Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 96 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 102 reviews
on August 1, 2012
I ordered this item in spite of some reviews that suggested it didn't fit exactly perfectly. Right out of the box it went on easily and fits perfectly on my new Canon G1X. There was some suggestion about how the case when still attached gets in the way when shooting. That comment confused me until yesterday when I had the same experience for the first time. I wondered why I had not had this problem with the case at any other time. What I realized is that what I normally do is unsnap the single snap but in my rush yesterday I unsnapped the two snaps. Apparently this does allow the cover to get in the way when shooting at certain times. It probably would still not have been a problem if I were not trying to reach into an awkard place with one hand. The other option was for me to simply take the case off in this situation. Bottom line...it is not a real problem. The case itself looks very nice and protects my camera which is why I made the purchase. It is a distraction to have to remove the case to get at the memory card and battery but it is an infrequent occurrence and an inconvenience that is very small in my opinion. I also purchased the adapter and a UV haze filter to protect the front element. I was concerend that the combination might not fit within the lens case but it was a perfect fit! I am very pleased with my purchase and highly reccommend the case.
on May 17, 2012
As advertised, this case fits the G1X like a glove, allowing access to all camera functions with the front of the case dropped down or taken off. The case is very well made, and costs a fraction of the advertised case price at Canon and elsewhere (though at this writing those cases aren't actually available).

The case attaches to the camera by screwing in to the tripod mount underneath, but has its own tripod mount so no problem to use a tripod. You do have to remove the case to get to the battery and memory card slot, but so what.

You can use the Canon strap that came with the camera, or the strap supplied with the case as you wish.

If you use the front-mounted FADC58C 58mm Filter Adapter, you may or may not be able to keep whatever you are attaching to the camera within the case. I have a thin 58mm polarizing filter, which the case will nicely cover up but not with its lens cover on it. Of course you have to find another pocket for your extra memory cards, batteries, and all that.

All in all, very nice at the right price, and excellent quality.
on May 1, 2012
The leather case for Canon G1X fits snug and perfectly. I am very impressed with the fit and finish of the product. The accompanying leather strap is a great addition as well and I like the vintage leather look that it gives in an era where we are so accustomed to seeing synthetic camera cases. The tripod attachment at the bottom of the case is a well thought out idea and works well. I use the tripod a lot and it is very convenient to not have to remove the camera from its case.

However there is one design problem. The case is a 2 piece item and I have to remove the top piece entirely to gain full function of the camera. Which defeats the purpose of a protective case. Besides this I am very pleased with the product
on May 2, 2012
Excellent case for the Canon G1X. Nice functionality, good fit as well as adequate protection for the camera. I also like the way the bottom half stays on the camera during use, accentuating the grip and making the camera easier to handle. At a reasonable price, this is a good option for the G1X. Case seems to be well made and is a great value.
on August 21, 2012
This protective leather case for a Canon G1X camera is perfect for protection of the camera. The case appears to have a durable build. Two minor drawbacks: first, there are three snaps that need to be unsnapped when you take the main case off the base to be able to use the camera contained within. This is a minor drawback because it slows you down if you want to go quickly from having your camera in the case to having it free to use. I have tried unsnapping just the two side snaps and leaving the bottom one connected, but it's awkward having the cover hanging off the bottom of the camera while you work with it. The second drawback is that I find it a bit confusing to get the case back on to the camera. This may just be a personal problem, but I always have to give it a couple shots to get it on the right direction. Again, I gave this four stars because I think it will do its job of protecting the camera very well, and the two issues I mention don't detract from that.
on October 6, 2012
I ordered this for my G1X and put it on and thought to myself that this is really a comfortable feeling case to hold. The stitching is high quality. I will keep my camera in this case 90% of the time. The camera fits in it perfectly. Very happy with this, and would highly recommend it. A great value. Thanks MegaGear. This is an old school camera case covering a state-of-the-art p&s.
on August 27, 2012
This leather case is beautifully crafted and shaped to fit the G1X. The leather is top stitched around every edge providing strength and finish to the edge. The inside of the case has a soft liner. The metal snaps and bottom tripod screw are finished in brass. It is very well made and provides added protection for your camera when you decide to go shooting without a camera bag or pack. The front cover quickly releases by popping the two side snaps and hangs out of the way below the lens. The cover is removable with the center snap. The back is cut to give you complete access to the articulating LED and controls. I use the case when I am hiking without a pack to provide added protection for my G1X.
on October 25, 2012
This case is great! It easily snaps on and off so you can quickly pull your camera out to have it ready to snap your photos. I am now able to stash my camera in my oversized purse instead of carrying an additional bulky and unnecessary camera bag (and without worrying that it will get dinged or scratched if it hits my wallet or any other items in my purse). The leather is sturdy and durable protecting it from any outside dings or scratches and it has an awesome retro looking style to its appearance. I highly recommend this product to anyone purchasing the Canon G1X!!
on September 6, 2012
After deciding to splurge on the excellent G1 X, a case was essential. Read the other reviews when doing my typical in depth research. I ordered the case in black and it arrived on time. Put it on my camera and it fit perfectly. It is substantial and is serious protection yet easy to unsnap the cover and be ready to shoot. There're two pieces. The bottom screws into the bottom of the camera in the tripod hole. I keep this piece on as it is not in the way and adds some protection. Of course, if you want to remove the battery and card at the end of your shoot, you will need to remove this part. Not a huge deal. By the way, it makes the camera's look and feel very professional.
on September 26, 2012
I am a scuba diver and bought the Canon G1x as a replacement for a well-used G7 which worked exceptionally well for underwater photos. I needed a case for transporting the camera in my gear bags as well as protecting the camera in general use. Most cases these days just have a boring 'techno-bag' look and feel. When I saw this one,I had to have it..its different, I like the retro look and it is solidly built leather. I wasn't disappointed when I received it. It looks and feels just as you would expect for a quality leather accessory. The only decision was whether to get brown or black. I got the black but sometimes wish I got the brown for a truly retro-kodak-ish feel...some of you will know what I mean..for the rest of you....google that you crazy kids...!Enjoy