Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Ten things I find great about this movie:
1) The hero, Jason Fitch, steps off the plane, a scientist (80s pop star Tiffany) stops him and explains the danger of the Mega Piranha, and he believes her!
2) The hero: He never changes his expression, and always wears black. Even when he is sneaking around in broad daylight he is wearing black! There is a montage of him sneaking into the government base in daylight, and at one point he is about ten feet up, straddling the pathway (and dressed in black), and the guards do not even see him.
3) Fitch lying on his back and using bicycle kicks to fend off the attacking Mega Piranha.
4) Another reviewer noted the inconsistancies of the background shots from out of the car windows, but what about the jungle? The river where the Mega Piranha live is surrounded by dense jungle; but when the two scientists visit it it is scrub and looks like the hills surrounding Los Angeles.
5) Regarding the two scientists, I love the part when they watch a Venezuelan soldier being eaten by the Mega Piranha. There are several cuts between the attack and one horrified scientist trying to run and help while being restrained by the other scientist. The acting and the length of the scene make it hilarious. Did they just repeat the shots of the scientists?
6) Another gaffe I did not notice reviewed is the US naval ship. From far away it looks like some kind of frigate, but when it fires, and later when it sinks, it is obviously a battleship.Read more ›
Freakin' Tiffany screwed up a fish experiment, and basically made Piranha breed at mega rates, mega speed and mega size. Like every hour goes buy, they range from small fish, to kickable size, then land loving human size, and then flying 18 wheeler size, destroying not only boats, but crashing into skyscrapers and hotels. Brilliant!
Of course you start out with some boobies, and a few more boobies, and some gushes of blood because woman love to go swimming topless in murky water of course. But we gradually get to the impossible to escape period of growth where the fish just simply chomp down boats in layers and then eventually just swallow them as the become "mega".
There is not one bit of acting to be found here, and that's just fantastic. Paul Logan pretty much did his Keanu Reeves school of method acting so spot on, that he actually sounds like him. Whether he's kicking or punching fish, we're just rooting for his abs and can't help to throw in a few "whoa! dude!Read more ›
Our story begins with the US Ambassador to Venezuela joining a foreign minister and a bevy of bikini-clad young ladies on a leisurely sail through the middle of the jungle. Suddenly, a school of super piranhas attack, sinking the boat and eating everyone who was on it. Of course, no one else knows what happened. While the Venezuelan government claims it was a terrorist attack, Secretary of State Bob Grady sends his top Special Forces guy, Jason Fitch (Paul Logan), down there to find out what really happened.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Released in 2010, “Mega Piranha” chronicles events when a mutant strain of increasingly-growing piranha escape from the Amazon Basis to threaten Florida. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Wuchak
While it's no Sharknado, this movie was amazing in its own way. It is the perfect movie if you are into movies that are so bad they are funny. We laughed the entire time. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Megatron Has Fallen
Best picture ever!!! This want-to-be horror film turned gut-busting comedy is a must see, must own video. Read morePublished 13 months ago by AW