Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 5, 2016
Great toy for boys and girls who like to dress up dolls. There are some small pieces so you need to keep away from kids who may put things in their mouth.
on March 27, 2012
I purchased this item over a year ago and it's still in fabulous condition...with the exception of one piece. My Yorkie played a big role in that though, so it has nothing to do with the product itself. Haha! My 4 year old son has definitely loved this toy and has yet to become bored with it. His precious imagination soars with this toy. He dresses up the magnetic character in the super hero suit and flies him all over the house. Next, he dresses him up in the knight armor and is battling with the enemy!

This toy is extremely durable. I haven't had any problems with breakage, or chipping, etc.

I would definitely recommend this and all other Melissa & Doug products to anyone seeking a toy that will encourage imaginative play.
on May 23, 2016
This is one of my favorite Melissa & Doug toys! I love that Melissa & Doug offer a boy themed magnetic dress-up toy! Most companies and stores seem to only offer these toys for girls. I think that dress-up is an important part of play for any child regardless of gender! My son loved playing with his "Joey"! I kept all of the pieces in a little basket for him and he enjoyed picking out outfits and dressing Joey. His favorite was the knight outfit, of course! This toy held up well and remained in good condition for us. Melissa & Doug is such a wonderful brand and I highly recommend this toy for boys and girls alike!
on August 18, 2013
My Grandson loved this as well as the girls! They gave Me their orders as to what One's They wanted,One a Princess,& Than the the 2-girl's dress up!They are so great! My daughter was amazed at HOW WELL They are Made! I Love Doug & Melissa's items! They are not that costly For what You Get! My only problems IS I wish They would make a better box to keep the clothes & Dolls in ?The Box They come in are too easy for the small parts to fall out & Get lost!Even a shoes box? I still love These so Much I ordered More ,That's why I didn't take Stars away!
on June 15, 2008
My 2 1/2 year old doesn't get enough of this toy. He loves to change to outfits and will stay entertained for anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes playing (a long time for this age group). Joey is a great addition so that little boys can play with dress up dolls without having to use girl figures, and he also enjoys the different costumes and pretends with us each character. For the price it is great. The only thing is that if he drools on it, the paper becomes soggy so be careful if your child is a drooler.
22 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2009
My two sons (ages 1.5 and 3.5) both love this toy. My 3.5 year old has been playing with it for 20 minutes at a time, putting on different matching outfits (fireman, police officer, etc.) He loves to dress the toy up as a character and then to bring it and show it to us.
His younger sibling also likes it and is able to put on bigger items on it - a vest or a hat for example. He doesn't mouth toys or small things so we're not too concerned, but we still try to watch him when he plays with it since some clothing items like boots or a mask are very small and could be swallowed by a toddler.
on November 27, 2013
My son loves being able to dress up Joey in different costumes. And the costumes are ones that a boy would like - firefighter, superhero, knight, pirate, police officer and construction worker. He plays pretend games after dressing them in the chosen outfit. He used to play with his sister's girl dress up, but big sis wasn't happy with that. Now that he has his own, they play together. Him with his, and her with hers. It's a good arrangement for everyone, especially mom when they entertain one another for hours!
VINE VOICEon February 14, 2010
I got this for my grandson because his sister was getting girl magnetic dress-up toys and I knew he would want to play dress-up too. These are good quality and great fun! I can't think of any negatives. I recommend them for girls OR boys. They teach coordination, encourage sharing, provide good role models, and teach how to make decisions about clothing choices. Excellent fun! Good value.
on November 28, 2011
Love this, would have been 5 stars if the little man stood up better. It's hard to dress him standing up, and to keep him standing. The stand provided is fine, its just not wide enough and hard for my toddler to use. (he is nearly 3) He got a bit frustrated, but I just hid the stand and he is content to dress him lying down.
This is great for the car, we have a tray that straps to the carseat, and has a raised edge that prevents pieces from sliding off. Fun toy!
on December 18, 2012
Great toy our 4 year old son loves it. We've had it for over 3 months and he still likes to play with it regularly.

Only thing i would like is for it to have some kind of lid to cover the top of the box so pieces wont get lost.

This toy is not for small kids that like to put toys in their mouths... one of the clothing pieces accidentally got wet and the sticker pealed a little.

Other than that i recommend this toy!