Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Style: Power System Kit|Change

Showing 1-10 of 187 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 207 reviews
on November 19, 2014
A picture saids a thousands words. Its not perfect but very effective in making obvious swirl marks and surface scratches quite inconspicuous. Like the other reviews mentioned, its good for spots but takes too long to do a whole car because of the small surface area of the pads.
review image review image
on July 27, 2017
Not really a fan of any of these. The DA attatchment is not practical and not powerful enough to remove swirls, or scratches. Maybe just spread wax. The wax is liquid and won't last long either. Get a nice paste wax like Collinite unless you want to apply it every few weeks. I like a lot of meguiars products but not these.
on February 6, 2017
This is a great kit for the at home detailer, even if you don't have any experience buffing a vehicle. It still takes some work but anything worth having is worth woking for and detailing a vehicle correctly will always be work. just don't use too much compound at once, it it dries on the vehicle too much its kind of a paint to get off, just get some fresh compound and go over it and it will wipe right off. I bought a truck that had been sitting in someones driveway under a tree for a few years and the paint was faded. I used this kit and went over the truck and now I have people ask if I had it repainted. But if your car needs paint it needs paint, there are still some less than desirable place on my trucks paint but it looks ten times better than I thought it would.
on April 5, 2016
It does the job very well so long as you follow instructions. It DID take forever to do even a medium sized car much less my full size crew cab truck. Other than the time required, both vehicles looked better than they did when they rolled off the show room floor when I was done. The loss of the fifth star was due to the small size of the pads. Doubling the size would make a huge difference.
on June 5, 2014
If you add up the individual prices of each item, it will certainly cost more than the listed price.

As others have mentioned, all of it came in a brown box, somewhat scatterbrained. Pads are not in individual blister packs as you see when they are sold individually. Compound/polish/wax are full sized bottles (I already had the compound and polish and compared). Microfiber towels are a nice large size.

Personally didn't realize the drill requirements and my cordless drill runs much slower than recommended (like 650rpm). The main reason I bought the set was because I live in an apartment complex and I certainly have no access to power to run a full sized DA tool at the car wash. With the slower speed, it takes quite awhile to go through the process...not to mention tiredness from holding the drill at all angles for a long time and keeping the finger on the trigger.
on June 3, 2016
The compound got rid of the caked in salt on my 2015 Mustang from not washing it during the winter. The polish/wax made it look amazing. It's a little painful to use a drill with this in terms of how much effort it takes and how uncomfortable it is to hold the drill at the correct angle, however for the price you can't beat it. Very happy with it.

Edit: I bough a real buffer and these seem like a waste of money to me now. Unless you're doing a really small job, don't get these, they are not worth the money.
on March 16, 2014
I just bought a used Porsche and wanted to restore its black paint to a showroom like quality. I thought I could do it myself with this kit but I was wrong. Everything in this kit is of high quality and I think if I was not trying to do a "restoration", then this kit would have worked out. I tried to use the ultimate compound and ultimate polish but scratches and imperfections were still left in the paint. This was even after washing and claying. The ultimate compound is pushed as being the ultimate swirl remover but that is just not the case. Get yourself Meguiar's M105 compound which is similar but more aggressive and used in professional detailing. Also, I think the DA system itself is an ingenious idea but if you are an automotive enthusiast, just go ahead and get yourself a dual action polisher either from Amazon or Harbor Freight Tools.

I believe that your car will look 75% to 85% after you use this kit. I just wanted 90% plus so I am returning it.
on September 16, 2014
Used this product on a 11 year old car. Car was washed with Dawn (yes!) dishwashing soap, and then Clayed. Follwed it up with Compounding. Not impressed with the compound. Light scratches came off in a heartbeat, however more agressive ones were hard to get out. (I do mean Agressive, NOT scratches where the paint was peeled off) After working an area 12X12 as indicated on the product, I noticed the compound was hard to get off using the superior shine microfiber. You had to literally rub it to get it off. Once compounding was done, I applied the Polish. Got to say this was an absolutle beauty. Went on easy and came off easy. Followed it up with waxing. This was by far the easiest of all 3. Went on easy and came off extremely easy. Couldn't believe the final results. Car looked like a show room detailed car. LOVE IT, 5 HRS WELL SPENT!!!
on May 1, 2014
This works extremely well. I am not a professional detailer, but I got absolutely fantastic results with this kit. I have a 1993 red Toyota pickup that was totally oxidized. The paint had no reflection whatsoever. The paint is single stage, so watch out for that. The compound was a little aggressive for it, but using the polish and wax, I was able to restore the paint to a "like new" condition. I can see my reflection for the first time in many years. It took me about 15 hours start to finish. The buffer and the pads worked flawlessly. I would recommend to the homeowner who wants to fix up the family car. It fit perfectly on my 3/8" corded drill. No issues....love it!!
on August 8, 2015
This stuff is great, I have a black 2015 Mustang and wanted to make sure this car is as clean looking as possible. This does a great job, not professional grade but for the price you can't beat it. I also washed and clayed my car before using this.

It took me 5 hours to go through all three bottles but I was also taking my time. Also make sure you get more pads, about half way through the pad was saturated (I could have been using too much compound).

Compound: make sure to do small sections, I was taking too big of a bite and it was hard to get everything off. I also tried to park my car in my garage at a diagonal and (like an idiot) brushed up against a few items and left some good scratches. This stuff got one scratch completely removed and you can no longer see it, however the other scratch I was not so lucky and there is a small chip (only touch up paint can fix that)

Polish: Same with the ultimate compound make sure you do smaller sections as it can be hard to remove if left to dry (not as bad as the ultimate compound). After applying this I was just amazed that it made my new car look newer.

Wax: This stuff was easy on easy off. After applying the wax it just sealed the deal and the car looked great. I was able to do alternate panels so that I wasn't just sitting around while the wax dried)

I also did my motorcycle that had very obvious swirl marks from the previous owner and it really made an improvement.

I have a ton of photos to share.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.