Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 22, 2017
I bought this night light in January 2010, and it's just now (May 2017) starting to flicker and have a little trouble. So it's definitely one that I would recommend. It's been in the kitchen the majority of the time, but has never failed to turn on when it was supposed to. We've been really happy with it.
on December 5, 2012
I got this nightlight for my apartment, which was rather dark and hard to navigate at night without running into something. I hate having to switch (and remember to) nightlights on and off every night so I knew I wanted a sensor. This is energy efficient due to its LED light over incandescent and the sensor, which shuts it off when not needed. In addition, having the ability to watch it change colors or pick a single color is awesome! My friends and family have been jealous and my mom, who has an identical one but only in blue and without a sensor, wants to swap hers out. Not only have I switched colors out for various seasons (nice red or green for Christmas), but if I want a bright light I can put it on white or light blue and if I want a subtle light I can put it on a darker color, which makes this so multi-purpose and fun! (Who'd think a night light would be fun?) Additionally, it's a good one for people having trouble sleeping, as it's kind of hypnotic. I love that it's not bright enough to illuminate a room or disturb sleep but is bright enough to guide you in the dark and provide some comfort for kids or overnight guests.
Only downside is the button that locks a color in can get stuck inside the unit, but I found that with a screwdriver you can easily open the unit up, unstick it, and it works fine again.
on February 21, 2013
It's nice, though not as durable as I would like. I prefer choosing one color since then I don't have to deal with the second or two of darkness when it shift colors. It's a good brightness for a hallway and not so bright that it disturbs my daughter when I peek in her dark room as she sleeps, which is right next to the nightlight... it's a bit dimmer than the nightlight I prefer to use in the bathroom.

After a couple of years of use, it sometimes randomly switches between shifting mode and a steady color, and sometimes won't stick in one-color mode. It has sometimes shut off entirely; unplugging and plugging it back in didn't work, but shifting modes did. It's a little bit less sensitive to light than I would like, so it's on a lot more than it needs to be. Overall, it's fine if you don't mind it being on most of the time and accept that you may need to buy new ones every few years.
on April 29, 2011
I bought this lamp for my 2 months old baby boy after looking lot of night lamps. I needed a lamp just to have a check on my kid through out the night. I was little skeptical on it's lower price but gave it a try considering Amazon retun service is just wonderful. ;) Out of my surprise, this turned out so so good.
Here are the qualities I liked a lot.
1. The ordered was shipped in just 1 day which is just great.
2. The Lamp is so slik and handy, does not take space at all.
3. The lamp has 7 colors with different intensity of brightness. color changes automatically in every 1 second flashing different colors alternatively. If you want to stick to a particular color then you can do that by preseeing a button provided on the lamp.
4. you can have multiple colors by again pressing the same button.
5. The most important quality of this product is - it does not light in day time even if the switch is ON. That means it works only and only when the Room is DARK and you really need a night lamp which is the JOB of a night Lamp. this feature is just amazing..

So this is just wonderful and worth single penny and does exactly what it is supposed to do.
on November 6, 2009
This nightlight helped my son (3 years old) get used to his new room. He absolutely loved that it changes colors, and each night it's become part of our routine to pick a color for the night. The cycling function, where it changes color every 3-4 seconds, is way too manic to leave on all night long, but you can stop it at any color and have it stay that way for the night. This is really a neat light for the price. I'm very happy with the purchase.
on March 17, 2011
I don't know if we got a defective twice but within weeks the button stopped working and the light wouldn't go on anymore. We really liked the light otherwise. We used it in my sons room and it was a bit too bright to leave it on the color changing mode, so we left it on red and it gave a nice soft glow.
But we sent it back and decided to just get a refund. We haven't found a replacement yet.
on April 28, 2011
All I can say is that it works,feels durable, and lights up the night as if you are in a club. I will just post all the negatives I can find with this though since it is better to look at what are the bads then there are the goods to compare which you'd rather have.

1. Changing the different modes takes some time, about 1 - 2 seconds to press and it will switch to either one color or random color changing mode.(every 5 seconds change color)
2. The white plastic feels a bit weak. I put pressure on as if I would step on it and it can hold up well. Yes, I do tests like that. But the white plastic will most likely break.

I'm amazed there is so few flaws with this product. It is a solid good night light for either house party or just to keep your little ones mind at ease. I would buy more if need be. I cannot tell you how long the LED lasts or when it will blow, but they are LED so don't count on them blowing out within 5 years. My guess though LED are really hard to blow out.
on November 24, 2009
About five years ago we bought an earlier style (5 pack) of these lights from Costco. Every one of them still works. When our youngest son moved to his own apartment, we gave three of them to him, thinking that we'd go back to Costco for another package. Costco doesn't sell them now, but we wanted no substitutes. Started searching and found that amazon had them but only as single items. Well, these lights are so much better than others that we ordered anyway. We are even happier with the new bulbs. These come on instantly, as soon as other light goes away. They put out just the right amount of light to show us the way through the house. Unless we give more of these away to another son, we expect to be set with nightlights for years. Before we found those earlier lights at Costco, the buying of nightlights was a big deal in our household. We were always looking for a newer and better product. And none of them had much of a life. Now it is as it should be. Buy them, plug them in, and forget them. We can't understand why these lights aren't more widely available.
on April 3, 2011
I read through all the reviews, an I was shocked at the bad reviews. I am thinking maybe some of these or "a lot" of them were defactive or something. I have never had an issue with it, an I have owned it for a year. This is in my son's room (he is 4), and he loves being able to chose a different color every night. Works great for a kids room, because it definatly is bright (isn't that what a night light is for anyways?) My recomendation, it's only $6, you can skip is because the bad reviews, or you can buy it for yourself and see for yourself. What's the worst that can happen, your out $6? You might end up loving it like we did. I just recomended it to my sister in law for her babies nursey as well.
3 helpful votes
on January 18, 2010
I had been looking for a nightlight for my bedroom; specifically one that was bright enough for me to check on my sleeping baby. Most nightlights are barely bright enough to show you the way to the bathroom. This one, from across the room, is bright enough I can peek into the crib and see him asleep, awake and whether or not he is breathing (yes, I am a paranoid mom). The light isn't so bright that it will keep someone who is a light sleeper awake either. Plus, the color cycles take the light from fairly dark to very light.
7 helpful votes