Melissa & Doug 2053 Shapes Knob Wooden Puzzle
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Extra-thick wooden puzzle features jumbo wooden knobs for easy grasping
- Bright colors and sweet illustrations of familiar objects
- Full-color, matching pictures underneath each piece
- A perfect activity to encourage hand-eye coordination and visual perception skills
- Ages 1 years and up
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
This extra-thick wooden puzzle features a charming cottage with five big puzzle pieces. Jumbo wooden knobs are easy for little hands to grasp and lift, revealing full-color matching pictures underneath each piece! A great activity to encourage hand-eye coordination and visual perception skills.
From the Manufacturer
From classic wooden toys to crafts, pretend play, and games, Melissa & Doug products provide a launch pad to ignite imagination and a sense of wonder in all children so they can discover themselves, their passions, and their purpose.
Since the company’s founding more than 25 years ago, Melissa & Doug has consistently delivered innovative products that inspire open-ended thinking, encourage kids to see new possibilities, and offer Countless Ways to Play. It’s part of a bigger vision to Take Back Childhood. Because by giving children a true childhood with the space and freedom to explore their world, we give them a path to realizing their full potential!
Compare with similar items
Melissa & Doug Farm Animals Jumbo Knob Wooden Puzzle
Melissa & Doug 2055 Pet Animals Knob Wooden Puzzle
Melissa & Doug Fish Bowl Jumbo Knob Wooden Puzzle
Melissa & Doug Vehicles Wooden Peg Puzzle (8 pcs)
Melissa & Doug Deluxe Jumbo Knob Wooden Puzzle - Geometric Shapes (8 pcs)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||11.3 x 11.4 x 0.9 in||1.3 x 12 x 1.3 in||11.4 x 10 x 0.4 in||11.5 x 2.1 x 0.5 in||11.7 x 8.4 x 0.9 in||1.8 x 12 x 1.8 in|
|Item Weight||1.25 lbs||2.3 lbs||1.49 lbs||1.12 lbs||—||2.55 lbs|
|Number of Pieces||25||25||3||3||8||25|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE: I received a new puzzle from the company. My son has been using it for a couple of months now, and there is no fishy smell. It doesn't smell great, exactly, but not terrible, either. My son really likes the puzzle, so I am happy that he now has one he can actually play with! While I am not all that impressed with the puzzle, I am very impressed with Melissa & Doug's customer service, and I will give them another chance after all.
However, the puzzle has three major pitfalls, and not only would I not recommend and not buy again, it's actually going into the trash after one day of use (see picture. ONE day!!):
1) The puzzle is made out of MDF, or compacted paper. And when paper gets wet... yeah, exactly. My kiddo is still teething so yeah, he naturally put a little saliva on the puzzle pieces and they started to disintegrate, so, yay, he gets to eat paper and the chemicals that the paper is bound together with!
2) The images are not painted on, but are instead paper glued onto the MDF. So when the paper gets wet, yup... I was fishing out bits of blue paper from his mouth. In fact, I peeled off most of the paper so he couldn't eat it.
3) The main reason I purchased this puzzle, as described in the video, is that the pieces fit any which way. FALSE! Only the square and rectangle do. The oval, triangle, and circle are one-way only, because they are hand cut and have low tolerance (too low for a "first" puzzle, in my opinion) and therefore the eccentricities cause them to not fit in any other direction.
4) Slightly lesser gripe is that the puzzle pieces are bandsawn using a continuous process, rather than C&C'd or scroll sawn individually, meaning that there are cut lines in between the shapes for the one continuous cut. It's ugly but that doesn't bother me so much, except that where the bandsaw hits a puzzle piece, it digs into it and leaves a sharp notch in the puzzle piece, and just kinda is the last annoyance straw.
I spent a lot of time researching puzzles for my baby, and this came out on top for its concept, but wish I'd gone with a higher quality construction, even if it was a harder puzzle, instead!
apart. Now on one side of the puzzle board it is coming apart. As if the glue wasnt applied correctly. Super disappointed.
Most recent customer reviews
are all around us. Great for 2-5 ages. Good first puzzles for small hands.