Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Vocally, the album is pretty strong. Lene Nystrom Rasted sounds as high-pitched and spot-on as ever. Rene Dif, on the other hand, sounds amazing compared to the previous albums. Not quite as gruff and guttural, he sounds softer and the music is all the better for it. The production here is simply pristine. Soren Rasted and Claus Norreen have outdone themselves and I can't say enough how great the new music sounds.
The album opens on a slow note with the ballad "Playmate to Jesus", before launching into a techno-dance tour-de-force. Second single "Like a Robot" (released as a double A-side with "Playmate to Jesus") is a surefire winner that will no doubt be a big hit for the band (oh how I wish they played this here in the states). However, my favorite track on here is "Viva Las Vegas", which is a four-on-the-floor dance song with a killer hook. The only song that I'm really not impressed with is "Sucker for a Superstar" which sounds like something leftover from Aquarius.
It's a real shame that there's no North American release date in sight for this album. It is light years better than anything they've done before. So many of the songs would do so well on the dance charts. If you're an Aqua fan, this should be a no brainer...even with the bloated import price.
In addition to loving their debut back in the 90's, I've always taken these guys more seriously than most. Europop is a genre just like any other, and Aqua know how to use it to its best effect. I'm happy to say that, after more than a decade away, this new album is very, very good pop. It will definitely be in my top ten of the year, possibly quite high.
1. Playmate to Jesus - I misjudged this song at first, thinking that the chorus melody was too obvious. But as I've listened to it more, the production flourishes have won me over. This is one of their best midtempos. 9/10
2. Dirty Little Popsong - It's odd that this is so early in the running order because I think it's my least favorite track. It just feels too predictable. It's a solid dance track, for sure, but doesn't have anything new to offer. 7/10
3. Kill Myself - Now we're talking! This is the type of mature, soaring pop I hoped they'd record. The verses are beautiful (Lene really shows her range), but it's that blockbuster chorus that really gets you. Instant hit, even with the dark subject matter. 10/10
4. Like A Robot - When I first heard this, I couldn't stop laughing. The filthy bluntness of the hook seems shocking at first, but it's totally in keeping with the band's desire to subvert pop music. And luckily, this doesn't rest on the novelty of the chorus. The melody's just as strong. 10/10
5. Viva Las Vegas - Melodically, I love it. Where it loses a point is the lyrics, which never break out of novelty territory. But the production and hooks are so good that it's still a standout. 9/10
6. No Party Patrol - This is such an interesting track.Read more ›
Almost every song is catchy and fun, like Aqua has always been. I must say they've matured much since 1997. My favorite track for sure is "Playmate to Jesus." It just screams classic Aqua.
Some of the lyrics are a tad explicit and that's something new for Aqua, but it didn't shy me away from the album. You'll still enjoy it!
Please invest if you love Aqua!
That Aqua is performing together, LIVE, and they have a new cd is as great a reunion as I can fathom.
Sadly, I doubt they'll tour the US. But no matter. I just forked a worthy 30 bucks for their new cd, imported from the UK. I wish them all the best. Well deserved.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you love Aqua like I love Aqua you HAVE to get this cd!!!!! The singer has a strong voice and the music has a great beat!!!!Published 11 months ago by fancyfeet
Really s***ty compared to their other albums. The entire album just sounds like regular pop music on the radio which i suppose is fine because every song on the album isnt bad by... Read morePublished 23 months ago by Trey
that is not a song on this album I do not like ,every one of them is very greatPublished on August 9, 2014 by joseph o ward
I love this album. Aqua has grown up. I love how they aren't childish anymore. Good tunes! I'd recommend for anyone.Published on February 21, 2014 by Gee-off
Got here a full two-weeks faster than I expected it to. A great album, too. Glad to hear more from them.Published on February 11, 2014 by H H H III
Love the music. almsot all the songs are great. If more than 5 songs on a CD are good I get the CD. Love this one.Published on January 7, 2014 by Darin D
I thought that this would be up to the same standard of music as their first two CD's, but I found myself lacking.Published on October 12, 2013 by Russianflatfish
this album is just awful, it'd nothing like their last two album the did. I would not recommend this album at all!!! Read morePublished on October 10, 2013 by herschellowens
This album is absolutely horrible. There wasn't one song that had the same catchy tune style of their previous two albums. And, worse, there wasn't one ballad at all... Read morePublished on August 28, 2013 by Mike James