Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Meet Me At Père Lachaise: a guided tour of Père Lachaise Cemetery
Format: Paperback|Change

on November 21, 2012
This book was so much better than I expected. I had bought it to see the
final resting place of a kindred spirit & muse Jim Morrison. I was 14 yrs. old when
"The Doors" music started to be known.
Unfortunely, I wasn't old enough to appreciate the poetry of its lead singer
Jim Morrison. Fast forward 44 yrs and I was again drawn to listen to this music with
a mature mind, spirit & ears. His presence has been with me for 6 months. What does
this mean? As I writer, teacher & poet, he comes back into my life at the perfect time.
If you are not a fan of Jim Morrison, this book has the greatest composers, musicians
opera singers & famous writers & poets included. Their pictures, lifes & resting place are shown in
great detail.
A wonderful trip.
on December 3, 2017
What a wonderful book. So complete and informative. I was in Paris in September 2017 and did not visit Pere Lachaise. Thanks to this book I will when I return in 2018. I contact d the authors and was directed to purchase the audio CD ... I am listening and studying and reading. I will be prepared for my visit,
on July 16, 2017
Visited this site many times, wish there were more to it, it hardly scratches the surface.
on September 19, 2017
Looking forward to our visit to Pere Lachaise better educated because of the book!
on November 13, 2012
We used this as a guide when visiting this interesting place in Paris. I'm not one to visit cemeteries so I was luke warm towards spending the afternoon there. Afterall, when you think Paris, it's the Eiffel Tower, Seine, Notre Dame that come to mind. To my surprise, this was a unique and surreal experience...not your typical graveyard. This guide made it even better by helping us not only locate the graves of people like Oscar Wilde and Jim Morrison, but also tell us a short story about it. A Sunday afternoon when much of Paris is closed down, is a great time to visit.
on April 24, 2017
details only a few of the many gravesite and tales of this legendary Paris site
on April 25, 2015
Bought this for my mother who has been to Pere Lachaise. She loved it. The book has lots of photos and good background on those buried here. Photos are very well done.
on October 22, 2014
This book was truly enchanting. All the small stories were just wonderful. The pictures were also wonderful - this book was a joy to read. And makes one want to visit this historical cemetery. Highly recommend.
on March 6, 2014
I really liked this book. Lots of very nice photos. And, comprehensive biographies of the permanent residents - many of them very famous. A must for anyone who likes cemeteries.
on September 29, 2014
have truly enjoyed this book. pictures are great and quotes from truly famous people superb'.