10 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME
10. The first book I ever wrote was about a hermit crab, inspired by a pet I once owned.
9. My favorite color is purple.
8. I love to read mysteries. When I was Judy’s age, I read all 56 classic Nancy Drew books . . . in order! Jeepers!
7. I used to collect scabs so I could examine them under the microscope that I got for my 8th birthday.
6. My four sisters and I often made up our own language, which included the words "Hoidi Boidi", "oogey", "retzel crummypuss" and "poony-poony".
5. My favorite TV show is JEOPARDY!
4. To research my Sisters Club book, THE RULE OF THREE, I toured San Francisco in search of the ultimate cupcake. The winner: Sleepless in San Francisco. Think chocolate + coffee.
3. When I was a kid, I fell down a hill from chasing the ice-cream truck and had to get stitches.
2. When I was a librarian, I used to tell stories in sign language. That’s how I got the expression “same-same” for Judy.
1. I share a birthday (February 28) with a famous princess, race car driver and gangster, a Rolling Stone, a French tightrope walker, and a winning racehorse named Smarty Jones.