplant Stacks
Beet and carrot fritters with yogurt sauce
pistachio-crusted white fish
Chocolate turtle dessert hummus