Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Meguiar's M6332 Flagship Premium Marine Wax - 32 oz.
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

Style Name: Wax|Change

on October 24, 2010
I have used this wax twice on my RV and once on my car. It is flawless. The RV has both painted and fiberglass gelcoat finishes, and it worked great on both. I have used other waxes that go on easy, but are hard to remove. This wax removes as easy as it goes on. If I get some of the wax on the black rubber moldings or other plastic, it comes off without leaving a white residue. I appreciate that. It also cleans up and removes the oxidation from the large decorative decals on the RV. It takes me about 8 hours to wax the RV and only about 1.5 hours to wax the car. This wax is the best that I've found.
33 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2012
My wife and I own a double wide mobile home (2008 Palm Harbor) we use as a "getaway." It has a Roman tub, a shower stall and a regular tub--all in fiberglass. The shower "stall" gets 90 percent of the use and has double glass sliding doors; and a surround that has a pattern that imitates 3" "wavy" tile with simulated grout. It has two narrow shelves (for shampoo, etc.) and two molded-in "seats". The floor is a diamond plate, non skid design.

I have faithfully used a liquid shower clean product and a squeegee on the inside of the doors and the surround, etc. after every shower, but since we're on well water, we have quite a calcium build up and the floor gets really grimy from dirt and body oil.

On a DIY forum, I discovered that the floor can be easily cleaned with Easy Off Non Fuming (blue can) oven cleaner. Spray it on and leave it for about an hour, then brush with a floor scrubbing-type brush to loosen the gunk. Rinse and you're done.

This is great for the floor, but not for the surround, seats and shelves, though. In another DIY forum, I learned about the virtues of Meguiar's Flagship Marine Wax for boats, Rvs, etc., so I thought I'd give it a try. I did some research and found out that marine wax is so much more expensive because it contains more carnuba and no talcum powder, which is what produces the white "haze" you get between body panels on a car when you use the less expensive products. Also this wax is also a mild polish, which I thought would be helpful in my application.

I did the shower stall today, by hand, and used the product on the aluminum trim on the sliding doors, the chrome, everywhere but the floor of the stall AND I used it on the inside of the glass sliding doors as well. It took all the calcium deposits off of everything and was very easy to apply and remove, by hand, using microfiber cloths.

I then took a shower and watched the water "fly" off all the surfaces, including the glass. when I was done, I simply squeegeed the glass and wiped the bright work with a towel.

This stuff is awesome!

The only question is how long the product will stand up to the well water in the park, and only time will tell. I would highly recommend this product to anyone, for all the uses already stated in these reviews, plus fiberglass bathroom fixtures.
on May 4, 2013
I used this on a 18 year old Sea Ray 220 boat with decent gel coat cuz it is periodically waxed. I used 3M marine wax prior and wasn't happy with the results, I always felt I could get an incredible shine out of this boat. I feel I was able to with this product. I read the Boating Magazine's review last year which reviewed multiple boat wax products, and Meguiar's Flagship wax topped the charts. I am very happy with the results on my boat. And get this... I applied it under a carport, on an overcast day, and at sunset, and even with those dark light conditions I was so excited with how it turned my 18 yr old shine back to a showroom floor shine, I kept going that night under the lights. And I wasn't even planning on it because of how late it was getting in the evening, I just wanted to see what one section looked like. The results after the first application were so impressive, it continued to motivate me to get the whole boat done. " wooah..this is awesome", i kept saying that in my mind and kept on going! It continued to motivate me along and got most of the boat done.Don't be mistaken, if you have serious oxidation and age, you shouldn't start with this product, but most likely, you can finished up the stages with this product. This product makes an okay, but dull used boat surface look great. Or if your boat has been your baby for 18 years and kept up, you can get back 90% of your showroom shine. I told all my boating friends about this product, it is indeed exciting to see such profound results so quick and in poor light. I can't wait till the sun comes out, I'll be ecstatic. I did notice one section I chose to do again cuz I didn't let it sit long enough before buffing out. Don't get me wrong... Don't let it set longer than 4-5 minutes, but this certain section I only let glaze for maybe just 1 minute before I buffed it and it wasn't long enough. But I also left a section sit for too long after being interrupted by a spouse, and that didn't work out, so I had to redue that section too. I do not fault this product for this, it was operator error. So it can be a little testy with how long it is set to glaze over before you buff/polish it off. Also, It is extremely smooth after the buff, that of course was impressive too cus I could compare the smooth/glide with an untouched section. Your money goes further here, get it! Seriously. This product doesn't have numerous amazing reviews for nothing!
on September 22, 2011
Meguiar's flagship wax comes in a 32-oz. container. Carnuba wax has a terrific reputation, and this wax does not disappoint. I use it on my motorcycle, scooter, car, and SUV. The big surprise is that it is also excellent on those Stainless steel kitchen appliances. The wax easily and quickly rubs out the water trickle path from the ice cube/water dispensers in the outer door. My experience is that it may last 2 or 3 weeks, but use your own experience to guide reapplications. My wife just HAD to have stainless, all one brand, you know the type. My son told me Stainless was "stupid" and that all it does is stain. He's right. I've search-engined for "best stainless steel cleaners", then "...waxes", then "...polishes", and checked out the top 12 and top 10 ratings by customers, and chanced upon a "quick-detail" polish, and suddenly I thought of car wax. Best car wax?....marine wax. It's made for harsh conditions, so I'm totally pleased. The best thing is that I'm not being nagged anymore about the kitchen appliances.
on April 12, 2009
Great RV wax. Easy to use and gives a beautiful shine. Wax is white so using on a white surface like on my coach makes it a little hard to see where your at when applying.
on June 9, 2014
Bought this and P-38 to compare the two after reading hours of reviews. I waxed one side with the P-38 and the other with the Meguiars so that I could monitor how long each look over time. Anybody that has ever lost a day washing and waxing a 33' RV knows that finding a long lasting wax is crutial to reducing the amount of times this daunting task needs to be performed. The P-38 is a very thick wax that will no doubt give me a long durable coating. However, the wax lays down heavy and will clog your bonnets during removal. The Premium Marine Wax lays down about half as thick and buffs to a beautiful shine with little effort or excess wax in the bonnet. Both are holding up well at this point but I will post an update at the six month mark. But so far the Meguiar's is the best bang for the buck and is easier to work with.
on June 8, 2016
Awesome product- applied by hand and buffed off with cheep orbital buffer - easy to apply easy to remove with ASTONISHING results. Got tired of paying a lot of money for crummy jobs by professionals so decided to give it a shot and I am sure happy I did - great product and enough in the large bottle to do my hull and topside of a 30 foot luhrs with some to spare.
review image review image
on December 27, 2015
Been using this for past ten years on boat and motor cycle, always looks great and easy to use. People are always asking me what I use. Unbelievable gloss, boat is dark grey and black, bike is black. Last a long time too, Only wax boat once a season and it is out side all year. The bike gets waxed twice a year. Unbelievably easy on and off. I use foam applicator and micro fiber towels to wipe off, turning frequently. No machine. Works great on keeping chrome looking good. This is not a polish or compound, it is a protectant wax. Use after polishing or compounding to keep that deep gloss shine. Very happy with product.
on September 19, 2015
This is the best wax I have ever used. It is easy to put on and to buff off. I waxed my boat, then trailered it through a rain storm. I expected to see all kinds of road grime when I got home, but the boat looked like it had been freshly washed. I know it is hard to believe, but the rain washed the grime off and did not allow it to accumulate. I can't comment on the durability, but I will try to update when it has been on a while. I buffed the wax by hand and found it easier if done after allowing the wax to "dry" 5 minutes or less. It can be applied in the sun, but I found it easier in the shade (one side of my boat as in the sun the other in the shade). Be sure your boat is clean. This was has very little cleaning ability. In summary, apply this wax to a clean boat and you will like the result.
on January 27, 2014
I have a 45' motor yacht that has a lot of fiberglass. Tried all sorts of waxes and had to compound them off. Finally found the trick. Put this wax directly on the wool buffer pad and use it like buffing compound until dry in small sections. The shine has lasted over 6 months in Florida with minimal compound required on subsequent wax jobs. I probably should wax more frequently at least top surfaces to not compound at all. I also recommend professional grade buffers for large tasks. You are only as good as your tools.