Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 213 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 251 reviews
on August 17, 2017
Great toy with quality pieces - not disappointed with the actual product in any way (my 2.5 year old daughter loves playing with this, and hasn't seemed to tire of it yet, even after several weeks of constant play) but like others have mentioned, the packaging is awful. We've already lost 2 shoes because there is absolutely no way to keep all of the pieces together. I had to wrap everything in a plastic grocery bag just to bring it to the beach with us. The doll stand isn't all that sturdy either, but my daughter doesn't seem to use it much anyway. If Melissa and Doug finds a way to improve the packaging, it'd for sure receive a 5 star rating from me.
on August 8, 2011
My girls have loved these. I originally bought them for my oldest when she was 5 and her sister was 3, now they are 6 and 9 and these are still being played with! They have worn some on the edges but still look good and work well. Now my youngest girl is almost 2 and is starting to play with them as well when they have them out.

I agree with the comments here, on the container that these come in - it should have had a lid. It's a lovely, well constructed wood tray and I have kept them all to set out items for crafts on table. I own several of these sets and I find it works just fine to keep them in a cheap, plastic shoebox container that I got for a dollar and holds more than one set of dolls and magnets.

If having trouble getting the clothes to attach, check to see if you need to clean the back of the magnet since anything stuck on will keep it from making contact (being careful not to get the paper front wet).

I would definately purchase again/ purchase for a gift and recommend this if your kids like paper dolls but you don't feel they are old enough to take care of them.
on November 16, 2015
Bought these for my son's friend for Christmas last year. They were in the same preschool class and the teacher used to have a few of these type of magnetic dress up dolls. Anyway, it was always a hit for the girls AND boys to play with the magnets. It turned out to be a great present for the little girl. However, you probably wouldn't want to give this to a kid who likes to throw toys because the pieces of clothes can be thrown like ninja stars FYI.
on January 29, 2013
My daughter LOVES ballerinas right now, and dressing/undressing her dolls and animals and herself, so I thought this would be perfect for her, and it is. She plays with it almost daily, and all the pieces are sturdy. Plus, as with most Melissa & Doug products, you get a cute wooden box/tray to store it all in, which minimizes mess, especially since my daughter enjoys sorting the clothes in their various little areas in the tray. Just don't get the clothes wet, as the surface -- whatever it's made of -- will absorb it and will have that water-stained look. So maybe keep it away from faulty sippy cups and slobbery youngsters who still put everything in their mouths.
on December 30, 2011
We purchased this set as well as two other Melissa and Doug dress up doll set for our daughter for Christmas. They are all absolutely wonderful. Very well made. The type of toy that you can pass from child to child. My daughter loves to dress up all the dolls and then stand them up and play pretend (like they are all going to a ball). These dolls keep her occupied for at least an hour, absolutely amazing!

Note about the company Melissa and Doug:
We had an issue with one of the other dress up dolls and contacted the company about our concern. They were extremely prompt in a response and were eager to rectify my issue. I have not experienced such GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE in a very long time! Our family will now be life long consumers of Melissa and Doug products as they had already won me over with the quality of their products and now we have the absolute cherry on top of fantastic, friendly and quick customer service!

GREAT company and GREAT products!

Also, out of all the items my daughter received for Christmas these are what she has been playing with for the past week.

I also love that the box has suggestions for EDUCATIONAL uses for these dolls!

I wanted to make note that I've read some of the other reviews about wishing there was a lid to this product. Yes, that would be nice but it really hasn't been a problem for us as our daughter has been told that after you are done playing with the dolls all items must be picked up and put neatly back in the container. But a lid would be nice for transportation purposes. Especially since the container that it comes in is so nice.
on November 30, 2015
We bought this for our daughter's best friend for Christmas and I can't be happier. She is 4, takes dance, and will be in love with this. Melissa & Doug are a great brand and we have a lot of their products in our home. This is one more that we are thrilled with purchasing!
on October 9, 2014
I do not love it my 4 year old grand daughter does. She had two other sets but was not yet ready or mature enough to play. Now she has three sets and will play with them for hours by herself. Far cry from the paper dolls my two children and I tried to use back in the day. You cannot go wrong with Melissa Doug toys. Well organized, well thought out.. Great toy!
on July 2, 2016
These are awesome. My kids and any kids that come to my house love playing with them. Both boys and girls alike love them! They have magnets which make them easy to work and are very well made. I love this toy!
on March 20, 2017
I ordered this for my 4 year old and she loves it. The first day she sat and played with it for an hour. I do wish there was a too that went over this to keep all the pieces in the holder.
on December 5, 2014
I bought this as a gift for my niece's preschool graduation. She loves ballerinas and her dance school. And loves making the different outfits for the doll. She will even mismatch from other sets she has. It's so much better than the paper dolls I remember. The wood is thick and sturdy. And the magnets are strong. This has provided hours of fun for my niece and I.