Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: DVD|Change
Price:$4.08+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 173 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 591 reviews
on May 10, 2017
I heard that this was a remake of a much more edgier, darker comedy. I'm not surprised. The material should be fabulous but instead it was played out like standard issue Hollywood cinema. Don't get me wrong. This is a comedy and I laughed hard on many occassions. But it's not quite funny enough. All of the gags are physical-comedy style and the only humorous dialogue revolved around the name "Greg Focker." Boy that joke got old. I think if the characters had been given more individual personalities, this could have played like a funnier version of a Woody Allen movie. Instead, the characters are all pretty one-note, particularly Pam and her mother, who could have been given some choice one-liners at certain moments in the film but instead are the straight characters to DeNiro and Stiller. DeNiro, too, was good but just not great. Everything about the movie is a close miss, although it will make loads of money. I wish the original, which was never theatrically released, would be available on video or DVD.
on January 6, 2016
This movie remains one of the funniest movies I have ever watched. I had it on VHS when it first released, many years ago. It has been a long time since I have owned a working VHS player, and it's been quite a while since I watched this movie. My wife and I were recounting a few of the funny scenes from the movie, a few weeks ago, and I decided it was time to watch it (and own it) again. After watching it, again, I still found it to be quite hysterical. This is one comedy almost everyone will enjoy!
on September 10, 2015
I can't recommend this movie enough. If you're looking for a fun comedy with interesting and memorable characters, then look no further. The dynamic between Greg (Ben Stiller) and Jack (Robert De Niro) really carries this movie, with one misfortune or misunderstanding after another leading to some pretty funny situations that (thankfully) never feel completely over-the-top. That fact alone broadens the appeal of this movie, arguably even to the point that I'd probably recommend it to people who generally aren't so into comedies.
This is worth watching just to view DeNiro's facial expressions. Ben Stiller is amusing as well. Fun plot, and cohesive story-line. Watched it again for the second time with my son and we laughed through it.
on March 6, 2017
What else to say? Great movie and wanted a copy for myself. I would buy again if and when needed.
on May 19, 2017
Amazingly funny and timeless. This is a great movie!
on July 29, 2015
This might be the best comedy I have ever seen until now! It's all the awful events one after the other that makes you laugh so much and at the same time, feel sorry for poor Greg
on March 9, 2017