|Item Weight||1.6 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||3.5 x 4.7 x 10.2 inches|
|Item model number||G18216|
|Manufacturer Part Number||G18216|
|OEM Part Number||G18216|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.00 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Meguiar's G18216 Ultimate Liquid Wax - 16 oz.
|Price:||$16.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$6.02 (26%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Formula delivers maximum synthetic protection, durability, depth of color, and reflectivity in easy one step
- ThinFilm technology provide for effortless application and wipe off even in full sun, and will not stain non-painted trim pieces white
- Advanced synthetic polymers crosslink to form a long-lasting protective barrier amplifying reflection for incredible depth and mirror-like shine
- Hydrophobic Polymer technology increases surface tension so water beads and rolls right off the paint
- Safe and effective on all glossy paints and clear coats, and can be applied by Hand, Orbital, or Dual Action Polisher
- Our longest-lasting protection extends durability and water-beading and includes applicator pad and microfiber towel
- ThinFilm technology enables our easiest application experience
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Meguiar's G18216 Ultimate Liquid Wax - 16 oz.
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||4.72 x 3.54 x 10.24 in||2.09 x 3.24 x 8.3 in||5.51 x 5.51 x 4.72 in||5 x 5 x 4 in||2 x 5 x 9 in||3 x 3 x 9 in|
|Size||16 Ounce||15.2 oz.||11 Ounce||1 Pack||Single||16 oz.|
Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax uses Meguiar's ThinFilm technology to deliver our easiest application and removal…even if you have to wax in full sun! We've re-set the bar with a pure synthetic wax that provides extended protection with amplified reflectivity that won't leave a white residue on trim and plastic.
Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax features Meguiar's ThinFilm technology, which makes this an easy wax to apply and remove; even in full sun. Its advanced, synthetic wax polymers provide extended protection with amplified reflectivity that won't leave a white residue on the vehicle’s trim and plastic. Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax is suitable for any paint type, including clear coats, and will enhance the color and depth of the vehicle’s paint. Meguiar’s proprietary Hydrophobic Polymer Technology increases surface tension so water beads and rolls right off. A pure synthetic, Ultimate Wax provides the longest lasting protection, delivers the deepest, darkest reflections and a glossy wet look, and is safe on all glossy paints and clear coats.
Before Waxing – Preparing the Vehicle's Paint Surface
For best results, start with a freshly washed, and if needed, clayed vehicle. Use any Meguiar’s wash, like Ultimate Wash and Wax and Meguiar’s Smooth Surface Clay Kit to remove any above surface contaminants from the paint.
A Few Tips About Applying Ultimate Wax
One of the biggest mistakes people make when applying a wax is that they apply it too heavily. This only prolongs drying time, making the wax more difficult to remove, and using more product than necessary. No matter how heavy a wax is applied, once it's dry only so much will adhere or bond to the paint of the vehicle.
Professional results every time
Because of the unique chemistry employed with Meguiar's Ultimate Waxes, apply the wax one section at a time and then remove it after 3-5 minute initial cure time. Ultimate Wax’s ThinFilm technology and synthetic polymers allow the wax to be removed even if it has not fully dried. For the easiest removal, use a clean, dry microfiber polishing cloth, like Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel or a 100% cotton terry towel. Please be aware that low temperatures and/or high humidity can prolong the initial curing time of Ultimate Wax.
Quik Tip: One way to tell if the wax is dry and ready to be wiped off is by performing the Swipe Test. Run an index finger across the wax and if the wax smears, it is not ready to be wiped off. However, if it's a clear swipe, the wax can now be removed.
Applying Ultimate Wax
For best results, apply in the shade to a clean, cool surface one section at a time, allowing 3-5 minutes of initial cure time before removing Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax.
- 1. Using the included applicator, apply a coat of Meguiar’s Ultimate Wax directly onto the black waxing pad.
- 2. Place the face of the pad flat on the vehicle’s paint and with light pressure in overlapping, circular patterns spread the wax onto the vehicle’s paint surface.
- 3. A second pass over is recommended to insure even coverage. Let cure for 3 – 5 minutes before wiping of with a clean Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel, turning to a clean side for the final wipe.
- 4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 as needed to complete the rest of the vehicle.
By Dual Action Polisher or DA Power System:
- 1. Attach the appropriate “waxing” pad to the Meguiar’s DA Power System (G3509) or Meguiar’s DA Polisher (W9207).
- 2. Apply a coat of Meguiar’s Ultimate Wax directly onto the black waxing pad.
- 3. Place the face of the pad flat on the paint. Turn on the Meguiar’s DA Power System drill or Meguiar’s DA Polisher and begin buffing with light pressure in an overlapping pattern while keeping the pad flat against the paint at all times.
- 4. Complete one section at a time, allowing the wax to initially cure for 3 – 5 minutes before removal.
- 5. Wipe off with a clean Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel, turning to a clean side for the final wipe.
- 6. Repeat steps 4 and 5, applying more Ulitmate Wax as needed to complete the rest of the vehicle.
What's in the Box?
Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax includes a bottle of Ultimate Wax (16 fl. oz.), a foam applicator, and a Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Now, in terms of the product. The product is not really a wax, it's synthetic, not carnauba wax. Two major differences between carnauba wax and synthetic sealant is that wax gives some protection for a couple of months but great shine. However, sealant gives less shine but more protection. I actually prefer more protection for my paint because I don't need to win any car shows. I want to protect my car against contamination. This thing I think lasts about 5-6 months in NYC. Maybe longer elsewhere. NYC is too contaminated IMHO.
To apply the product I do the following steps: first, wash your car and remove any dirt. Make sure it's as clean as possible. Then after that, I prefer to clay bar the car. You can buy clay bars or Nanoskin auto scrub pad for about $10. Either way works. A bit easier with Nanoskin but not as clean as with the clay bar. It depends how much your car is contaminated. Ever seen those yellow dots on a white car? That's contamination and that's what the clay bar is for. In order to apply clay bar, you need lubricant (I also like Meguiar's brand) and clay bar. Watch videos on youtube on how to do that. Then after that's done, you need, you MUST wax your car either with carnauba wax or this sealant. To apply this product you need take the sponge provided, put the product on it, I like to do an X shape across and work parts of the car. You can divide the work in any way you like, but I like to do one door, then wipe it off, another door, then wipe it off. I let the wax sit for about 1 minute, because then it becomes harder to wipe it off, especially on darker cars. Also, don't do it in the direct sunlight. I do it at about 6PM and I am done by 7:30 during the summer. I actually do that before every season, so four times a year, works great for me.
Hope you find this review a bit helpful. Great product, good price. And it smells good! :)
After a few weeks, I finally took my car to the Automated Car Wash and found my smooth touch had dissipated but was still beading the water and the shine was still strong. Because I enjoy a detailed and shiny car, I use the Meguiars Ultimate Detailer in-between waxes....that helps with keeping the smooth to the touch and adds a nice layer to easily to remove road crime later....plus the added shine is nice!
My preference is to use my hands rather than power...I have read other reviews stating it works well using a Power Polisher...for me, I can attest this wax is great without using power. Easy on....easy and shiny off!
My car is White with lots of black plastic accents....I used this stuff on those areas too with a fantastic result. Removing the wax was just as easy as on the paint. It also left the black looking real nice and smooth to the touch. After driving and dusting off later....the dirty plastic areas was super easy to clean off. using the Detailer spray works great on this stuff too!!
Do NOT cover too much area at one time. Do the entire hood and go back and remove-buff, then move onto another area. I have discovered, the hard way....I applied a thin layer to an area, got distracted by my kids then tried to remove the wax and had to use a few spritz of water to help get it off. The results were not good so I reapplied to that area and removed thereafter before it dried completely and all was well.
Just do medium size areas, remove-buff then move on....don't wait long or it will dry too much which turns into a real pain to remove.
If you feel more is better, then go over the same area again with a second layer after removing the first.
So far, my experience has shown me a single coat is all I need as anything more did not shine more nor did it last any longer after the car wash.
I totally recommend this wax....my car was purchased new and strongly feel this will keep it looking great!