Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 4,458 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,914 reviews
on February 12, 2014
i bought these blocks in preparation for my growing baby! I have a 4 month old, and even though he is not quite ready to play "build" with these blocks, they are a great product to start him on... when he gets older we'll probably upgrade to legos, but These Mega Blocks are great for babies that put everything in their mouths! easy to grip as well. and "fun for the parents!"
review image
22 comments| 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2017
We purchased the Mega Blocks First Builders Big Building Blocks for my one year old daughter and they have been a huge hit! She loves putting them together and taking them apart. The plastic is very smooth, and the blocks are the perfect size for a toddler (no choking hazards as far as I can tell - all of the pieces are pretty large). I love the zippered case they came in with a handle that makes putting away and transporting these a breeze. The colors are also really nice and I'm sure we will get many of hours of play from these.
on December 8, 2014
Long story short, I bought these for my 15 month old. It was a good price, convenient bag (reinforced fabric with stitched plastic handle and plastic zipper) and basic enough kit. The overall thickness of the blocks are fine in terms of durability and smooth edges. The biggest gripe I have is the fact that half the blocks do not hold. In other words, if you create something more than a couple layers, you need to pick it from the bottom. Creations fall apart too easy. I think in hindsight, I would have paid an extra 5 or 10 bucks for Lego Duplo kits. Lego has been the leader in this arena and I'm sure they have the experience to make more solid building blocks....as for this, ehhh - nice try, no cigar
on December 30, 2013
This is a great "first" set of building blocks!

They seem to be of good quality, come in bright colors, and this set has enough pieces for a kid to actually build some fun stuff. They are also much bigger than Lego or Duplo blocks, so even smaller kids can manipulate them. The "car" piece is a nice bonus (and my daughter's favorite to play with!) The bag is also sturdy enough to store the blocks for a long time.

My daughter is 16 months and can grab the blocks and place one on top of the other. She needs a little help pushing them down so they really "lock" together, but she will master that soon enough.

There are only a few toys I would recommend as "must-haves," but I think just about any kid would have fun with these. I will also be giving these out as gifts to other parents once their kids reach about 18-24 months or so.

Highly recommended!
on May 5, 2016
Have a child boy who has played with Mega Bloks since age 2; he is now 4. This pink bag has the similar assortment to the blue bag of the same quantity.

Note that many pieces are the single size pieces - not useful for much. But that happens in any Mega Bloks package.

We own 3 80-pack blue bags, 1 80-pack pink bag, 1 150-pack bag, and roughly 100 more pieces. We have enough to build a few large things and also a fort roughly 30" square by 30" tall - large enough for the 4-year old child to fit into.

Blocks are fun, but the really get fun when you have 600+ pieces to build huge structures.
on June 30, 2014
I love these blocks so much, I bought two more sets as gifts. They were a hit for both birthday parties and were the first toy opened by the kids.

From the day that I gave my son Mega Bloks, he has loved them. I bought them when he was 9 months old, and he started just chewing on the bag and clanking the pieces together, noticing the bright colors. He wasn't putting the pieces together, but I enjoyed playing with these WITH HIM much more than busy beads (I'm sure all of you parents have been there).

As time progressed (He is a year now) he started handing me pieces to put into our creation, and he started getting excited and tearing my hard work apart, and now he is starting to be able to fit them together. At 1 year old! Enough of the proud momma gush.

I love these blocks and will probably make them my go to birthday present for 2 year olds. There are a variety of colors and shapes, and they are great for all ages
on June 30, 2014
I love these blocks so much, I bought two pink sets as gifts. They were a hit for both birthday parties and were the first toy opened by the kids.

on November 20, 2016
Exactly what my baby needs to teething. Joking. Well, not really. It took me around 20 minutes to wash all of them but it was worth it. Baby loves them. She's a bit small to understand how to play with them (11 months) but she's doing a great job of pulling them apart and seems to think that's its purpose. She's actually having a blast doing it over and over. Highly reccomding!
on January 4, 2017
I ordered these blocks for my son's friend's second birthday. Additionally, I ordered the blue set for Christmas last year. It has been a hit in our house. The pieces are so big and easy for a toddler to hold. He uses the blocks as trains and enjoys making bridges with them. The set also comes with a little platform on wheels, which is fun for him to use as a car. This bag has been easy for me to carry from one room to the other and does not take up TOO much space. I recommend this for 1-3 yr. olds.
on February 6, 2014
These blocks are really wonderful!! They are entertaining for children of all ages.

Pros:
1. They are easy to grasp and come in an assortment of primary colors.
2. You can play a lot of games with the colors and size.
2. There is a wheeled block which is always the first to be made into a tower
3. The bag makes for easy clean-up; no more stepping on blocks!
4. Online you can look up the designs to make different things.

Cons:
I don't have any!!

Since owning these blocks we have played with them every day, and they have been loads of fun. There are many ways that you can make it educational and start working on numbers and colors with your little one. I would highly recommend them and if you are looking for a gift for someone these are great!