Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 26, 2017
I bought 2 of these dolls for 2 of my friend’s 3-year-old little girls for Christmas. The package arrived quickly and was in great condition. The product itself is great quality as most Melissa and Doug products are. The magnetic outfits work great and I was impressed by the amount of ways to trade out tops, skirts, hair pieces and shoes. I also love that it is wood so it is able to last much longer than traditional paper dolls. I was able to watch one of the little girls play with it and it kept her attention for quite awhile as well as my 3 year-old-boy’s attention 😄 For the product itself I have just one complaint thus giving it 4 stars instead of 5. It comes in a wood box that has no lid so once you remove the plastic wrap all the little pieces will need to go in a ziplock bag so they don’t get lost. I wish Melissa and Doug had created a piece of wood to slide in the box and act as a cover so it could stack on a shelf or to take on the go without worrying about losing little pieces.
review image
on January 15, 2018
I love it. It is a quality play set but it has no lid or anyway to keep it all together for individual play time. We had to keep close watch on it as our grand D is just under 3 and can not balance the box. The box is nice and sturdy. If you have a file shelf for puzzles and can store it away it is great. I think an older child 4 or 5 would find no issue with it..... Even if it had only one section with lid for the shoes it would be great as they are smaller pieces. Our grand D is great playing with one item at a time and putting it away but a cover or lid would be nice. Definitely a take out and play together item and put away. This is five stars for quality as Melissa & Doug are great purchases.
on January 1, 2018
This is an adorable gift to give to give to any little girl. The outfit pieces magnetize onto the doll with ease. It’s great to pull out while waiting for appointments. Or while making meals - to keep that little one entertained. I do wish that the carrying “thing” closed to keep the pieces entacted after use. But other than that - no complaints.
on August 8, 2011
My girls have loved these. I originally bought them for my oldest when she was 5 and her sister was 3, now they are 6 and 9 and these are still being played with! They have worn some on the edges but still look good and work well. Now my youngest girl is almost 2 and is starting to play with them as well when they have them out.

I agree with the comments here, on the container that these come in - it should have had a lid. It's a lovely, well constructed wood tray and I have kept them all to set out items for crafts on table. I own several of these sets and I find it works just fine to keep them in a cheap, plastic shoebox container that I got for a dollar and holds more than one set of dolls and magnets.

If having trouble getting the clothes to attach, check to see if you need to clean the back of the magnet since anything stuck on will keep it from making contact (being careful not to get the paper front wet).

I would definately purchase again/ purchase for a gift and recommend this if your kids like paper dolls but you don't feel they are old enough to take care of them.
on May 12, 2018
I absolutely love Melissa and Doug toys. We have a lot of them. I wish that the dress up dolls like this came with covers to them so that the pieces wouldn't fall out and they could be stored upright.
on March 15, 2018
This is perfect for my sweet great niece. It is large enough that it will be easy for her to handle, it is beautifully fone & the colors are wonderful. I have always been a BIG FAN of Melissa & Doug's toys. Have bought many in my day & have ALWAYS been VERY HAPPY. Perfect gift.
on December 29, 2017
Bought for my daughter for Christmas- she likes changing the clothes. My only complaint is that there is no lid for this wooden storage box, so often times the pieces fall out, and there are some really small ones.
on November 16, 2015
Bought these for my son's friend for Christmas last year. They were in the same preschool class and the teacher used to have a few of these type of magnetic dress up dolls. Anyway, it was always a hit for the girls AND boys to play with the magnets. It turned out to be a great present for the little girl. However, you probably wouldn't want to give this to a kid who likes to throw toys because the pieces of clothes can be thrown like ninja stars FYI.
on December 30, 2011
We purchased this set as well as two other Melissa and Doug dress up doll set for our daughter for Christmas. They are all absolutely wonderful. Very well made. The type of toy that you can pass from child to child. My daughter loves to dress up all the dolls and then stand them up and play pretend (like they are all going to a ball). These dolls keep her occupied for at least an hour, absolutely amazing!

Note about the company Melissa and Doug:
We had an issue with one of the other dress up dolls and contacted the company about our concern. They were extremely prompt in a response and were eager to rectify my issue. I have not experienced such GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE in a very long time! Our family will now be life long consumers of Melissa and Doug products as they had already won me over with the quality of their products and now we have the absolute cherry on top of fantastic, friendly and quick customer service!

GREAT company and GREAT products!

Also, out of all the items my daughter received for Christmas these are what she has been playing with for the past week.

I also love that the box has suggestions for EDUCATIONAL uses for these dolls!

I wanted to make note that I've read some of the other reviews about wishing there was a lid to this product. Yes, that would be nice but it really hasn't been a problem for us as our daughter has been told that after you are done playing with the dolls all items must be picked up and put neatly back in the container. But a lid would be nice for transportation purposes. Especially since the container that it comes in is so nice.
on January 29, 2013
My daughter LOVES ballerinas right now, and dressing/undressing her dolls and animals and herself, so I thought this would be perfect for her, and it is. She plays with it almost daily, and all the pieces are sturdy. Plus, as with most Melissa & Doug products, you get a cute wooden box/tray to store it all in, which minimizes mess, especially since my daughter enjoys sorting the clothes in their various little areas in the tray. Just don't get the clothes wet, as the surface -- whatever it's made of -- will absorb it and will have that water-stained look. So maybe keep it away from faulty sippy cups and slobbery youngsters who still put everything in their mouths.