Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Melissa & Doug 200 Wood Block Set
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 200-piece wooden block set
- Assorted colors: red, yellow, blue, and green
- 9 different shapes
- Sort them, stack them, knock them down!
- Promotes hand-eye coordination, color and shape recognition, counting and sorting, and spatial relationships.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
200 blocks in four colors and nine shapes for your little builder to stack, build, and knock down! Bright, non-toxic colors add to construction and sorting fun.
This 200-piece set takes the blah out of blocks, especially for kids who create best with lots of pieces, lots of color, and lots of space. Kids (those 3- to 7-years-old) will not be hindered by a lack of material for their castles, bridges, fortresses, towers, and houses. There is an abundance of sizes and shapes, including a greater proportion of squares and triangles--the foundation of any building project. The lightweight, wooden pieces are coated with shiny, nontoxic enamel paint (red, yellow, blue, and green) that resists chipping. The box, however, is not as resistant. It has a carrying handle, but grownups should find a more rugged storage container for so many blocks, which are bound to otherwise end up all over the house. --Diane BeallSee all Product description
Compare to similar items
This item Melissa & Doug 200 Wood Block Set
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Sarah's Source LLC||E-Brands||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||12 x 20 x 4 in||12 x 5 x 15 in||8.4 x 7.7 x 2.5 in||—||8 x 8 x 8 in||6.1 x 8.3 x 4.7 in|
|Number of Pieces||200||50||50||100||100||50|
Top customer reviews
Packaging - All the individual units in a plastic pouch are packed in a cardboard box that also can be used as a storage box with a little plastic handle. It was shipped along with other items in a sturdy shipping box.
What is Good About It
These are colored wooden blocks of different shapes and sizes. Rectangles, cubes, cylinders, semi cylinders and scooped in rectangles. Wood is well finished with no sharp ends / edges or burrs colored to a vibrant appearance. It is very useful for a kid to learn about shapes , sizes and to improve child's motor skills ,hand-eye coordination, spatial skills,creativity, divergent thinking and social skills. Moreover, kids can integrate their own constructions into pretend play scenarios. There is also evidence that complex block-play is linked with advanced math skills in later life. The blocks do have vibrant colors which makes it more interesting for kids. Those colors are supposed to be safe for children ( As claimed by manufacturer).
What is not so Good about it
Nothing in particular however, the storage box is very delicate. You may want to use something else for storing the blocks instead of the retail box.
These toys help children in many ways developing their over all skills and analytical ability. This product is well worth every penny.
Would I recommend this product to a friend ?
Yes, I would.
A few thoughts:
1. They are much smaller than I expected. I used to have blocks of similar shapes and colors, but they were much bigger!
2. These blocks are made of a very lightweight wood. I imagine they will get beat up with regular use.
3. This is pretty picky for low-cost blocks, but there are a few knots/irregularities that make it hard to build very tall towers without "cherry picking" the best blocks.
Overall, a good value.
We are happy.
This is a great value for a set of wooden blocks. Our daughter has had hours of play from these and the opportunities for creative play are endless.
A few complaints:
1. They smell. Even to this day (8 months after purchase) they still smell odd. I don't know if it is the paint they use or what but it can be annoying in smaller spaces.
2. A few have splintered a bit and this causes us to have to sand it down or throw out the piece for safety reasons. We were a little surprised by this.
3. The storage box is thin cardboard. We had to find a different storage solution in a matter of minutes, as the box got destroyed. On their other wood block set they provide a heavy duty wood crate for storage. I'm not asking for that for this product, but something a little more substantial would be great.
Most recent customer reviews
The bad: a number were chipped or had splinters I needed to remove. Clearly very quickly and cheaply made.