Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 12, 2014
i bought these blocks in preparation for my growing baby! I have a 4 month old, and even though he is not quite ready to play "build" with these blocks, they are a great product to start him on... when he gets older we'll probably upgrade to legos, but These Mega Blocks are great for babies that put everything in their mouths! easy to grip as well. and "fun for the parents!"
review image
22 comments| 181 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 2, 2017
Determined to be the 'cool' aunt I'm mostly waiting for the family's first nephew to grow up enough to buy REALLY cool stuff for. The baby stage has left me nonplussed as far as interesting things, This, was actually a hit. When he's older he will be getting books and science kits and creation toys out the yinyang but I was determined that I not just get him some colorful thing that makes noise for Christmas. I was thrilled to find blocks that were big enough to a 1year old to be safe with and are really something he can grow along with as these are 1-5. The kit contains enough to make the giraffe that's on the package (his dad is a big kid and had to find out immediately so dad and grandpa had fun after the nephew passed out asleep. Still Elliott seemed to enjoy these and they held his attention pretty well. He is 13 months and while he isn't quite able to pull locked bricks apart on his ownh e has grasped putting them together, and I think he and Dad will be building things in no time. We will probably add several bags of blocks to his collection as soon as he knows what hes doing a little better. At the price I see now reason not to get him a giant Rubbermaid tub to fill with them.

on August 7, 2017
The Bloks are blocks, pretty straightforward product and they nailed it. However, Playskool fell frustratingly short when it came to the packaging department. Ordinarily, I would not care about the packaging, however in this case it is A) associated with a toy for very small children (i.e., visual learners) and B) the package is intended to contain the product for its life duration, so is kind of part of the product (i.e., unlike a cardboard box that is immediately discarded). My issue is that the structures and figures pictured on the package cannot be replicated by the Bloks that came with the package, which is very frustrating when you are trying to help teach a child to LEARN how to build something, as opposed to just stacking things randomly (which as its own merits, but need both).

I got this set for my 2 year old niece who excitedly dumped the contents on the floor, pointed to the giraffe and asked for my help in building it. I was thrilled that she was so keen and I set upon the floor to work with her to find the right pieces. Almost immediately I noticed almost none of the pieces inside the bag matched those pictured and then realized how extremely difficult it was going to be to point to a shape and teach her to look for that shape but in another color because Playskool had put zero thought into the package. I gave them the benefit of the doubt that it was just this front giraffe but when I tried to made the amorphous item on the back I quickly ran into the same problem. Keep in mind this is a 2 year old, so COLOR and SHAPE are pretty critical and their getting one of the two right is a pretty great start.

Given the amount of technical information Playskool put in the Amazon ad about teaching different age groups different skills, I thought this would have been a more useful gift. But it was not.

Nonetheless, I give it a solid 3, if all you want are the blocks, in the bag, there are blocks.
on April 29, 2016
I purchased this set for my 16 month old son to play with while we visit my parents for a month. I will always be buying a set for our home because my son loves it! It comes with a vehicle platform with wheels they can build on and plenty of blocks to learn to stack and build other fun projects. I even teach him counting and colors with the block and love they are so large I don't have to fear him choking on small parts. You cannot go wrong buying this block set!
I purchased this product full price and this review is based on my experience with the product.
on September 7, 2016
I bought these for my son when he turned 1 but he really started using them now that he's about 2 years and a half. the colors are really bright, the blocks are large and its easy for him to understand and build but I feel like he's learning and building something new every day!! its one of my favorite things to buy for kids. each one of my siblings (I have 5) including myself have all had a set in our childhood and I would buy one for my daughter too! CREATIVITY IS EVERYTHING!

ill update this review with pictures and maybe a video :)
on September 15, 2016
I gave these to my daughter a month before her 2nd birthday and she plays with them all the time! I was worried because she isn't interested in too many toys yet, but over the past month I have noticed that she will select a different sized block each time and normally try to stack all of those together (picture attached). I will say her absolute other favorite part is when she wants to play with them she brings them to me in the bag (the one provided that they come in, which is sturdy and has a zipper) and I'll unzip it and she picks it up and flips it over and has fun shaking and dumping them out all over the floor.
review image
on March 29, 2017
bought this for my daughter though she is just 6 months old.
Huge blocks are safe for baby.
Smooth edges and surface.
Beautiful color.
Easy to push on and pull off.
No that plastic smell.

I can't wait to play with my little girl!
review imagereview imagereview image
on March 1, 2017
I bought three bags of the pink set and already had a few sets in the other colors. Every morning I build a magnificent structure and then my one year old tears it down like a tiny Godzilla. I tried to buy more, but apparently there's a limit and they will no longer sell to me? Now that I've spent $10 three times for the pink set, I don't want to pay $15 or $20 for the other colors. Thanks, jerks.
VINE VOICEon July 22, 2014
We got these for our 8 month old grandson. We were looking for something that he would be attracted to. He likes my cell phone and anything he can get his hands on but we noticed he goes for colorful things the most. And we wanted to get something that would help him learn. So while he is a bit young to be building things, he loves to play with this big pile of colorful blocks. It is interesting to watch him look at the pieces with great curiosity, we don't think it will be long when he starts putting them together.

The Mega Bloks are easy to fit together and take apart and big enough the child won't be able to choke on them. There are several colors and styles to tap the child's creativity. And they're easy to put away with the handy zipped bag.

If you want to get your child started with construction blocks you can't go wrong with these.
on January 20, 2016
These blocks were everything we need them to be. Our two year old loves to build them up on the "car" that comes inside.. And push it around the house. The colors are nice and vibrant. These are large enough for his little fingers to hold onto.
We are having a blast during family time!
We may buy another set just so he's not fighting over them with my husband!!!
review imagereview image