Mega Memory Card
|Price:||$74.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Stores up to 100 game saves
- For use with Game Boy Color, Game Boy Pocket & Game Boy
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. It often glitches out like there is not a good connection to the cartridge/gameboy. Removing and reinserting a few times solved the issue
2. The plastic at the end of the cartridge came warped so it needs to be pressed together in order to insert into GB slot
3. This device will not work with original gameboy systems because there is not a notch where the power switch slides over to lock in the corner of a GB cartridge. I am able to use it fine with my SP, cannot speak to the other system.
4. !!!! After restoring an earlier save of my game in order to catch some pokemon earlier in the game all my saves were not shown in the mega memory card restore menu. I had lost over 20hrs of play. By dumb luck I saved the game again using the same name as I had before in the second slot where my good save was and when I restored from that save my original good save was restored. Do not ask me why this worked but it did. Safe to say I will not be putting much faith in this device to swap back and forth from saves frequently, if I do it will only be after <hour of play.
It has nice instructions that are easy to follow. The shell of the device is pretty sturdy. However, the slot you plug the game cartridge into seems a little fragile so just be gentle with it. I have saved about 10 different games to it already and the only problems I came across were due to the cartridges and not this device. I have tested the delete game save function for deleting the save data ON THE GAME CARTRIDGE and not the mega memory card, and it successfully deleted all save data on my Donkey Kong Land III cartridge. After I deleted the save data I tested the restore feature on the game and it worked perfectly.
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to make sure that their save data for all of their Gameboy and Gameboy Color games lasts for decades. I would NOT recommend using this on games with a rumble feature, like Pokémon Pinball, because I believe that doing that will eventually break this device by putting too much stress on the cartridge slot. Trust me I feel like I'm going to break it just putting normal games into it sometimes.
The box states it's compatible with the original gameboy, however I can't get it to work with the original. The power button won't slide when the Mega Memory card is in it. The original gameboy had a little piece of plastic that holds the cart in on the little notch in the corner (THAT'S what that's for!) but the mega memory card blocks where the piece slides. Oh well, still works great with my Gameboy Pocket, Color, Advance, and Advance SP!
One thing to note - I lost 60 pictures because I went to "RESET". I thought that meant it would do a soft reset to the gameboy but it resets the MMC to factory! GONE! ALL 60! Oh well, live and learn. Whoever said that the menu is confusing must be pretty slow, I didn't have to use the manual. It's all pretty self explanatory!
Probably going to pick up a few more!
I would definitely recommend this to anyone worrying about losing data to old batteries.