Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 introduces a new dimension of gloss and protection. With its new and improved technologically advanced formula, Tech Wax 2.0 glides on and wipes off effortlessly to visually eliminate fine swirls and micro-scratches, producing unbelievably deep, vibrant color and a dramatically clear wet-look. With the addition of Meguiar's proprietary Hydrophobic Polymer Technology, NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0, provide with relentless water beading wash after wash, a flawless “show car perfect” shine, and effortless application which glides on and off easily for a slick finish.
What Does Hydrophobic Mean?
The word “Hydrophobic” literally means “water-fearing”. This new breakthrough technology builds an incredible protection on a vehicle’s surface that causes water to bead up and glide off a paint finish, wash after wash. It’s new, it’s powerful, and it’s a scientific breakthrough.
Before Waxing – Preparing The Vehicles Paint Surface
For best results, it is recommended to start with a freshly washed and clayed vehicle. Use any Meguiar’s wash, like Ultimate Wash and Wax and Meguiar’s Smooth Surface Clay Kit to remove any above the surface contaminants from the paint.
Easy application for a high-gloss finish
Waxing With Meguiar’s NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0
After preparing the vehicle for waxing, the vehicle should have a deep, wet, high gloss finish and be nearly defect free. The vehicle’s paint should also feel silky smooth. Waxing will allow preserving that high gloss finish by applying a wax or sealant. The word "Sealant" is a common used term in detailing and is another way of describing a wax product that is fully synthetic, like Meguiar’s NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0. That is to say that all the ingredients are man made and the product doesn't actually contain any natural wax. Sealants utilize the latest technology in paint protection and will generally outlast a carnauba based wax.
A Few Tips About Applying NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0
One of the biggest mistakes people make when applying a wax is that they apply it too heavily. This only prolongs drying time, makes the wax more difficult to remove, and uses more product than necessary. No matter how heavy a wax is applied, once it's dry only so much will adhere or bond to the paint of the vehicle.
Always allow a wax or sealant to fully cure before removing it, Meguiar's recommends that using the “Swipe Test” to determine when to remove the wax. To perform the swipe test simply swipe a clean, dry fingertip across the freshly applied layer of wax. If it streaks or is smeary in the area where it was swiped, then the wax has not fully dried and should not yet be removed. However, if the area is clear and glossy, then the wax is dry and can be removed with a clean, dry microfiber polishing cloth, like Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel or a 100% cotton terry towel. Please be aware that low temperatures and/or high humidity can prolong the drying time of any wax.
Applying NXT Generation Tech WAX 2.0
For best results, apply in the shade to a clean, cool surface one section at a time, allowing 3-5 minutes before removing Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0.
- 1. Using the included applicator, apply a strip of Meguiar’s NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 directly onto the waxing pad.
- 2. Place the face of the pad flat on the vehicle’s paint and with light pressure in overlapping, circular patterns spread the wax onto the vehicle’s paint surface.
- 3. A second pass over is recommended to insure even coverage. Let dry for 3 – 5 minutes before wiping of with a clean Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel, turning to a clean side for the final wipe.
- 4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 as needed to complete the rest of the vehicle.
By Dual Action Polisher Or DA Power System
- 1. Attach the appropriate “waxing” pad to the Meguiar’s DA Power System or Meguiar’s DA Polisher.
- 2. Apply a strip of Meguiar’s NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 directly onto the waxing pad.
- 3. Place the face of the pad flat on the paint. Turn on the Meguiar’s DA Power System drill or Meguiar’s DA Polisher and begin buffing with moderate pressure in an overlapping pattern while keeping the pad flat against the paint at all times.
- 4. Apply additional Meguiar’s NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 as needed and let dry for 3 – 5 minutes.
- 5. Wipe off with a clean Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel, turning to a clean side for the final wipe.
- 6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed to complete the rest of the vehicle.
What's in the Box?
Bottle of NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 (18 fl. oz.), foam applicator, instructions.