Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $9.95 shipping
Melissa & Doug Take-Along Town
|Price:||+ $5.99 shipping|
|You Save:||$8.08 (23%)|
|Brand||Melissa & Doug|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||11 x 2.6 x 15.4 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Wooden Play Set: Kids will love the Melissa & Doug Take-Along Town, with its built-in tracks, colorful scenery, and fun play pieces
- All Around Town: This 18-piece set includes a police car, ambulance, fire engine, and helicopter, plus a bridge, city tunnel with monorail buildings, traffic signs, and a tree
- Play and Learn: This wooden play set is designed to encourage independent play and motor skill development
- Great Gift for Ages 3 to 5: The Melissa & Doug Take-Along Town is an ideal gift for ages 3 to 5. Add the Melissa & Doug Take-Along Farm to round out the hands-on, screen-free play experience
- “The Gold Standard in Childhood Play”: For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News called “the gold standard in early childhood play. ”
- 100% Happiness : We design every toy to the highest quality standards, and to nurture minds and hearts. If your child is not inspired, give us a call and we’ll make it right. Our phone number is on every product!
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Antidote to Screens
'Part of Melissa & Doug’s appeal is as an antidote, if not a substitute, for all that screen time.'
The Gold Standard
'The couple's brand of low-tech, mostly wood toys has become the gold standard in early childhood play.'
Play With a Purpose
'Melissa & Doug toys flex every muscle of a child’s developing sense of identity – and the toys are often tested by their six children.'
'Melissa & Doug is set on making toys that are meant to be timeless, in an effort to preserve a cornerstone of childhood...open-ended play.'
What makes Melissa & Doug toys good for kids?
The American Academy of Pediatrics says toys that inspire hands-on engagement, imaginative play, and rich interaction are the best choice. Each of our toys is thoughtfully and meticulously designed to encourage this kind of learning and development.
What other toys and products do you make?
We make more than 1,000 toys and other products for babies, toddlers, and big kids. Categories include: Pretend Play, Arts & Crafts, Developmental Toys, Children’s Furniture, Games, Activity Pads, Puzzles, Plush, and more!
I've heard Melissa & Doug has a Happiness Guarantee, how does it work?
We stand behind everything that we make. That's why we've put our name (and our phone number!) on every product. If your child is not inspired, give us a call and we'll make it right.
Can I reach someone at Melissa & Doug if I still have a question?
Call us at the number on the back of our packaging. You’ll speak to a real, live person in our Connecticut office during weekday business hours. Or email us, but we bet the human connection of a phone call will brighten your day!
Built-in tracks, colorful scenery, and fun play pieces let kids take their imaginations for a spin . . . and take playtime anywhere they want to go! Unfold the sturdy wooden case to create an illustrated play surface with built-in road tracks for the three wooden wheeled vehicles (a police car, ambulance, and fire engine) and a wooden helicopter to race to the rescue. Set up a bridge and a city tunnel with a monorail that slides across the top! Wooden play pieces include buildings, traffic signs, and a tree to enhance imaginative storytelling. All the pieces store in the fold-up case with convenient carrying handle for easy cleanup and travel (there's plenty of room to add other toys, too! ). Keep playtime rolling for kids three and older and encourage independent play and motor skill development. The Melissa & Doug Take-Along Town is an ideal, easy-to-store gift for ages 3 to 5. Add the Melissa & Doug Take-Along Farm to round out the hands-on, screen-free play experience. This set is easy for kids to carry, with its convenient carrying handle. For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully-designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News called “the gold standard in early childhood play. ” We design every toy to the highest-quality standards, and to nurture minds and hearts. If your child is not inspired, give us a call and we'll make it right. Our phone number is on every product!
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have two boys (2.5 and 3.5 yrs old). Their birthdays are just a couple months away, and we decided to get them a train table with the full M&D track. BUT, I wanted to ease them into it -- as they've never really played with trains before.
I saw this take-along version and thought it'd be a perfect lead in.
The plan is for it to be open and set-up under the tree on Xmas morning, so I can't yet tell you how the kids react. But I just played with it for a good 20 minutes.. if that tells you anything.
Here are my pros and cons right out of the box.
1) VERY solid construction. What I've come to expect from M&D. Wood is thick and sturdy. Clasps and hinges feel strong and durable.
2) Nice finish/paint job on the track itself. A few minor imperfections, but overall, consistent and well done.
3) Buildings/decor painted on both sides. Some sets I've seen have only one side painted. This looks good from all angles.
4) Even without any decor/buildings, it is fun to use the track. My youngest is on the spectrum and not always the most gentle or purposeful with toys. I like that I can teach him how to push the cars before messing with the decor -- but can add those pieces easily for his older brother.
1) 2 cars travel great together, but you'll get an occasional derailment on turns with 3 cars travelling as a unit. Not a huge issue at all, but worth noting.
2) While the sliding gondola is a cute touch as a moveable element, within a day I imagine it would cause paint to wear off the 'mountaintop.' I doubt I'll give it to my kids -- at least not any time soon.
3) I really wish the inside had compartments for the pieces. There's so much space that all the pieces will just be banging/jangling around in there -- should you actually use this for travel.
I will probably wrap pieces in a small dish towel when storing them to negate this.
All seems so nice BUT my son just wouldn't play with it.
I have to say my son is picky and cant change habits if he doesn't need to.
He has lots of wooden trucks,
I thought we can replace it with this board since it looks like he's having a hard time building the trucks over and over again....
Well, what do you know - he kicked the board and returned to his loose trucks.
I'd say give it a try because it's a great idea and well made, especially if your kid has No trucks at all and nothing to compare it to.
I wanted less mess , not an extra for traveling, I guess I'll keep picking up trucks from all over the house ....lol.
We received the toy only a few days after ordering it and it was in perfect condition. The price was excellent for the quality of toy. This will be around for a long time. I would recommend this to anyone.