|Item Weight||1.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||14 x 12 x 1 inches|
|Item model number||580978|
|Batteries||6 AA batteries required. (included)|
|Assembled Height||1 inches|
|Assembled Length||14 inches|
|Assembled Width||12 inches|
|Number of Lights||13|
|Included Components||Batteries included|
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
|Type of Bulb||LED|
Megabrite: Wireless - Motion Sensor - Undercabinet LED Lights
|Price:||$43.46 & FREE Shipping|
- Versatile: Slim Profile Fits Anywhere - No Wires, No Plugs, No Power Outlet Needed!
- Automatic: On/Off With Motion & Photo Sensors
- Adjustable: Direction Of Light & Angle To Detect Motion
- Energy Saving: Battery Operated & Included - Super Bright LED's Never Need Replacing
- Mulit Use: Kitchen, CLoset, Home Office, Laundry, Storage, RV & More!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Megabrite: Wireless - Motion Sensor - Undercabinet LED Lights
Duracell LED Under Cabinet Light, 2 Pack B00IH1WO3U
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Megabrite Lighting||Riveting Retailers||WCB Direct||Kitclan|
|Item Package Weight||1.25 pounds||1.5 pounds||0.25 pounds||0.25 pounds|
|Light Source||LED||LED||battery powered LED Light||LED|
|Power Source||Battery Powered||battery-powered||battery-powered||battery-powered|
|Wattage||0.8 Watts||125 Watts||1.4 Watts||1.5|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
When I first tested this unit, I almost thought it was defective because the motion sensor does not seem to work. The LED lights won't turn on no matter how much I wave in front of the sensor. Finally, I noticed there is a photo-sensitive resistor (light sensor) on the side of the unit. It turns out that in AUTO mode, the LED lights will only turn on when it is dark outside AND there is motion detected. (Note to self: read the instruction manual first!)
The motion sensor is quite sensitive and can detect slight movement even from 10-12 ft away. Once on, the lights will remain on as long as there is motion detected, or else it will turn off after 60 seconds of non-activity. This is a very logical design once I understood how it works. (Again: read the manual!)
I then proceeded to measure the battery consumption:
- When the LEDs are on, the unit consumes between 160mA (when powered by three fresh alkaline AA cells) and 110mA (when powered by three Sanyo eneloop Rechargeable Batteries)
- In standby (AUTO) mode: the unit consumes between 2.2mA (alkaline cells) and 1.Read more ›
If you mount the unit in a place where lots of LED light reflects back on to the photo sensor, the light strip stays on for just 7 seconds. However If you mount the very same unit in a place that does not reflect much LED light back into the photo sensor, the unit stays on for a full minute.
You can see the design flaw at anytime by using a flashlight. Put the unit in a place with no reflected light and it will stay on for 1 minute. Now activate it again, and once the LEDs turn on, shine a flashlight at the photo sensor (to simulate reflected light) and the unit shuts off after 7 seconds.
Summary: the duration of the LEDs changes depending on where you mount the unit. It works fine in many locations, but not all.
- The photocell sensor is not sensitive enough and cannot really be adjusted. Our kitchen does not get a lot of light, but enough to not have to turn on the our ceiling lights during the day. Thus, these led lights come on all the time and drains the batteries faster.
- Not that energy efficient if you go through batteries every couple of weeks. I now have bought rechargeable batteries and charger and do not care as much as I did when I was burning through regular batteries.
- Easy to install and change batteries when installed.
- Provides good strong light with full strength batteries. Light is blueish however. Takes some getting used to.
Overall, the lights are worth buying at a decent price. I think we paid $20 at Costco and I wouldn't pay more than that. Make sure you have rechargeable batteries and charger though.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These lights work very well. I put one in a closet so it turns on when you open it. The other one went in the basement above the cat food and litter box so they can see better at... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Neal P.
The batteries run down in a couple of weeks. The costs of batteries would pay for hard wiring lights in less than a year. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Young At Heart
Love these lights! Use them for my pantry and foyer closet. Reliable, bright light. Works as designed.Published 6 months ago by SciFiGirl007
These lights work very well. The only "con" is they use alot of battery. I use them under my cabinets in the kitchen and they were very easy to installPublished 6 months ago by Mrs Woody
We put these up under our kitchen cabinets because we have a super tiny kitchen with very limited plugs. These are AMAZING. Read morePublished 8 months ago by M. Lentz
I have both of these on my stairs going to the second floor because the wired light is at the top of the stairs and is also triggered by a motion sensor but does not come on when... Read morePublished 8 months ago by DPboss