|Item Weight||4.85 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4.7 x 3.1 x 11.8 inches|
|Item model number||G7164|
|Manufacturer Part Number||G7164|
|OEM Part Number||G7164|
Meguiar's G7164 Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner - 64 oz.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Rich and luxurious car wash designed to both gently wash and condition paint in one easy step
- The premium formula offers rich suds that gently and safely foams away tough dirt, road grime, and contaminants
- Ultra rich paint conditioners clear away debris to reveal color and clarity, leaving paint look radiant
- Safe, biodegradable detergents.
- Safe on all paint types and will not compromise wax protection
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner is designed to clean and condition paint in one step. It features an advanced formula that gently foams away tough dirt, road grime and contaminants without stripping wax protection. This car wash shampoo contains an ultra rich paint conditioner that clears away debris to reveal color and clarity, leaving a radiant look.
Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner is a rich and luxurious product designed to both wash and condition paint in one easy step. Its premium formula gently foams away tough dirt, road grime and contaminants without compromising wax protection. Meguiar’s luxurious Gold Class collection blends the finest conditioners and premium ingredients to deliver exceptional results. Embraced by discerning car enthusiasts worldwide, Meguiar’s Gold Class continues to set the standard for automotive care. It gently foams away dirt and grime, while conditioning paint and its conditioners reveal color and clarity.
Choosing a Car Wash
Meguiar's recommends using a pH-balanced, non-detergent car wash using the correct dilution with a high quality wash mitt, like Meguiar's Microfiber Wash Mitt. All Meguiar's car washes are non-detergent and offer excellent cleaning ability while lubricating the surface to help dirt and grime glide off the paint instead of grind into the paint.Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner is a rich and luxurious product designed to both wash and condition paint in one easy step. The premium formula gently foams away tough dirt, road grime and contaminants without compromising wax protection. Never use dish washing detergent as it may strip wax protection, promote oxidation and lead to premature deterioration of vinyl, plastic and rubber trim.
Two Bucket Method
Meguiar's recommends the “Two Bucket” method in conjunction with the Meguiar's Grit Guard (sold separately) to reduce the chances of inflicting swirls into the paint. The two-bucket method makes use of one bucket for the wash solution and a second bucket with just plain water to use as a rinse for Meguiar's Microfiber Wash Mitt.
- 1. Use the soapy water bucket to pick up wash solution with the Microfiber Wash Mitt and wash a panel or section of the vehicle.
- 2. Dunk the Microfiber Wash Mitt and any loose contaminants it picked up, into the rinse bucket, swish it around and wring it out.
- 3. The Grit Guard will prevent loose contaminants from being dispersed back into the water the next time the wash mitt is rinsed.
- 4. Dunk the mitt into the soapy water bucket and pick up fresh, uncontaminated wash solution and wash the next panel or section of the vehicle. As an added safety precaution insert a Grit Guard into the soapy water bucket as well.
Selecting a Drying Cloth
A proper drying towel should be used after washing the vehicle, because it should never be allowed air dry as this leads to water spots. Selecting a drying towel is every bit as important as choosing the wash mitt as you want to select something that is absorbent but also very soft and gentle to the paint. Meguiar's Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel (sold separately) reduces drying time with less wring-outs by absorbing up to two times the water of traditional terry towels. The extra large 22" x 30" waffle texture wrings out easily and leaves a spot-free finish.
- 1. For best results, ensure car is cool to the touch and in the shade.
- 2. Rinse surface with water and pour 1 ounce or 4 capfuls of Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner into a wash bucket and add one gallon of water.
- 3. Apply to car surface with a wash mitt, such as Meguiar’s Microfiber Wash Mitt.
- 4. Rinse the car thoroughly by flowing water gently from the top of the vehicle downwards to promote sheeting action.
- 5. For best results, immediately wipe off remaining water with Meguiar’s Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel or 100% cotton terry towel to prevent water spotting.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Like many Amazon shoppers, I count on honest, unbiased reviews to make my purchase decisions. I hope you found this review helpful.
And if you want long lasting suds, then this is the stuff you have been looking for. I washed my car yesterday, and today I went out to get the paper and there were still suds on the driveway ... no kidding! I thought it was snow until I stepped on it and realized that it was actually foamy suds from yesterday's car washing. Amazing!
And unlike dish detergent, this car wash won't strip the wax off of your car. I have tried both the Mother's and the Meguiar's and both do a great job, so I usually get whichever one is cheaper. In this case, this Meguiar's was an "add on item" so I went with it. I wasn't disappointed. It provides plenty of gentle suds, cleans thoroughly, and rinses off streak free. And gosh ... those suds LAST!
How I review:
When I review a product said product automatically starts with four stars as I rarely will purchase anything below four stars. I then add and/subtract stars based on certain criteria as listed below.
1. If an item is exactly what I expected and nothing more it will receive a four star rating
2. If an item surpasses my expectations it will gain a star
3. If an item goes slightly below my expectations it will lose a star
4. If the instructions for the product (if needed) are poorly written (hard to understand due to language issues or grammar) or just too hard to follow it will lose a star no matter if the product meets or exceed my expectations
5. If a product is significantly below my expectations I will deduct two stars
6. It will be rare that I would give a product one star since I buy mostly items that have a 4+ rating but in rare instances there may be a good reason that even a four star product gets a one star rating from me. It could be because of customer service issues from the company but whatever the case is I will clearly explain my reason for giving a product one star