Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 178 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 185 reviews
on June 18, 2013
I spent a long time hmmming and hawing over this purchase. I really wanted the OEM Panasonic case for my LX7, but at $65 here on Amazon, it was just too expensive. I compared the aftermarket cases for this camera and examined photographs closely. This was the winner for apparent quality and design. And it lived up to expectations.

I was worried that it would block some of the screen or controls in the back, but this is not an issue at all. This case fits almost perfectly (screw mount is slightly out of alignment with the hole on the bottom of the camera--but it works), and is of as high-quality materials as one can imagine, given that this is *not* a leather case. The prospective purchaser should be aware that the vast majority of the cases on Amazon for the LX7 are not real leather. You can tell a case is real leather on here if it costs a fortune. The real leather cases on Amazon are all >$50, and some are $100+.

For $15, this case represents an excellent value, as it fits pretty well, is well-made (sturdier than I expected!), and looks very nice. (I have the white LX7 and I bought the light brown case--the color of a well-worn baseball glove). One thing: as expected, the strap is made of vinyl, and looks it. I will likely be upgrading to a proper, padded camera strap though, so this is of little import, at least to me.

If you are on the fence, take my advice and go for it. This is a good value, and a decent case--especially for this price. I did, and I have no regrets.

Note: you will have to remove the case to access the battery/SD card compartment and the ports, as is the norm with all cases of this type for this camera (I was unable to find one that did not require this).

---

UPDATE: After several months of hard use, this case has held up remarkably well. No evidence of wear. I get compliments on it, as well. Note: Do not attach the camera to a tripod with the bottom of the case on. The knob on the case is threaded to allow you to do this, but getting it off the tripod mount afterwards is a nightmare. Just take it out of the case--trust me.
on August 2, 2013
I first bought one of these cases in black for a new LX7. When I received it, I found that it was a perfect match for my older LX5 (which I'm giving to my daughter) - when I bought that camera 3 years ago you couldn't get a case like this for under $120 so I made do with a small caselogic.

The remainder of this review is a copy/paste from my review of the black case; note that I have bought two of these cases now (one black for the LX7, one dark brown for the LX5).

INSTALLATION:
There's a knurled "nut" with tripod threading on the bottom of the case; you put your camera in the case, and turn this nut, and it attaches the camera to the case via the camera's tripod mount.

OPERATION:
The case closes with a snap that's on the bottom of the case. Once unsnapped, the front of the case pulls up over the front of the camera, rotating on the two snaps which are at the sides of the camera near its base. As mentioned, the case is snug (especially being brand-new) so it takes a little bit of encouragement to have the cover fully rotate behind and below the camera, but it does do so and allows FULL access to the back of the camera. Repeat - full access - there are no buttons covered, and the entire LCD is visible with the case open.

I expect that with some use, opening the case will become easier.

Note that by design, the battery/memory compartment is covered when the camera is installed in the case, as is the USB/HDMI access. It takes all of about 6 seconds to remove the camera from the case though, so if you do need to access these spots (what, once a week?) it's hardly a deal breaker - not even worth a tenth of a star in my book.

Note that the camera will not fit in the case with an auto lens cap installed as the width of that lens cap is significantly larger than the original lens.
on April 27, 2013
This case doesn't have an opening for the camera's battery compartment, requiring you to remove the half-case portion in order to change batteries, but for the price I'm totally willing to put up with that. The case is well-made and fits the LX7 nicely, I'm impressed with the quality of the included strap, and it's extremely comfortable to hold the camera with the case mounted.

The front covering is obviously more for travel and protection while the camera's in your bag, but it snaps on and off easily and has never gotten in the way. I leave the bottom half-case portion on at all times, now--I get a lot of comments on the look of the camera with the case attached, and it's much easier to grip than plastic which makes shooting photos much more comfortable.

If the camera compartment covering is a deal-breaker for you I suppose you could get a Gariz half-case, but then you'd be spending over three times as much. Personally, I don't mind removing the covering to change batteries, as it's something I do at most once a day. I'm very satisfied with this purchase.
on June 2, 2017
Handsome looking and protects camera quite well. Leather looks almost real and has character.

My only complaint is that the strap doesn't have some sort of brass looking clips to match the snaps and rings on the case. Instead, there is the leather strap partially pictured, then black nylon straps with black plastic buckles like the OEM camera.. A pair of small brass swivel hooks or lobster type hooks or something similar would have looked much better. I attached an example of one type with a 5/8" eye opening, (the strap is about 7/8" wide). These are on Amazon and described as "Okones Pack of 2Pcs, 5/8''Eye Inner,1-4/7''OAL,Solid Brass Ring Lobster Clasp Claw Lobster Snap Lanyard Hook Lobster Claw Clasp" They cost almost as much as the case, but would look really good. Also, some sort of shoulder pad for the strap would be nice.
review image
on December 12, 2012
The actual casing material is bi-cast leather (google it) which looks and feels like leather because it's part leather. The neck strap is more like vinyl. The tripod mount hardware looks and feels cheaply painted with stainless steel coating. But don't get me wrong for $29 it's not a bad deal. If you want top notch quality case, there's Gariz. But cost is prohibitive, at least for me. Functionally the camera case is sufficiently protecting my LX7 when I put it in my messenger bag or sling over my shoulder when walking about. Aesthetically, I think it's retro super cool. I've had other people curiously asked me what's in the case. I'm keeping it.
on December 7, 2012
Fits and functions flawlessly with my LX-7. For a $25 form-fitting leather case, it leaves nothing to be desired in value or workmanship.

Note that with the addition of the LX-7 Auto Lens Cap from Goja Digital Auto Lens Cap for PANASONIC LUMIX DMC LX7 LX-7, LEICA D-LUX 6 + MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth, the case does *not* fit properly, nor would it be expected to.
on August 2, 2013
When I bought an LX5 almost 3 years ago, I looked high and low for a case like this - Panasonic made one for the Japan market, but you couldn't get it in USA except for about $120 on eBay - and I'm not going to spend another 33% of the price of a camera for a case.

I bought this particular case for my new LX7, and when it came (ordered on a Friday and received the following Monday) I tried it on the older LX5 and found (unsurprisingly) that it fit perfectly. I promptly ordered another one (in dark brown) for the LX5 which is being gifted to my daughter.

INSTALLATION:

OPERATION:

I expect that with some use, opening the case will become easier.

on July 9, 2013
Five stars for the product but -- Issues with the pictures. The black camera case is represented by two different picture sets. One of the MegaGear case, the top four, and another of a case without the strap holders as part of the lower half of the case. (for better pictures of the MegaGear see the dark brown one. All the pics are correct.) The one without the strap holders is sold by RainbowImaging for about twelve dollars. I made the mistake of ordering that one first.

The cheaper case had a weaker, less leather like feel and did not fit the camera well. The top was just a flap that went over it and attempts to "mold" it to shape were unsuccessful. It also has a unneeded "vent" ring at the bottom. I returned this case and ordered the MegaGear case..

I know I'm reviewing two cases but I feel it may help buyers decide if the higher price of the MegaGear is justified as in the pictures they seem almost the same and the picture error needs fixing.

The MegaGear is a perfect fit and because of the stitching around the top holds its shape. The Leather product seems stronger and more like pure leather. The strap hooks allow you to use the bottom half with the camera supported by the case, not the camera. Or you can remove the camera and have it unencumbered by a strap. It's really MUCH better than the cheaper one and well worth the higher cost.

One more bit of information. I was never able to find a pic of the back of the case. The cutout, on the MG case, covers the screen completely. Also one might think that given the position of the lower snaps, the top half of the case would pivot around and hang below. The problem is that the rear, bottom edge comes to a point when it hits the lens on the front side and it won't drop further down. Not a problem of the case, just the way it is. Hope this has been of help.

A year later and they still have the wrong case in the last picture. Really like the case!
on April 26, 2015
It's just OK .. not great for the money in my opinion. They tried to copy the Zenness but they failed. When you unsnap and flip the case back for access to the screen the snaps on the sides tend to pop because the case does not want to clear the bottom (the case is too small). On a windy day there is a good chance the top half of the case could depart .. and depending on your location (ship - bridge - etc) you could find yourself watching 1/2 of your camera case floating in the river or sea. So like a lot of things these days .. it looks great .. but it's flawed. A little more time on the drawing board by someone with a brain and they might have something worth a 3 star rating. I do believe the solution would be to make the case just a bit larger so that when you swing the top 1/2 back it would clear the bottom of the case .. but of course that would require more material .. more material = more money ... Even something as simple as a leash for the top 1/2 of the case might earn another star. ... just my opinion .. I sent mine back and bought a Zenness. PS The Mega Gear is more expensive than the Zenness .. so go figure.
review image review image review image review image
on August 1, 2015
Not exactly as I expected. The bottom portion is too tight for the LX7 and did not fit properly -- I couldn't manage to attach the camera with the turn screw that is permanently attached to the camera bag, for fear of damaging the camera. I unattached the bottom portion so that I can use the top part of the bag to protect the camera until I can find a better replacement. If the turn screw could be removed than I might be able to get the camera in the bag. Although it is made of leather as advertised, I would not buy again because of the fit. Disappointed.