Melange 6-Piece Ceramic Knife Set with 5-Inch Slicer, Black Handle and Black Blade
|Price:||$62.05 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Includes - 6" Chef's,5" Santoku, 5" Slicing, 4" Utility, 3" Pairing, Acrylic Holder; All knives have black ABS ergonomic handle
- Knives do not rust or leak/transfer metal ions from long-term exposure to moisture, oils and acids in common foods; Knives are non-reactive to food
- Significantly sharper than steel knives; Ceramic blade preserves its sharpness 8-10 times longer than traditional steel blades
- Lightweight and comfortable to use (weighs approx. half of an equivalent metal knife)
- Not dishwasher safe - but ceramic knives are easy to clean as they are not stained or affected by substances such as salts, acids and juices
Melange is about the essence of meals. The new Melange ceramic knives are beautiful, functional and provide great value. Available in multiple sets and handle options, you have choice to pick knives that suit most to your kitchen needs and lifestyle. Ceramic Knives are completely food safe. Knives do not rust or leak/transfer metal ions from long-term exposure to moisture, oils and acids in common foods. They are significantly sharper than steel knives - Ceramic blade preserves its sharpness 8-10 times longer than traditional steel blades. Melange Ceramic Knives are lightweight and comfortable to use as it weighs approx. half of an equivalent metal knife. Knives can chip or break relatively easily hence it is important to store them in holder or in a sheath The knives come in multiple set options with and without ceramic peelers. Choose between 15 handle options that are ergonomically designed. Handles are made of premium ABS material, bamboo or ceramic. Avoid using these knives for carving; boning; chopping; smashing; stirring in hot temperatures. Do not cut frozen or extremely hard food. Avoid excessive bending or dropping. Use on recommended surfaces such as wood or polyethylene cutting board. Do not use on glass, marble and metal surfaces. Hand wash only under running water and dry it in room temperature.
Top Customer Reviews
Cons: I compared the Melange to a top tier Kyocera Japanese ceramic knife of mine and found the Melange handles had no finger guard to the bottom of their handles. They do have raised dots to help keep the handle from slipping. Not a dangerous configuration, just a typical Chinese manufacturing cost cutting attribute. Also, the Melange blades are slightly thinner which I actually prefer. The Kyocera IMO was too thick. If you don't want to risk 25usd, then buy the 3 piece (two knifes plus a stand) set. I recommend these knives. They are not top tier but they ARE at an excellent price point. They should last a very long time as long as you follow protocols for all ceramic blades. No prying, boning, chopping on bone, or chopping on frozen items.
WARNING: Be careful, if your set comes as sharp as mine, then they will likely be sharper than any knives you have ever used. PAY ATTENTION when cutting/dicing. Go easy on the "cooking wine" (ie wine for the cook!) whilst using these little razors.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
See the Top Rated chef's knives in our Chef's Knife Reviews.