Megabloks Blok Squad - Fire Patrol Station
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Buildable Fire Patrol Station team of Fire Command 4x4 Truck, Fire Rescue Chopper, Fire Rescue Carrier and Fire Ladder Truck TL with 956 pieces
- Includes 5 Blok Squad Firefighters
- Collect them all and combine Blok Squad vehicles to create super rescue trucks to complete any mission and save the day!
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Over all this is a GREAT set! I recommend this set very much!
From an adult's view, I have the following points to make after comparing with the Lego 7213 side-by-side:
1. Quality of the red, black, dark gray pieces, and figures are nearly indistinguishable with the Lego set. Both are shiny and solid, with the Megabloks having a 'tighter' fit.
2. Quality of the light/silver gray pieces, are of WORSE quality than other pieces. Either I got a bad batch, or it is outsourced to another manufacturer, but the silver gray pieces got a really cheap feel. The colors are not even on some pieces, and the plastic appears to have a lower density than that of other colors.
3. The Lego set has a lot of 'special' shaped pieces, which made the finished truck containing more details and nicer, but in my opinion, also made it much less versatile. Basically you can only build the given set with all the 300+ pieces. The Megablok, on the other side, is still made much of the traditional rectangular blocks and therefore is more open to other build options, which, I think is more important for my little one's creativity.
Lego chose a more lucrative way to sell but is also limiting creativity.
4. Lego did a better job by putting pieces for different modules in separate bags, whereas the Megablok seemingly put pieces randomly in the bags (by size?). You'll have to look through all bags to look for pieces for just one module, and it became headache/backache when my son poured all 956 pieces into one big pile.
Overall, this set is very good product. The gray pieces and the packaging can certainly improve (And easily IMO), and then this set can be a real challenge to Lego's counterpart.
This is my fifth or sixth MekgaBlok set so far and I am happy with them. As with other MegaBlok sets, the core components of each vehicle/item are really solid. I grew up with legos and like most kids spent most of my time building my own creations. In order to make any lego creation sturdy, you need to use a lot of the flat pieces, overlap a lot, and make sure to brace the vehicle wheels/wings/etc. MegaBloks building instructions do this to a much greater degree than legos and as a result, the MegaBlok vehicles are a bit more sturdy and weigh a bit more (because they are not hollow inside like many lego instruction-built sets). A great word to describe the MegaBlok sets is "over-engineered". The MegaBlok sets also seem to include quite a few extra leftover bricks (meaning not used to build the instructed set), more than typically included in lego sets.
Quality wise, they do have a bit cheaper look than legos. The bricks aren't as uniform in color as lego bricks are, but they seem to be just about as sturdy in regards to the quality of the plastic. The MegaBlok bricks are also a bit more tight than lego bricks, meaning they can be a bit more difficult to build/dismantle. Lego bricks are a lot more consistently uniform and perfectly sized so that they go together easier and have good strength, but are still easy enough to dismantle. MegaBloks also relies on stickers a lot more than legos, and (an irk of mine) some of the stickers are instructed to be placed across multiple bricks.
The other nice thing about the MegaBlok sets is that they often go on sale at really good prices. This set I got at about half the current price.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Megabloks make some good stuff. You get double the pieces than Lego for the same price. Awesome product.Published 18 months ago by mike
I got this set for my 4 year old last Christmas. It was less than twenty five dollars at the time, so a super awesome steal. Read morePublished on April 24, 2013 by Carseatmommy
My 5 year old son received this for his birthday. He gave up trying to put it together after a few minutes. He can handle LEGO sets no problem, but this was overwhelming. Read morePublished on January 15, 2013 by Frustrated mom
I think this is more for 4 to 5 year olds and up, however he really liked the little fireman that came with it, with the removable hats:)Published on December 31, 2012 by Fran
We bought these for my 3 year old who is a Lego and fireman junkie. This was $50 less than the Lego firehouse. Read morePublished on December 31, 2012 by Jennifer
I bought this for my son's birthday who turned 8 in Jan.
he's having a great time with Megabloks set.
My sons has 6 differnt megabloks sets.
We got this set for my son thinking we'd save a fair amount of money from buying the LEGO brand but boy is there a difference. Read morePublished on February 28, 2012 by T. McDannell